Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: breaking_news [+] [View All]
Matt S
United States
Granby
CT
flag msg tools
mbmb
I called it. Game play was posted by BGG and it looks like complete crap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Sweek

Oregon
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MattSec wrote:
Why does it look like "crap"? What are the issues with the gameplay?

Watching the video the biggest issue is that the person representing it knows nothing about Masters of Orion. Although for most board gamers that will be fine, let them know how to play... for a group of gamers, it is a horrible way to present it.

Having played the game, I really enjoy it. So far no two games have been the same when we've played. In the spirit and core part of the MOO works well with how it was abstracted and done, without creating a lot of unnecessary things in a board game. It isn't a 1:1 copy, which I wouldn't have wanted... if a board game is a 1:1 version, then why play the game at all, just play the computer game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugen Bacic
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MattSec wrote:

Vasel just reviewed it and put it into his collection. So, he considers it a great game.

I'm awaiting more reviews but it looks intriguing as a light version of RftG that can be quickly picked up and played in under an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Faber
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It looks like whether people like this game may come down to expectations. If they're look for that MOO2/MOO3 4x experience, they may hate it, because it's not that.

If they're looking for a nice Race for the Galaxy style card game without the confusing iconography, this might do the trick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.