Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Delia Keetman
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Block it! is partly based on luck, for you have to roll the dice to make your turn. Therefore it is very suitable for children, because everyone has a chance to win. But the author, Hans van Tol, came up with some new rules, especially for 2 players.

Now the great possibilities of this game come clear.
First the board is set up by placing the pieces on the board, just like in the basic game. But instead of a dice, every player gets 7 cards, containing the six sides of the dice and 1 questionmark. The cards are open in front of you. Every turn you choose one of your cards and make the move shown on the card. Then you put it aside, and your opponent chooses and plays. Now you can only choose from the cards you still have left, so you have to plan ahead! Only when you play the "take a block" card, you play another card. After playing your last card, you get back your seven cards again.

Luck is totally banished now, and what is left is a great abstract game. Though it looks very easy, it will take a lot of practice before you understand the importance of proper placing of the pieces and planning your turns carefully.

I recommend this game for all ages:
Children will enjoy the colorful looks and easy rules.
Adults get an abstract game, hard to fully understand, but very interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Haffner
France
Sologny
Saône-et-Loire - Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to try these rules but... what is the function of the tile with the questionmark?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Delia Keetman
Netherlands
Heerhugowaard
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Questionmark is like a joker, you can use it for whatever move you want.
That is what I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls