mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's show 11 of Into the Gamescape!

This time we start with a bit of a ramble about the games we've been playing recently and respond to some feedback (more please!). We then talk about our experiences of playing games on BrettSpielWelt before rounding off the show by chatting with our first Gamescape Guest, Robert Wesley aka
yukGROGnads robot.

Hope you enjoy it - let us know what you think!

You can get the show at

http://www.thegamescape.co.uk/?p=129

or by subscribing to it at iTunes

http://www.thegamescape.co.uk/?cat=15
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
oh, and IF I were a "tree" then I'd much prefer to BE a "coconut" kind, as they can then become quite the 'dangerous' variety, what with their 'droppings' of these, or being "swallow laden" sorts and the like!
cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will (JR) Todd
United States
Clearwater
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GROGnads wrote:
"swallow laden" sorts and the like!
cool

African or European?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zopper Alf
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that was intersting and frightening at the same time - I missed the emoticons when Robert speaked
Thanks for the nice podcast.
Simon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Rasmussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was one of the best so far Mike!

I really liked the many different segments.. and the nice relaxed tone that you manage to bring forward in every episode...

Also that you are not afraid to go into wargaming a bit is something I really appreciate.. Only point2point is doing that also at the moment..

Hope the diplomacy game will work out and look forward to hearing more about it in future episodes..

And DO give us more interviews like the one with Robert

Overall: Superb!!

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Resch
Austria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Mike!

What a great idea to get Robert on the show. If my firewall at the office would not prevent me from downloading the show, I'd listen to it right now. Let's see if Robert talks as weird as he types ...

Thanks for doing an interesting show like that.

Take care ... Andreas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Davis
Australia
Canberra
flag msg tools
Gday,

Today was the first podcast I listened to. I really enjoyed it. It is entertaining. The accents only go to make it more casual which is a great thing.

I was especially excited and curious to hear my friend robert talk. Much easier to understand compared to trying to decipher some of his posts on here To me he sounds quite alot like Dave Mustaine.

You now have a new fan for your podcast well done

James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You probably know this, but your show is listed under the Video Game category in ITunes.

Look forward to checking out your podcast!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michel Fortin
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good show; although one of Robert's comment made me cringe a bit. I am no Napoleon expert but it is my understanding that his goal was not to be the world's emperor. As far as I know, he was a driving force in concluding peace treaties with all France's neighbors and never broke any of them.

On the other hand, the neighbors (the coalition) hated the man, the political power of France, its newly expanded territories (from France point of view, liberated from Austrians and the like) and the fact that the revolution spawn such a great success.

Naturally, the coalition was enthusiastically depicting Napoleon as an absolute dictator and they ultimately won the war, so...

This being a thread on a podcast, here is one supporting this "analysis".

Napoleon 101 : http://napoleon.thepodcastnetwork.com/

And I think that Bob is also supporting this idea although he hasn't reached this period yet (but he's close).

History according to Bob : http://www.summahistorica.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Who put old pigweed In the mulligan stew?
badge
Trusted Friend
mbmbmbmbmb
Great show guys. I have to say that listening to Robert was exactly like reading his posts. I laughed. I cried. I asked myself, "What the hell did he just say?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald M. Zabos
Germany
Frankfurt
Hessen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great show, Mike !
I was listening to it this morning on the subway.
GROGnads was also very interesting to listen to. The sound quality was a bit poor, maybe you should work on that, but overall rating is a straight 9 of 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Seddon
United Kingdom
Congleton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic to hear Grogs!

Great show guys - I really enjoyed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
fortinm wrote:
Good show; although one of Robert's comment made me cringe a bit. I am no Napoleon expert but it is my understanding that his goal was not to be the world's emperor. As far as I know, he was a driving force in concluding peace treaties with all France's neighbors and never broke any of them.
While yes, HE needed to conclude "treaties", in order to move along onto other 'conquests'!

fortinm wrote:
On the other hand, the neighbors (the coalition) hated the man, the political power of France, its newly expanded territories (from France point of view, liberated from Austrians and the like) and the fact that the revolution spawn such a great success.
True, since the "Revolution" had the tendency to overthrow the oppressive regimes then in place, and replace those with yet another 'kind'.

fortinm wrote:
Naturally, the coalition was enthusiastically depicting Napoleon as an absolute dictator and they ultimately won the war, so...

This being a thread on a podcast, here is one supporting this "analysis".

Napoleon 101 : http://napoleon.thepodcastnetwork.com/

And I think that Bob is also supporting this idea although he hasn't reached this period yet (but he's close).

History according to Bob : http://www.summahistorica.com/
Don't forget, that ole "Nappy" had his "Egyptian Expedition" and then from there, unto "the Levant", from where that region became a 'satrap' sort until when did this 'occupation' "end"? Then there's the little 'matter' of the "Jewel of the Sub-continent with INDIA"! Were he to have as bold of 'ambitions' as "Alexander the Great", then I suppose that he'd have headed in that direction. While had he NOT already "sold" off the "Louisiana Purchase", then I'd imagine that HE would have descended upon there to take UP where HE couldn't 'finish', just WHAT had been going on in "Europe"! I'd also firmly believe that despite having done this, then some concocted 'excuse' would have been "given" to HAVE that returned, in order for him to pursue his 'dreams' Hey! there's a contrived "what if" were I to ever 'hear' of such!
"Napoleon in North America!"
laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.