Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A brand new year brings along a brand new math trade with it. Here is your perfect opportunity to trade away all the crappy games you just received for X-Mas as well as the mountain of games sitting in the corner collecting dust.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2016 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2016 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Monday January 11th 11:00 PM EST to Tuesday January 19th 11:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Tuesday January 19th 11:00 AM EST to Thursday January 21st 9:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Tuesday, January 19th, 11:00 AM EST
Deadline-Wants: Thursday, January 21st, 9:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/203468-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/203468-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh. I'd love to take part, but I won't be near my collection again until about late March cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure there will be another one in the spring.

Eeeville wrote:
Ugh. I'd love to take part, but I won't be near my collection again until about late March cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean restall
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know, it's showing up as a No-Shipping Math Trade on the OLWLG

edit: actually it seems like it's on my end. Anyone else ever had this situation? On the OLWLG it's only showing up on the No-Shipping list and the trade only has 1 item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Munro
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
Cherchez la Femme
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm thinking of listing a few things in this math trade, but it will be my first time.

What's the best way for shipping stuff? If I go to Canada post with my game boxes, will they be able to charge me for a package that will be the right size and keep them protected, or do I need to find a way to box it up myself first and then just go to Canada Post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Frothingslosh
Canada
Caledon
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nikita42 wrote:
So I'm thinking of listing a few things in this math trade, but it will be my first time.

What's the best way for shipping stuff? If I go to Canada post with my game boxes, will they be able to charge me for a package that will be the right size and keep them protected, or do I need to find a way to box it up myself first and then just go to Canada Post?

Box 'em up at home and then take them to Canada Post.

This way you can safely prepare the games for transport. Stuff the cardboard box with newspaper, bubble wrap or such.

If you need cardboard boxes, grocery stores or LCBO are pretty good places to grab a couple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for not always updating my items with language and edition. I will finish editing them tonight when I get home for the ones I don't remember the edition. It's been a while since doing this so I guess I was in too much of a hurry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Merguez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
A suggestion about rule point #2 :

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

From the point of view of sales on the geek market, i totally understand it, seller pay the fee. make senses, perfectly fine.

Yet in the context of a math trade with (often heavy) shipping cost paid by the sender versus a gift certificate having zero shipping cost whatsoever : ** Wouldn't it make sense to have the BUYER (the guy sending the GC) pay the BGG fee ? **

as a side note, i've always found it a little unfair that GC traders (myself included) didn't have any shipping fees, they have a better position in math trades. (game traders start at around $15 loss and a gift certificate trader starts at 0 $)

anyway, that was my two cents for today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in agreement with you, but I'm not the one that made the rules. If you check out the link I posted, it was Octavian that made and is enforcing the rule.

Once you subtract the 3% fee plus the $15 (or so) for shipping, you'll need to decide for yourself whether a posted GC is worth adding to your wantlist or not.

Jonny_Lenny wrote:

From the point of view of sales on the geek market, i totally understand it, seller pay the fee. make senses, perfectly fine.

Yet in the context of a math trade with (often heavy) shipping cost paid by the sender versus a gift certificate having zero shipping cost whatsoever : ** Wouldn't it make sense to have the BUYER (the guy sending the GC) pay the BGG fee ? **

as a side note, i've always found it a little unfair that GC traders (myself included) didn't have any shipping fees, they have a better position in math trades. (game traders start at around $15 loss and a gift certificate trader starts at 0 $)

anyway, that was my two cents for today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny_Lenny wrote:

This doesn't make sense because everyone is free to value a GC any way they want. If I'm putting it against an item that I know will cost me $15 to ship, a $30 GC is only worth $15 to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slinkydink wrote:
Jonny_Lenny wrote:

This doesn't make sense because everyone is free to value a GC any way they want. If I'm putting it against an item that I know will cost me $15 to ship, a $30 GC is only worth $15 to me.

Exactly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Demski
Canada
Stony Mountain
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One way to potentially get around the shipping cost is to offer a game that can be shipped for free from Amazon. If there is a particular sought after, out of print, or rare game put up for trade that you are interested in, you could always list a brand new copy of something in stock on Amazon. If the trade goes through, simply have Amazon send the game to the recipient. Free shipping with Prime, or for standard purchases above $25.

Is there any rule against doing this? Obviously, there is a tiny bit of risk that Amazon sells out, but this scenario is unlikely in the time frame associated with this Math Trade if it's something stocked by Amazon themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
You are responsible for listing your game accurately and getting that game to your target in the condition that was described (or better I guess). Apart from that, you are free of delivering it in any way that you see fit or is agreed upon by your target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Merguez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
slinkydink wrote:
Jonny_Lenny wrote:

and you won't trade it because i (and many others) won't trade with you. Why would someone pay a 15 $ game 30 $ ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
A "$30 game" isn't a "$30 game" in everyone's eyes. Believe it or not but GC tend to trade fairly well, even in shipping trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Merguez
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mb
slinkydink wrote:
A "$30 game" isn't a "$30 game" in everyone's eyes. Believe it or not but GC tend to trade fairly well, even in shipping trades.

Indeed, many GC trades in every MT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me or is the Trade gateway down?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not just you. Hope it gets fixed soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's been down since this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for checking

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's working again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jonny_Lenny wrote:

From a flow of money perspective, maybe, but from a business (and tax) perspective, absolutely not. The one sending out the game in return for cash/g.c. is the one making a sale, who should be responsible for remitting the transaction fee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone please clarify why "cash offerings" are not permitted in the trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.