Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leftovers for the just ended Winter Canadian math trade. Take note of the short submission periods.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade Geeklist: Canadian Math Trade - Winter 2016 Leftovers

Request GeekList: N/A (use the Discussion Thread)

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Friday January 22nd 1:00 AM EST to Sunday January 24th 11:00 AM EST

Want List Submissions: Sunday January 24th 11:00 AM EST to Monday January 25th 11:00 PM EST

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. Shipping - You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help:
http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 (with duplicate protection) SEED=1234567, ITERATIONS=1000

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, January 24th, 11:00 AM EST
Deadline-Wants: Monday, January 25th, 11:00 PM EST
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results (OLWLG) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Results (TXT) = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/204022-results-official.tx...

Wants = http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/204022-officialwants.txt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running the regular trade and this leftovers trade, Ox. It's greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Snell
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first leftovers trade. Am I allowed to list new items that weren't in the prior main math trade? Or can I only list what I had in the main trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
entica wrote:
This is my first leftovers trade. Am I allowed to list new items that weren't in the prior main math trade?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think you will ever switch to Abecorn? I find that so much easier to use.

Thanks,
ML
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not unless I see a drastic reason to do so. Right now the OLWLG seems to still be the preferred math trade interface here on BGG.

mancora wrote:
Do you think you will ever switch to Abecorn? I find that so much easier to use.

Thanks,
ML
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Larsen
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
Not unless I see a drastic reason to do so. Right now the OLWLG seems to still be the preferred math trade interface here on BGG.

Thanks you for this. I really didn't like Abecorn the one time I used it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're done. Wantlist submission period is now open. Deadline is Monday January 25th at 11:00 PM EST.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
95% submitted in time.

Good job all. Hopefully this leftovers trade will generate a few trades for us meeples!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And we're done. Link to results posted. Thanks to all the participants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn. No trades this time. Still, thanks for running it again, Ox!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Snell
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, only 20 games traded out of 559 total games. Dismal. Is this a typical result for leftover trades? If so, pretty much not worth the effort or time.

Thanks anyway Cannibal for putting this together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cliff Riseborough
Canada
Leduc
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entica wrote:
Wow, only 20 games traded out of 559 total games. Dismal. Is this a typical result for leftover trades? If so, pretty much not worth the effort or time.

Thanks anyway Cannibal for putting this together.

I have gotten multiple trades in Leftovers before, but it's rare. People (myself included) tend to really narrow down their wants when it comes to leftovers trades.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone still wants to trade with me feel free to GM me. I'm always open to trading if it's reasonable.

Until next trade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually I'll get around 3-5 trades (10-20%) in the main trade, and 1 trade in the leftovers. These results feel pretty typical.

I've noticed that leftover trades (and regular math trades) work a lot better in no-ship math trades in terms of trade percentages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob B
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shooshoo wrote:
If anyone still wants to trade with me feel free to GM me. I'm always open to trading if it's reasonable.

Well I'm shipping a game to you anyways....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was probably the last time for me running a leftovers trade. Totally not worth the time and effort as far as I'm concerned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dewald van der Merwe
Canada
Kamloops
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, It doesn't seem to be doing very well at all. Maybe it's just the small window for posting games and submitting want lists? Maybe people just aren't diligent enough to get it done in that time frame? But I agree if it is taking too much time with not a lot of results then you shouldn't be wasting time on it (which is sad for me)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly more frequent normal Canadian Math Trades?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drach
Canada
Kamloops
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and my one trade wasn't suppose to happen..I changed my want list but forgot to hit submit...sheesh what a dummy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't say it's the shorter time frame. If you take a look at everyone's wantlists you'll see that in pretty much every leftovers trade there's always a group of 5-10 highly wanted items and pretty much everything else posted in the trade is unwanted. Those 5-10 in demand games usually end up submitting empty wants themselves and at the end we end up with a handful of piddly trades.

dewaldjohann wrote:
Yeah, It doesn't seem to be doing very well at all. Maybe it's just the small window for posting games and submitting want lists? Maybe people just aren't diligent enough to get it done in that time frame? But I agree if it is taking too much time with not a lot of results then you shouldn't be wasting time on it (which is sad for me)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think it's more of an "all the highly tradeable stuff has been traded" situation.

In order to get any trades in a leftovers trade, there have to be wants that weren't in the original trade, otherwise the trades would have been made in the first place. This means either loosening up the want lists (because you realize your stuff isn't as desirable as you hoped, or you really want to make a trade because you didn't in the main trade), or additional items that weren't listed in the main trade.

I didn't get any trades in either trade, but I'm OK with that: Still working through a few newer games, and shipping costs are always a consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory Gilliland
Canada
TOronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
crazy,

I usually open my trade right up for the leftover. last ditch effort to get a trade going. i didn't know people narrow down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.