Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul McKenzie
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it last night. It made me think of Fleet, a engine-building vp race with multiuse cards. I liked it and would say there's a place for it in a collection as long as you know what you are getting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amit Arnon
Israel
Tel-Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
larienna wrote:
Quote:
I for one always considered Eclipse being the boardgame version of MOO...

I also thought the same thing before playing the actual game to realised it's just an euro resource management game that ends before the action starts.

I'll take a look at impulse. Could be interesting.

I see your point, but the action could start on turn two, if the players want it to.

Remember, that MoO2 was very much about resource management.

Nah, moo2 the board game is definitely TI. Especially with the distant suns expansion. It even has Doom stars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically, yes Moo is closer to twilight imperium, mechanically no.

I would like to love TI+3, but the large amount of inconsistencies, and abstract mechanics makes me hate it.

Eclipse had a good start with ship design and population managagement, but ship design ended up broken, and it was more an euro VP based game.

Both games also have the property of being boring to play (no addictiveness like moo) and ends abruptly and artificially.

So there is currently no board game that simulate moo accurately, and I don't think there will ever be one.

By the way, I just recently acquired the new MOO video game from steam since it was on sale, and the game is relatively good. Much better than I expected. Don't know why the reviews are mixed for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.