Popular Tags: [View All]
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been following this rumor for several months on dakka's forums. The rumor is supposed to be strongly confirmed with some retailers listing the game in their upcoming product sections. Apparently GW have another board game in the 40k universe set for release this year. Here's hoping it uses the BaC rules engine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome! I hope it's true! Could you provide a link to what you think are the best rumors?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Vranes
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seconded! Where did you hear about that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mbmb
I think he's talking about this thread (or this is the one I've been following anyway!)

http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/671862.page

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
United States
Boulder
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, thank you!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dakka thread goes on for 7 pages about Deathwatch and Genestealer Cult rumors.

I'll believe ANY rumor that involves GW selling ever more Space Marines.

Genestealer Cult rumors? Yeah, right. Fool me five times, shame on you. Fool me again, "OMG! Do you think they'll make a come back this time? With a limo!"

Darn! I think I soiled myself just a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric hess
United States
La Selva Beach (Santa Cruz)
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genestealers in limos. Wow, that takes me back. What a magical time that was!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Arnold

Fairfax
Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If GW can make a profit (and a large profit margin at that), we'll see it. But I won't hold my breath. I'm not getting rid of my Magus just yet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Game is supposed to be available for pre-order next weekend.
Here's the video teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=dWlZUaxNPW8

Rumors suggest that proper pictures of the components will be released early next week. Still hoping this uses the BaC engine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Powered only by Internet rumors, I offer the following speculation.

Rumor has it a second Betrayal at Calth game comes out later in the year. With more, unique HH era models.

Deathwatch Overkill contains 10 DW marines who are each characters in RPG supplements (I think they are from the RPG). That would not point to BaC's unit scale game play. That sounds more like individuals than squads/units. But, who knows?

Some think a Space Hulk expansion, but I also have problems with the details of that. Expansion of an out of production game doesn't sound like a crowdpleaser for everyone, and SH is not optimized for power armor, shooting bad guys, and unique individuals. My uneducated guess is an Assassinorum type game.

In any case..YEAH!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I heard about another HH era board game so hopefully it will be BaC rules and compatible tiles. I don't know what they could produce that would be as cool as BaC model-wise but I'm willing to keep an open mind

Even if this is more individualized, BaC already allows for one model units so I'm still holding out hope that they'll re-use the mechanics.

But, like you, I'm just kind of stoked that they seem to be putting out pretty decent board game type releases.

EDIT: Rumored price is $165 for this set. Hoping it has a lot of board game goodness AND a LOT of cool minis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Prices are all guess work at the moment, £100/$165 U.S/€135 are what are been put out but no idea.

Haven't seen any other content shown yet, Genestealers look great, marines look fine. So no idea if the cardboard will be usable with any of the other games released. No idea on rules yet either.

I just received my Calth tile set and cards game bits today so going to have a look through at the rules. I gave u on GW a while back but if the ruleset shines I'll pick up the deathwatch/stealer game, shame the board game will lack reviews for a while due to GW secrecy.

Well that looks splendid, tiles set looks square but I'm sure that'll be easily worked around. I still hope they'll be a patriarch in the old art sense from what I remember, chap sitting on a throne.

And finally courtesy of Dakka Dakka-

Full content of the box (for 100 pounds/165us dollars):
11 Deathwatch models
1 Genestealer Magus
1 Primus
4 Aberrants
2 Genestealers
2 Familiars
28 Hybrids
Patriarch
Rulebook
8 doublesided board tiles
44 cards
ruler and 6 dice

I don't remember the old lore but hoping the Primus is the chap in the throne if the Patriarch is the large stealer hybrid.

Shiny picture.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if this is a limited run like Space Hulk 3rd/4th was?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
Between this, the previous board games, and Battle for Vedros providing a new "in" to 40K for younger players, I think Games Workshop are really starting to do some good things to revive and refresh their hobby. It's all very exciting, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General_Warhammer wrote:

I think you can safely assume two things:
1) Every GW boardgame has a limited run.
2) I own or will own every damn GW 40K boardgame (and am always ready to play them, if you can find time to drop by and play).

I also think the pictures and descriptions point more to this having more in common with Assassinorum: Execution Force than BaC or Space Hulk.

The Genestealer Cult models and descriptions are amazing and inspiring! It looks like they intelligently refined the entire concept of the GSC.

Now, as someone who has a 25 year-old Genestealer Cult army in a dusty box in the back of a closet, this will cause much financial soul-searching. Buy the box, or just the cardboard bits on ebay? Dammit GW, get away from my wallet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The units and that magazine photo at the bottom sure make it look like a reskin of Space Hulk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Lindum Colonia
Flavia Caesariensis
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well it is expensive and breaking it down it still is expensive, I missed the early Rogue Trader days but the Stealer Cult was always some of my favorite art work, the range ruler reminds me a little of the blood bowl range ruler. Hoping the ruleset is good, maybe even some basic campaign stuff would be interesting.

I was hoping for this but everything else is spot on the stealers look great, good idea by GW, see if the trend continues with the new 30K game coming later this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
The units and that magazine photo at the bottom sure make it look like a reskin of Space Hulk.

That photo is a late addition. That looks nothing like Space Hulk, and a lot like Execution Force Gone Wild!

eindatadog wrote:
Well it is expensive and breaking it down it still is expensive, I missed the early Rogue Trader days but the Stealer Cult was always some of my favorite art work, the range ruler reminds me a little of the blood bowl range ruler. Hoping the ruleset is good, maybe even some basic campaign stuff would be interesting.

I was hoping for this but everything else is spot on the stealers look great, good idea by GW, see if the trend continues with the new 30K game coming later this year.

If there was one thing severely wrong with the original late 1980's RT GSC, it was the portrayal of pure Galactic Evil as a corpulent, blinged-out, fatcat robber-baron Patriarch, surrounded by yes-men sycophants (with a limousine, no less!). It was a joke like the biker gang Squats and the 'Nuns with Guns' Sisters of Battle. And, like the latter two, set the concept back by decades. Be careful what you wish for!

Oh, and All Hail eindatadog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin O'Mara
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
That photo is a late addition. That looks nothing like Space Hulk, and a lot like Execution Force Gone Wild!

What do you mean late addition? That picture is from page 42 of the Space Hulk Campaigns book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
General_Warhammer wrote:

I think you can safely assume two things:
1) Every GW boardgame has a limited run.
2) I own or will own every damn GW 40K boardgame (and am always ready to play them, if you can find time to drop by and play).

I also think the pictures and descriptions point more to this having more in common with Assassinorum: Execution Force than BaC or Space Hulk.

The Genestealer Cult models and descriptions are amazing and inspiring! It looks like they intelligently refined the entire concept of the GSC.

Now, as someone who has a 25 year-old Genestealer Cult army in a dusty box in the back of a closet, this will cause much financial soul-searching. Buy the box, or just the cardboard bits on ebay? Dammit GW, get away from my wallet!

Insta-buy-buy for me. The new models are beautiful.

I'm hoping this will be an adaptation of the Deathwatch: Tyranid Invasion game developed by Rodeo Games for iOS/PC.

4AP per model.
360° LOS (90° in Overwatch)
Firing a weapon = 1AP
Heavy weapon = 2AP
Move = 1AP per grid square (can move diagonal)
Melee = 1AP (can attack diagonal)
Heavy Melee (Power Fist) = 2AP

Crossing my fingers for a campaign system with leveling-up (but doubting it).
The extra cards could either be more model profile/stat cards (likely), or MAYBE an event deck (a la Doom or Warhammer Quest) with events, new enemy spawn/placement.

So excited! And releases on my birthday...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
General_Warhammer wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:

What do you mean late addition? That picture is from page 42 of the Space Hulk Campaigns book.

I think he was referring to the final image of the two-page spread in the original post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanruhe wrote:

The extra cards could either be more model profile/stat cards (likely), or MAYBE an event deck (a la Doom or Warhammer Quest) with events, new enemy spawn/placement.

Well, the magazine article says there is a deck of 30 brood mind cards (and 14 character cards).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Ruhe
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
bryanruhe wrote:

Well, the magazine article says there is a deck of 30 brood mind cards (and 14 character cards).

"Brood Mind Cards" is nice and ambiguous. Sounds like an event deck to me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanruhe wrote:
General_Warhammer wrote:
ZombieMark wrote:

I think he was referring to the final image of the two-page spread in the original post.

It's OK, I got this. I know him, he's a Physics Major.

This picture:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanruhe wrote:
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
bryanruhe wrote:

"Brood Mind Cards" is nice and ambiguous. Sounds like an event deck to me!

I'm imagining it will be more dirty tricks and tactics for the bad guys to play - something like the command cards in Calth, maybe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.