United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there, everyone.

Episode 22 of The Spiel is now available. You can listen or download directly at http://www.thespiel.net/drupal or subscribe via iTunes or RSS.

Episode 22 - You Bet Your Asp

Bet like an Egyptian. We get a good dose of corruption, cash, and deadly crocodile gods playing Wits & Wagers and Cleopatra & the Society of Architects.

News & Notes: Colosseum, Web Links
The List: Wits & Wagers, Cleopatra and the Society of Architects
Backshelf Spotlight: CheapAss Essentials
Truckloads of Goober: Doom: The Boardgame
Game Sommelier: Five meaty games for under $10
Mail Bag: Joel's classroom games, little plastic baggies

Thanks for listening!

Stephen, still drying out from the Super Bowl. I was at the game cheering the Colts to victory! Best three hour shower I'll ever have...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phoenix is available at Game Surplus:

http://www.gamesurplus.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Wilder
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sconway wrote:
...still drying out from the Super Bowl. I was at the game cheering the Colts to victory! Best three hour shower I'll ever have...

Congrats (from a Bears fan) on a great win for the Colts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jim, for the info on Phoenix. I'll pass that on in the next episode.

And, thanks, Mark for being a good sport. The Bears day will come. Having followed the Colts since I was six (wore a Bert Jones jersey growing up), it was really special to see them win the big game in person. The city is riding a great wave of euphoria despite the 7 inches of snow that fell today upon our return from rainy Florida. I've been grinning like an idiot since Sunday and I'm not sure I'll stop until August.

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Bruns
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed the episode. I finished it yesterday! Great job as always. I really enjoy the pictures that go along with the podcast, it wouldn't be the same without them. I think I listen to most of the board gaming podcasts out there and The Spiel is in the TOP. Very well done, informitave and entertaining. I'm not just blowing smoke.

Congrats with the Colts too. Although I think the Defense or Adai should have recieved the MVP. Still a great win though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the very kind words, Ryan. We'd never accuse you of blowing smoke.

The enhanced version takes alot of extra effort, but I think it does add alot to be able to see what we're talking about WHILE we're talking about it.

Since the Super Bowl, I've been grinning like an idiot. Don't think I'll stop until next August. I was hoping the offensive line would get the MVP. It would have been unprecedented, but they played amazingly well keeping Peyton clean and blowing the Bears D-line back on run plays.

Spiel on!

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Heaton
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Come back Bale...
badge
In 'Poch we trust!
mbmbmbmb
Very enjoyable episode, helped pass the time while I was waiting like many Canadians for a passport for my daughter. Had to resist going down the road 100 metres to the game shop to get 'Cleopatra...', would have done as well if I hadn't been waiting in line for 3 hours and may have lost my place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Conway
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Bill.

I'm sure your daughter would have saved your place in line.

I'm in the process of renewing my passport (anticipating a trip to Essen this year or next), so I hope it doesn't take me three hours of waiting!

Spiel on,

Stephen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.