tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reimer
Germany
Swisttal
Deutschland
flag msg tools
This is the first game I will support on KS.

It is such a great game, extremely thematic and such a smooth gameplay.

Hoping for lots of more expansions.

To stretch goals:

Some are called "kickstarter exclusive" but they will be available in there online store in limited numbers ... At least that is how I read it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Badigel wrote:
Are the stretch goals KS exclusive?
Uhm, only the ones marked as 'Kickstarter Exclusive'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That KS page needs so much more information.
Is Climate compatible with Flight?
What about shipping for addons? Does it stay the same for up to 3/4 copies or is calculated for each.

But overall looks good. They have reduced shipping in Europe enough to make me strogly consider backing this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Jackson
Australia
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Really unsure if I am better off getting this or going for the base set to leave the options open for the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Reimer
Germany
Swisttal
Deutschland
flag msg tools
Evolution: Climate actually IS a base game that can be combined with the Flight expansion OR the Climate expansion.

Any forthcoming expansion is going to be compatible with ONLY the base game as they said somewhere else in this forum I think.

So Climate is the better starting point for an Evolution collection then the base game would be.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Roza
Netherlands
flag msg tools
SamThe2Can wrote:
Really unsure if I am better off getting this or going for the base set to leave the options open for the expansions.

It is my understanding that the standalone option includes the base game as well as everything you need for the Climate Expansion.

I have been part of the beta testing and the new Climate additions were very easy to add to the base game. You can even choose to only add the climate trait cards at first for extra tactics and decide to add the climate events to your next play for more variety. It scales very well that way.

In short the Climate box contains contains amazing variety and I would always advise getting that above the regular game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No rulebook yet, or did I miss it on the page?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
They have reduced shipping in Europe enough to make me strogly consider backing this
Sadly, it'll be over the UK's £15 trigger level for VAT, so it'll be $30 + VAT + "handling fee", so about £35 for the upgraded kit, or $60 + VAT + "handling fee" - about £60. Man, I wish they shipped from the EU!

I'm in at the moment, but £35 is a lot for the conversion kit and a few KS exclusives that aren't necessary/important for gameplay (else they would be in the game). For reference, the base game is £40 delivered in UK.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
hybry wrote:
They have reduced shipping in Europe enough to make me strogly consider backing this
Sadly, it'll be over the UK's £15 trigger level for VAT, so it'll be $30 + VAT + "handling fee", so about £35 for the upgraded kit, or $60 + VAT + "handling fee" - about £60. Man, I wish they shipped from the EU!

I'm in at the moment, but £35 is a lot for the conversion kit and a few KS exclusives that aren't necessary/important for gameplay (else they would be in the game). For reference, the base game is £40 delivered in UK.

Well that is another lack of KS page. It does have EU friendly shipping logo, so VAT and handling fees should not be relevant (you shouldn't pay them), but it doens't confirm any of this in the main page, so is t really EU friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior A
France
flag msg tools
tmgergo wrote:
Badigel wrote:
Are the stretch goals KS exclusive?
Uhm, only the ones marked as 'Kickstarter Exclusive'.

Any idea about the "Oversized Scenario Cards" how much bigger than the non KS ones?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And one can always add on the 2nd edition base game cards and rulebook, for $6 usa if wanted, to make sorting things out easier when switching expansions. But it's not necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hybry wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
hybry wrote:

Well that is another lack of KS page. It does have EU friendly shipping logo, so VAT and handling fees should not be relevant (you shouldn't pay them), but it doens't confirm any of this in the main page, so is t really EU friendly.
Wow! I didn't spot the "EU friendly" badge - it's normally a bit more conspicuous! I just checked the KS for "Flight" and that shipped from inside the EU, so I expect that they'll use the same distribution system. Actually, looking at EU shipping costs, it looks as though they are probably shipping from a UK distribution centre. Oh man, now I am totally stoked! I might have to grab some addons
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I'm lucky that I live close to the border; $20 USD for shipping to Canada would be a deal-breaker otherwise. And that's even after North Star discounts the shipping.

With the dollar where it is right now, Canadians are looking at around $63 CAD for the conversion box, and around $105 for the stand-alone game (assuming the dollar doesn't fluctuate too much, which is a risky assumption). Wow again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Punter
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swheelock wrote:
Wow. I'm lucky that I live close to the border; $20 USD for shipping to Canada would be a deal-breaker otherwise. And that's even after North Star discounts the shipping.

With the dollar where it is right now, Canadians are looking at around $63 CAD for the conversion box, and around $105 for the stand-alone game (assuming the dollar doesn't fluctuate too much, which is a risky assumption). Wow again.

Woohoo - KS is live, popped up in my feed this morning. Easy auto back for me. So without reading the details too much I click to back.

$20 shipping to Canada surprise gulp shake soblue

Guess I'm not backing as that's crazy ridiculous and so I head to the forums to cry/whine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott C.
United States
Puyallup
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Backed! I have never played this game but the reviews and everyone here on BGG has been enough hype for me to back. The stand alone game and expansion for $55.00 is a solid deal!

Can't wait to try this out when it ships hopefully in August.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Holmes
Canada
Caledonia
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand why shipping is so high to Canada but it kills the Kickstarter for me as well, especially with the state of our dollar. I would basically end up paying double (or more?) of what I would at retail.

I wonder if they shipped the games to somewhere like Snakes and Lattes like other Kickstarter games have done and had them handle the shipping inside Canada if that would reduce the price? Maybe they already are doing something like that though, I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
I have the base game + flight, but it might be worth getting climate + base since they can't be played together anyway.

hmm.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, this page is confusing as hell.

So there's Evolution, Evolution Flight, Evolution Second Edition and Evolution Climate? And Flight only works with Evolution 1st Edition and not with Climate? And the 55$ pledge is Evolution 2nd + Climate? Is that right?

Also, no picture of the actual game is a HUGE red flag, get one up there ASAP
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Vanden Heuvel
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Gaamessz... need more Gaammesz...
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds about right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dodson
United Kingdom
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
hybry wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
hybry wrote:

Wow! I didn't spot the "EU friendly" badge - it's normally a bit more conspicuous! I just checked the KS for "Flight" and that shipped from inside the EU, so I expect that they'll use the same distribution system. Actually, looking at EU shipping costs, it looks as though they are probably shipping from a UK distribution centre. Oh man, now I am totally stoked! I might have to grab some addons

I asked this morning to double check and they've updated the Kickstarter page, in the shipping section "Shipping is EU friendly and won't incur VAT/import duties"

/edit ....and it's funded! Congrats to the Evolution team!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
APK
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
It's not a box, it's a...
badge
mbmbmb
DaveNewcastle wrote:
....and it's funded! Congrats to the Evolution team!

Wow. Fully funded in less than 10 hours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David A
United States
Yorktown
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrroza wrote:
It is my understanding that the standalone option includes the base game as well as everything you need for the Climate Expansion.

Not sure if I’m reading this right or not, but to clarify: the Stand-alone game is just that – it is Stand-Alone. Everything needed to play is included. It’s not the Base Game plus the expansion. There will be some similarities and carry-overs from the Base Game, but Climate will be fully self-contained.

Magic Pink wrote:
So there's Evolution, Evolution Flight, Evolution Second Edition and Evolution Climate?

Kind of. Yes, there’s Evolution (1st edition), but that is now defunct, having been replaced by Second Edition. Climate is going to be a stand-alone game using the Evolution game engine.

Magic Pink wrote:
And Flight only works with Evolution 1st Edition and not with Climate?

Partially true. Where you’re mistaken is that while Flight can work with 1st Edition, it is better suited for (made for) 2nd Edition. Again, Climate will be a stand-alone game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J
United States
Waterville
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
I just checked the KS for "Flight" and that shipped from inside the EU, so I expect that they'll use the same distribution system. Actually, looking at EU shipping costs, it looks as though they are probably shipping from a UK distribution centre.

They specifically say that they have switched to a single worldwide distributor; this is different from last time. This is an attempt to reduce/eliminate delays and lost/damaged product to non-US locations. Granted, this is stated very far down on the page, and the page is apparently evolving (ahem) this morning as we speak. But this also may explain the higher cost of shipping to some locations.

I am 99% sure I will back; I participated last time and had excellent results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.