Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

Bottom of the 9th» Forums » General

Subject: How to get the complete game with all Kickstarter extras in one box. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Salerno
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This includes all the extras available as of 11/19/2015, except Budgie and Bludle, both of which I regret not having.

Empty Box.

Place the board on the bottom, and stack all of the batter cards to one side.

Add the support crew, Rain Delay, and checklist cards on top of the batter cards. Start a second stack with all of the pitchers.

Stack the Manager Challenge cards on top of the pitchers. Place the bubble-gum count trackers against the end-wall.

Place the dice, strikes and outs counters, and one set of pitch tokens in the empty space as shown.

Arrange the balls counters on their sides in the grooves formed by the other pieces, as shown.

Place the runner and pitcher meeples, and the second set of pitch tokens on top of the Manager Challenge cards. Place the fatigue tokens on top of the first set of pitch tokens.

Side view to show everything flush with top of the box.

Put the rulebook on top.

The lid closes completely.

Of course, future expansions will make this obsolete, but it works for now. Hope this helps.

edit: capitalization
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Teixeira
msg tools
Wow.

Not only is that genius, but the explanation and pictures are perfect. Thank you for taking the time to share!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salerno
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very glad it helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salerno
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy Cow! I just saw all that GG! Thanks guys! That's very generous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Rupp
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*opens Bottom of the 9th and expansions*

*tries to fit everything back in the box*

*fails*

*checks BGG to see if someone has figured it out*

Success!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Byer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhhhh someone beat me to it. Very similar to my method. I had even taken pictures but since you were so kind and our methods are similar I'm sure people can follow the instructions. I did include the final results minus the rule book as a reference picture. Here is my method:

1) Put all the foil packaging vertically in the bottom of the tray. (I liked them so I'm keeping them. Feel free to pitch them. No pun intended)

2) Place the board on top. Then starting at the bottom portion of the tray place the expansion card horizontally. (That is the Sentinels and Big Leauge cards) It should come close to the top of the tray.

3) Next place the original game cards horizontally along with the Gen-Con Promos, Rain Delay and Bl├╝dle cards. Again they should come close to the top.

4) Now you have just enough room to place the Solo Game cards horizontally. Your tray is broken into thirds if you have followed so far.

5) I took the large pitcher and batter tokens out of the bags and placed 2 each on top of the expansion cards section and the original game section respectively. This brings everything exactly to the tray height. Combine the dice and tokens all into one bag and they fit perfectly on top of the Solo Game cards.

6) Lastly, I took the Gum Sticks and wedged them between each section of cards to create dividers. You will have to double up on one of them since there are 3. Put the rules on top and close it on up. It make a nice tight and secure box for your game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted in another thread, my layout is similar to Chad's. I haven't opened my two expansion packs yet because they look so nice. I will wait until I am bored with the regular characters.

Below is the pic I took yesterday. Though after playing around with it more I have some minor changes. Realizing I don't need the bag to hold the bits gives me a little more room. I found out I could then put the solo cards on top of the bits. This will help keep them in place while transporting the game. That then leaves plenty of room in the center pile for the expansions.

I am using loose rubber bands to easily keep the pitchers, batters, and promos separated. Hence why I have extras in the box for when I do open the other packs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salerno
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like Chad's solution better than mine, so I'll be adopting it, I think. Thanks for posting the pics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Byer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joe! It's funny you say that because after thinking things through a bit more I really liked your idea of separating the batters and pitchers. So I ended up doing the first pile all batters, second pile all pitchers then checklists then support cards. The checklists keep them separated for easily grabbing. Then I still put the solo cards last and the tokens the same as before. And I suppose as Kevin said, the bag is not really necessary so I may be ditching that. I'm not sure why but I always like to keep small bits bagged. But for me personally, I can't use rubber bands. Still using the gum to separate each pile.

My original method was to keep the promos separated but the I realized the checklist would allow me to sort them. So it made more sense for accessibility to separate the batters, pitchers and support. So a nice combination of our approaches seems to work very nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Salerno
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadwick12 wrote:
My original method was to keep the promos separated but the I realized the checklist would allow me to sort them. So it made more sense for accessibility to separate the batters, pitchers and support. So a nice combination of our approaches seems to work very nicely.
I agree, and when I went to incorporate your ideas, I wound up doing the same thing you did. Bottom of the 9th promotes teamwork! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Byer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's no "I" in TEAM!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joelseph
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
Check your pockets.
badge
Greatest healer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Bless you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
mbmbmbmbmb
chadwick12 wrote:
There's no "I" in TEAM!
But there's an 'M' and an 'E' and that's ME!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sleeving is not gonna work with this i guess??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Bowman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't think about using the sticks of gum as dividers. Genius. Well done sir!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:
sleeving is not gonna work with this i guess??
I got everything from the KS into the box nicely after sleeving the cards with the exception of the dice. I feel a bit like Mr. Creosote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Q You
Canada
MISSISSAUGA
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oOO Thanks.

Maybe tag it with a dice bag.

I really like to sleeve all my cards =_=

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Teoro
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
exqcme wrote:
oOO Thanks.

If the dice weren't so nice, I would simply grab random dice whenever we play. For now, I will simply store the dice in their little plastic bag next to the box.

For sleeving, the larger cards use the green Standard sleeves (Mayday) and the smaller cards use the purple Standard USA sleeves (Mayday): 2 5/8" x 3 5/8" and 56mm x 87mm, respectively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Kranzel
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
7eat51 wrote:
exqcme wrote:
oOO Thanks.

If the dice weren't so nice, I would simply grab random dice whenever we play. For now, I will simply store the dice in their little plastic bag next to the box.

For sleeving, the larger cards use the green Standard sleeves (Mayday) and the smaller cards use the purple Standard USA sleeves (Mayday): 2 5/8" x 3 5/8" and 56mm x 87mm, respectively.
How many cards are there of each size? I'll get the game added to the sleeves geeklist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally opened the expansions. Here's my new pics of the contents of the box. The near stack is standard and big league cards. The center is Sentinels and promos. The far stack under the bits is the solo cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls