Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Marvel Heroes» Forums » General

Subject: After numerous plays do you believe the rules need revision? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For those people who have played Marvel Heroes at least 4 times, do you believe the rules need revision?
1 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
binge gamer wrote:
For those people who have played Marvel Heroes at least 4 times, do you believe the rules need revision?

Yeah it could use a cleaner version for sure. We've changed how swingy headline strength could be. but so far, that's the only thing in my years of playing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
"Games that want to get out."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
Yeah it could use a cleaner version for sure. We've changed how swingy headline strength could be. but so far, that's the only thing in my years of playing.

Do you still believe that the Fantastic Four are broken?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We didnt change any rules on our side, almost every game ends with every team close to each other in VPs (Raw F4 didnt win more games than the other teams either btw).
Though, rulebook could use revision, not in the rules themselves but in the writting mostly
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
binge gamer wrote:
For those people who have played Marvel Heroes at least 4 times, do you believe the rules need revision?

MH was the first game I bought after getting back into gaming, never had any problems with the rules/rulebook. I've always found the organization and layout spot on suited for my way in learning the rules (this, this, then this; hell, stuff for each section is color-coded to boot).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
binge gamer wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
Yeah it could use a cleaner version for sure. We've changed how swingy headline strength could be. but so far, that's the only thing in my years of playing.

Do you still believe that the Fantastic Four are broken?

Oh right, those guys. Actually we do a lot less than most. Only thing we change is Mr. Fantastic's containment field can't be used with other powers, which solves their problem and works out thematically too.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alwin Derijck
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a great thread.

I haven't played the game, but noticed all the rules discussions.

Good to read that the game is good as designed.

There are several FAQ's and such so should get those I suppose.

The Mr Fantastic "fix" is that sort of official erratum or house rule?

cheers,
Alwin
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joffrey N.
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alwin wrote:
This is a great thread.

I haven't played the game, but noticed all the rules discussions.

Good to read that the game is good as designed.

There are several FAQ's and such so should get those I suppose.

The Mr Fantastic "fix" is that sort of official erratum or house rule?

cheers,
Alwin

Here is the thread where the F4 issue is discussed, with designers opinion.

Basically, they suggested a F4 "fix" for the people who think that they are broken. But it is not an erratum i.e. it is not mandatory to apply if you dont think F4 are broken (actually, I took some time to even find out that they could be broken, because they dont especially win more games than other teams here).

So if you want to apply these official fixes is up to you

Cheers
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls