United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
They're Young, They're in Love... They eat LARD
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

This message is intended to Hybrid players, particularly those that are English speaking. I’ve been working on my own to refine the rules for Hybrid, to get to the core meaning of the original translation and collate them into a single document.

I believe my revised translation brings a level of clarity so far lacking in current translations. Regardless, I felt we would all benefit from working on this from a group perspective. The end result will be sent to Rackham for their use and possible posting on the Hybrid Utilities website.

Updated post 2/2/07

This effort was suspended at Rackham's discretion. The final copy will still be sent for their use, but will not be available for public comment.

Sincerely,

Steve Rogers (epilgrim)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a good idea, but I was hoping I'd already achieved these aims with my rules summary, which you can find here and on www.headlesshollow.com.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
this effort has different goals than the summary. The purpose of this is to literally re-write the rules and define them in sharp relief.

As a group project the hope is to invigorate the player community and get this posted to the Rackham site as a utility.

Your summary work is excellent regardless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Peterson
United States
Normal
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far so good! Keep up the rewrite. I've read the rules dozens of times, and I think I've gotten them down, but a fresh rewrite would be great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Updated post 2/2/07

This effort was suspended at Rackham's discretion. The final copy will still be sent for their use, but will not be available for public comment.

Sincerely,

Steve Rogers (epilgrim)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The project to consolidate the rules for Hybrid continues, happily with the approval of Rackham. I have done my best to capture the entire ruleset and bring clarity to the text. By presenting it here I hope to refine it even further by incorporating the combined experience and observation of the Hybrid community.

I look forward to any and all critique. Here is part 1:

http://en-forum.confrontation.fr/viewtopic.php?p=369752#3697...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I’d be honored to participate. I have done a lot of developmental work, play testing and editing for game companies, but this was my first foray into re-working another language when the translation and the grammar have to be carefully examined.

I have put in an offer to be a participant if they wish. I work pro-bono, so it really comes down to whether or not they are proprietary about their editing. At present I have a certified French translator working on the Ravage magazine scenarios.

I’m very interested, so I hope they will call me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Rogers
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules are now complete and posted in 10 parts for your reference. If you have any questions or corrections feel free to post in the relevant thread. I hope this proves to be of use to the entire Hybrid and Rackham player community.

You’ll find them all here in the Rackham Hybrid forum:

http://en-forum.confrontation.fr/viewforum.php?f=26&sid=7ace...

Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim yeh
msg tools
I plan on playing this game after over a decade since purchase. Where can i get your English rewrite? As expected, the link to their site is no longer valid.

Thanks,

Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timyeh wrote:
I plan on playing this game after over a decade since purchase. Where can i get your English rewrite? As expected, the link to their site is no longer valid.

Thanks,

Tim

There's a copy here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r3lty1n054nv6da/Hybrid%20Rules.pdf...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.