Alex N
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the new board with the spaces reserved for the various card chits. I wouldn't mind it either if GMT sold the newly designed cards separately. Do you think both would be possible?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say; it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
mbmbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:
I love the new board with the spaces reserved for the various card chits. I wouldn't mind it either if GMT sold the newly designed cards separately. Do you think both would be possible?

The card and map redesign was advertised as specific to this edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bindlestick Bindlestick
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chiefsachem wrote:

That is exactly what I would like as well. However so far GMT is saying they will not sell them separately. Which is a shame; this board is quite a bit better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent Review Roger, but I am far more critical of the game than you are vs some of the components:

The "Card sleeves" smell bad and are too thick, not really sleeves, I'll use Ultra-Pro sleeves instead.

The rulebook is printed on paper of lower quality paper compared to the other editions.

The red and blue wood blocks are AWFUL: it's very hard to read the numbers on these. The stars should have been printed in white and yellow instead of the silver and gold (under most lightning conditions these starts come up too dark and you can't see the numbers), and what is worse, you need small wooden cubes to indicate Full Control (!), with the old counters you just flipped them over. I will perhaps "pimp out" the cubes by sticking in small USA/USSR flags on them, but I might just use my old edition counters instead (mine are double-thick anyway).

The plastic bits included were damaged on arrival (both tank guns broken!).

The event cards are very nice and I prefer them over the ones in the Old Version.

The map is great! But I did prefer the way it folded in the deluxe edition.

The wood box is very nice, too.

Conclusion: I am a bit disappointed with the product, most especially the wooden counters. I had known I would not have bought this. A LOT of money for little return.
Edit: But I'll make the best of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Brown
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really want the CE version now, but no way in hell will pay the ebay prices. Those are insane, but is a supply and demand thing and understand. Hope they still have tons of copies to sell when they get around to it.
Thanks for the review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |