PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb
--
Fanatic
She cannot modify her swing vs a low pitch, and always gets (R) vs a high pitch.
"Modify" always means changing the actual number rolled, so she can still reroll against low pitches.
Finally, all abilities always stack, so she would be able to use (R) twice if she won that token during a staredown vs a high pitch.
--
Home Opener (solo)
The Home Opener should be the first scenario you play in solo mode. For future playthroughs, you could opt to draw a scenario for each game. Added this to errata.
--
Ethan Roberto
When using his MVP, complete one Run phase. If he reaches first safely, he then declare if he'd like to try to run to second. At this point a second Run phase takes place, but only for Ethan advancing to 2nd.
--
King Launius
If you could Crush the ball and have his MVP available, you must choose which to activate. If you Crush it, and the Crush roll is a 1-2, you must still enter the Run phase.
--
Pete R Schmidt
You must decide to activate his trait before rolling your swing. You cannot roll, fail, and then declare that you're taking the ball.
--
Verheerend Staab
When using his MVP, you choose which of the pitcher's tokens is fatigued 1.
--
Manny Burgerhead
His trait says "always," so you must always apply the +/-1 to your control result. However, if you roll an S[6], you may still use the +1, and simply fail to rotate the die since it's maxed out. Note that this makes all his pitches vs lefties not "natural" results.
--
Wake Louder
Wake's trait doesn't activate vs foul balls. Additionally, if his trait does activate and the pitcher gets the out during the run phase, the lead runner is out but the other batters successfully advance.
--
Dialed In (solo)
The pitcher rerolls the control die once each time a B[5] or B[6] pitch is thrown. The "reroll once" simply means that you cannot reroll indefinitely.
--
Southpaw Straw
If ejected with no pitcher in your bullpen, bring in a new, fully fatigued pitcher of your opponent's choosing.
---
Talent Scouts
There can only be one token on the card at any time, meaning that unless there is a walk, the ability is refreshed for each new batter.
--
Guise
He's basically a rookie, with no active trait. But he's awesome! ^_^
--

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: INDIVIDUAL CARD FAQ
Hi ! What happens when Straw fatigues in the solo game? (I am presuming her Trait has no effect throughout the solo game - i.e. she pitches out the at-bat and is then substituted in).

best wishes, Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
Hi ! What happens when Straw fatigues in the solo game? (I am presuming her Trait has no effect throughout the solo game - i.e. she pitches out the at-bat and is then substituted in).

best wishes, Ricky
Please see here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: 6 nimmt! fanMicrobadge: Cyberpunk 2020 RPG fanMicrobadge: I love Olympic National Park

Adam, Christopher, and Paul (Talent Scouts)

They place a token to cancel Ace Pitch/MVP and remove it when a Hit/Out is made.

Is there any limit to how many times they can use this ability? If not, how does a Pitcher/Batter ever use their Ace Pitch/MVP?

My impression is that the scouts set the marker as the first batter comes up. The batter either gets a hit or is out, the scouts replace the marker on the next batter up. It doesn't seem like there's any way to stop this ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:

best wishes, Ricky
Please see here.
That's a different question Chris... I saw that thread. AS it goes, I know the answer... Her Trait does nothing in the solo game Cheers! Rick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricky2002 wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
ricky2002 wrote:

best wishes, Ricky
Please see here.
That's a different question Chris... I saw that thread. AS it goes, I know the answer... Her Trait does nothing in the solo game Cheers! Rick.
Oh snap, I totally blanked on the solo part. My bad!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb
bluegargantua wrote:

They place a token to cancel Ace Pitch/MVP and remove it when a Hit/Out is made.

Is there any limit to how many times they can use this ability? If not, how does a Pitcher/Batter ever use their Ace Pitch/MVP?

My impression is that the scouts set the marker as the first batter comes up. The batter either gets a hit or is out, the scouts replace the marker on the next batter up. It doesn't seem like there's any way to stop this ability.

It's basically saying "once per batter" (unless there's a walk); we may have been laying the groundwork for future token cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mullins014 wrote:
... we may have been laying the groundwork for future token cards...
SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Russell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I play with blue!Microbadge: Civilization fanMicrobadge: 6 nimmt! fanMicrobadge: Cyberpunk 2020 RPG fanMicrobadge: I love Olympic National Park
Mullins014 wrote:
bluegargantua wrote:

It's basically saying "once per batter" (unless there's a walk); we may have been laying the groundwork for future token cards...
Ahhh...it only affects one pitch/swing per at bat. The token stuff made me think the power was in effect until the marker got removed and really it's saying that the power is exhausted until a new batter comes up.

I needed to read the card a bit more closely.

