Popular Tags: vlog [+] [View All]
Lawrence Spode
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We now have our second video up. Be warned it is very long (50min) and pretty large (400mb). I think the quality of the video has improved alot. Enjoy and please send me any feedback you may have.

http://www.bookshelfgames.com/index.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't viewed completely your first one, as the game was of no interest to me, however, I've started viewing your last one, it looks interresting and I have a few constructive comments, first when you speak to the audience, look at the camera, it looks too much like you are reading your script than talking to us, but the quality of the video is better than the first episode.

Now, you are reviewing a game I have some interest in (even though the feedback I got was less than stellar!), so you grabbed my attention!

If you can reduce the size of the file, that would be great as well. Now back to viewing the video!

Good luck with your vlog!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank for the feedback. I'll try to be mindfull of that in the future.

As far as the game goes, I'm sorry you got negative feedback. I really enjoy this game. There is the dreaded luck factor but it is a really fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I was hoping for something good, however, I didn't play it yet, so I'm looking forward to view your review. In fact, I'm burning it on a DVD so that I can use my sick day and relax in front of the tv!

It's one of those games, that I'll need to play it before making up my mind. The guy who told me his impression and I don't have the same tastes in games, so it doesn't mean that I won't like it, but I need to try it out!

As for my feedback, it's hard to look at the camera, if nobody is behind it, so I understand, as you said, you wanted feedback, and that's the first thing that I've noticed. I'm really looking forward to view it! The encoding is at 70%, so I need to wait another half-hour before sitting down to relax and listen to it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andreo
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

thanks for the video. I am quite interested in this game, but did not find the time to read the rules. I am looking forward to watch your video.

Up to now, I have some ideas/questions concerning the video quality/size, since I haven't found any details about the hardware/software you are using. Perhaps you want to add something about that.

Why did you choose a resolution of 400*304?
Using the same bitrate with a higher resolution would lead to the same filesize, but in some cases to a higher quality.

Perhaps you could decrease the framerate (and at the same time reduce camera movement). The latest boardgameswithscott videos are limited to 15 fps and that should be enough.

Another idea would be to use a unicolored background/tablecloth, which is not so dark as the table, if you show close-ups of game components.

If the filesize and the required bandwidth don't bother you, you can ignore my comments. My connection is not the fastest (it took me about three hours to download your video), but I can wait (and would even wait much longer).

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions. A table cloth is definetly a good idea.

I don't know much about compression. I have been allowing the compressor to run on auto. I will have to look into customizing my settings. Sorry it is taking so long for you to download.

Thanks for watching.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the first video. Where is it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You did not miss much. I took down the first video because I was not sure if I had the bandwidth to support both. I have more than enough so I wil put the other up later in the week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.