Popular Tags: flgs [+] michigan [+] [View All]
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know of a good game store around Flint, MI ? My parents are looking for a store close to home (maybe 30 miles), and the Detroit area is too far.

Thanks,

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Defense
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think fairplaygames.com is near Flint ... not sure if they have bricks and mortar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sadly, not a lot to offer in the immediate Flint area. Rider's on Corunna Road (at Linden Road) isn't worth the trip. Hobbytown USA in Grand Blanc doesn't carry a wide variety. The closest store may be Heroquest Comics in Howell (at the outer range of your 30-mile limit): outstanding selection of current games. The other notable stores outside that range include RiW Hobbies in Livonia and 21st Century Comics in East Lansing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Aikens
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just discovered the RiW in Livonia over the holidays. Cramped and stocked to the gills with Magic: The Gathering...but also very well stocked with other games.

Looking forward to getting back there around the end of the month to spend some $$$.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Kaiser
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FairPlayGames is near Flint. It's a bit east but it might be worth it. Not sure if they do pick ups but it might be worth looking into if you live in the area. There is really nothing quit elike online prices with no shipping cost!!

www.fairplaygames.com

4310 Thom Rd.
Columbiaville, MI 48421

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pottsie
United States
Lorton
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the help, I will directed them towards Fairplay, and then 21st Century in East Lansing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Martin
United States
Fernandina Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just a heads-up. 21st Century is difficult to locate: it's tucked away upon a balcony that is hard to see from the street. The store is located above a store called "Bubble Tea" or something like that. You may have them call for specific directions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Burcar
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back when I lived in the Flint area, I always went to a place called The Red Dragon for my gaming. It's located right outside of Otisville. I'm not sure what they cater to nowadays as I haven't been there for a while, but they always had a good and stable group when I went there.

-ElZappo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Desmond Woolston
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dmart wrote:
Sadly, not a lot to offer in the immediate Flint area. Rider's on Corunna Road (at Linden Road) isn't worth the trip. Hobbytown USA in Grand Blanc doesn't carry a wide variety. The closest store may be Heroquest Comics in Howell (at the outer range of your 30-mile limit): outstanding selection of current games. The other notable stores outside that range include RiW Hobbies in Livonia and 21st Century Comics in East Lansing.

I'd have to ask why you say that we aren't worth the trip? I'd like to think that we are friendly and somewhat knowledgable about things. While we may not have every game on the 'Geek, we can order the newer, in print ones up at no additional cost to the customer.
What we do lack is gaming space, but oddly enough we proved we could get 14 or so guys in here for a Warhammer 40,000 tournament earlier this month.

So I ask again, why aren't we considered worth the trip? If you'd wish, you can PM me your answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thad Hobson
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Although this is a good bit south, Madison Heights has a nice game store with a huge selection. Guild of Blades it is called. It's on John R around 12 mile or so.

I'm movign back home to the Flint area in a few weeks. I'm a hardcore Eurogamer. If you are interested in playing with my group some time, let me know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you ever make it down to Ann Arbor, check out Vault of Midnight on Main Street - great selection of board games in the basement with board game nights on Thursday and Sunday. It's known for comic books - it won the Eisner Spirit of Comics Retailer award in 2010.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Stephens
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
BC Comics in Fenton still around? I know they had a few boardgames and RPGs in store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clem's Comics will be another store in the Lansing area to look at as they host monthly gaming there.

http://www.clemslansing.com/wordpress/

There's also The Fortress, but to me that would rank rather low. Last I was there(years ago mind you) it wasn't so much about board games although they had a ton of space for people to play games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Emmons
United States
Grand Blanc
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BC Comics in Fenton, MI is around and doing well. The last time I was in there, they had really expanded their board game selection with great Euro games and expansions. A little pricey but you expect that from a small local store.

Hobbytown USA in Grand Blanc closed it's doors. In it's place is The PWN Shop. I haven't been in there so I can't say what they have.

I usually shop either Rider's Hobby or Gamer's Sanctuary in Flint. Rider's has good prices, and sometimes coupons, but their selection isn't as big at Gamer's Sanctuary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Cardoso
Portugal
Barreiro
Barreiro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Try here:

http://boardgamefinder.net/