Thanks
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Guise's trait supposed to be 'I am awesome!' (which presumably has the result of treating him as a Rookie), or 'Treat B rolls as C rolls' as he's scribbled out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb
He's basically a rookie.

The cool part for him is the copy ability, which can be really sweet if you have a particular pitcher you are facing, or have the ability to pinch hit and get access to a key ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
INDIVIDUAL CARD FAQ
Pitcher Reld Nahcire:

His double bonus ability states "Choose any two, or fatigue 1 for any 3.."

What does "fatigue 1 for any 3" mean? Any 3 what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Louder
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobGe wrote:
Pitcher Reld Nahcire:

His double bonus ability states "Choose any two, or fatigue 1 for any 3.."

What does "fatigue 1 for any 3" mean? Any 3 what?
That would be any 3 red/white abilities. (Red, red, white or red, white, red etc. ) similar to any 2 abilities, the fatigue just gives you one more trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
INDIVIDUAL CARD FAQ
Ah. Duh. Makes sense. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joelseph
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
Check your pockets.
badge
Greatest healer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Silly question for events with multiple innings. Home Opener for example, The card reads 9/11. Does that mean we start in the 9th and play 3 half innings (9 outs)? And if that is true do we only get MP for winning (scoring) in the 9th or 10th? Do we 'reload' the first base base runner for every inning? Or do the bases start empty in the 10th and 11th?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb
joelseph wrote:
Silly question for events with multiple innings. Home Opener for example, The card reads 9/11. Does that mean we start in the 9th and play 3 half innings (9 outs)? And if that is true do we only get MP for winning (scoring) in the 9th or 10th? Do we 'reload' the first base base runner for every inning? Or do the bases start empty in the 10th and 11th?
If you ever advance to a new inning in a solo scenario, you start the next inning with the bases empty, no outs.

You only obtain the MP for the highest victory condition you receive, unless the scoring says otherwise (e.g. Slump Buster, extra puts for not pinch hitting).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Manny Burgerhead - can someone please clarify his trait?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobGe wrote:
When Manny is pitching against Left-handed batters he can always use the +1/-1 pitch ability even if he didn't gain it from the pitch tokens. You can tell Lefties at the top of the batter's card where it will designate "Left" or "Right".

Cheers,
Chris
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
RobGe wrote:
When Manny is pitching against Left-handed batters he can always use the +1/-1 pitch ability even if he didn't gain it from the pitch tokens. You can tell Lefties at the top of the batter's card where it will designate "Left" or "Right".

Cheers,
Chris
Is it mandatory to apply the +/- 1?

If the pitcher HAS gained the +/- 1 ability via stare down, does the trait give the pitcher the ability to use the +/- 1 in addition to the state down ability?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RobGe wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
RobGe wrote:

Cheers,
Chris
No, you always have the option of taking the natural die roll and not modifying it.

Quote:
If the pitcher HAS gained the +/- 1 ability via stare down, does the trait give the pitcher the ability to use the +/- 1 in addition to the state down ability?
If you mean can Manny get a +2/-2 from getting the Stare Down ability versus a Leftie, then no. The bonus maxes out at +1/-1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
RobGe wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
RobGe wrote:

Cheers,
Chris
No, you always have the option of taking the natural die roll and not modifying it.

Quote:
If you mean can Manny get a +2/-2 from getting the Stare Down ability versus a Leftie, then no. The bonus maxes out at +1/-1.
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
RobGe wrote:
ckirkman wrote:
RobGe wrote:

Cheers,
Chris

Quote:
This one is a bit tricky, but it's all in the phrasing. It's not that it "maxes out;" in fact normally abilities always stack. However, in this case it specifically says Manny "can always use the pitch ability" which is different than a simple "gets +/-1."

Edit: I didn't have the card in front of me at the time; it does say "Always +/-1" and never mentions that he "gets" it. This is subtle, but means it's mandatory.
Added to card FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mullins014 wrote:

This one is a bit tricky, but it's all in the phrasing. It's not that it "maxes out;" in fact normally abilities always stack. However, in this case it specifically says Manny "can always use the pitch ability" which is different than a simple "gets +/-1."

Perhaps another way to phrase the trait text on the card could be: "versus left handed pitcher, always gain modify ability during stare down"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mullins
United States
Lincoln University
PA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's always my turn.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, just have to be careful that it doesn't seem like he wins that instead of the batter. It's just that he can always use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob G

Chicago
Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Another question (let me know if I should be starting another thread for each question)::

Slump Buster manager's decision: if I pinch hit for the first (slumped) batter, does that pinch hitter also lose the ability to re-roll? If it stays in line with theme, I wouldn't think so...just checking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |