Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Ogre» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on stacking using 6th ed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gariboldi
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am new to ogre and just pick up a copy of the designer version of the game. I played through my first game with my 7 year son. We both loved it, but it did generate a rule question.

Accepting we were playing the on the original ogre board with the stacking limit of 1 unit per hex and the ogre is always only considered in the front hex, does that mean an a unit can occupy the rear hex of the ogre model with no penalty due to it being an empty hex?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Valdez
msg tools
Yes.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris leko
United States
Brooksville
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
What's so great about it?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been a while since I've looked at the rules, but I'm pretty sure this is correct.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, the Ogre occupies one hex, simply, as far as game rules are concerned.

The large physical construction of the standee models physically occupying 2 hexes has caused this to be a frequently asked question and point of confusion. :/
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricman wrote:

Accepting we were playing the on the original ogre board with the stacking limit of 1 unit per hex and the ogre is always only considered in the front hex, does that mean an a unit can occupy the rear hex of the ogre model with no penalty due to it being an empty hex?


Welcome!

As others have stated already, the short answer is yes. The rule that applies is 3.04

Quote:
3.04 Most Ogre counters are two hexes long. Always treat the Ogre as occupying only the front hex of its counter or miniature.


So regardless of the physical size of the counter, the Ogre is in only one hex. The Ogres are big, but they aren't that big :-)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
russ wrote:
The large physical construction of the standee models physically occupying 2 hexes has caused this to be a frequently asked question and point of confusion. :/

Confusion... and nerdrage.

21 
 Thumb up
0.04
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gariboldi
New Zealand
Nelson
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for clarifying this and so quickly too.
It is great to see the OGRE community alive and well! I am your latest recruit
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
russ wrote:
The large physical construction of the standee models physically occupying 2 hexes has caused this to be a frequently asked question and point of confusion. :/

Confusion... and nerdrage.

So the Black Queen must be a Mark I or Mark II queen :-)
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Rock

Illinois
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ricman wrote:
Thanks everyone for clarifying this and so quickly too.
It is great to see the OGRE community alive and well! I am your latest recruit


If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. If you haven't checked in the SJG forums, that's a good source of info, too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.