Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Richard Hutnik
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am curious how the boardgaming hobby is in Las Vegas. When I had visited there, I didn't find any places to buy boardgames, outside of a few things at the World Series of Poker.

Anyone been Vegas or live in Vegas can state the state of the Hobby there? Seems odd that a place known for its table games wouldn't have much in the way of the hobby.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a few groups that meet and play together. Almost everyone buys their games online. Only kind of games that you can buy from the stores are for miniatures like warhammer, dreamblade, etc. Hosehead Hobbies and Dark Comics or something like that can't recall the precise name are the only ones I'm aware of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Games Expo 2007 will be there in March 18th for 4 days followed by GAMA the next week. Check out http://www.gamesexpo2007.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif Norcott
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a couple of game stores, most of our stores have closed down. Dreamland Hobbies being the latest one to close. We have a couple of stores on Sahara and Decatur, Dark tower Comics and HobbyTown. Like the person above me has mentioned it is not worth the time to go to these stores and I would instead buy online.

As for gaming groups we have a good one going on thursday nights, but not my house so I can't invite, but I can request for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lucchesi
United States
Nevada
flag msg tools
Yea, the one on Decatur and Sahara is also next to a Borders Book Store. It's not too bad a place at all, and has some pretty good stuff. Lots of warhammer, LOTS of superhero-themed stuff though. The store itself isnt that large.

I lived in a small town in California for a while. We had.. four game stores, hehe. Two of them closed down, unfortunately, but both of them were _very_ active for holding games right there. One is two stories tall!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls