BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Game shops in Brussels, Belgium rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.... WHAT?! WHAT?! What?!
badge
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everybody,

I'm new in town and would like to find a shop in Brussels, where I'm able to find some decent games. I've been to some "game shops" here already, but their selection of games was rather limited. They didn't even have Monopoly, which says a lot about the variety of the shops, I think. (Not that I would buy it, though)

There is a birthday of a friend coming up on Saturday, and I thought of buying him Carcassonne or something like it. So, if any of you has an idea where to buy it, I would be very grateful.

Thanks, I hope someone can help (and this is the right forum).

BTW, if you need an additional man for your gaming group in Brussels, feel free to drop me a geekmail.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
I visited www.dedale.be whilst in Brussels on holiday last summer. It's not the biggest shop I've seen, but they has a pretty good selection of games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwen
Belgium
oost-vlaanderen
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You can take a look here too :

http://www.antre-jeux.be/antre_jeux_00.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Silver
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If only you had asked a good store in Gent
Sorry buddy, I don't know anything in Brussels. Is there an "Outpost" there? Those have a good range of boardgames. Also, Intertoys have quite a good selection for a store like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schlupp wrote:
They didn't even have Monopoly, which says a lot about the variety of the shops, I think. (Not that I would buy it, though)
I'd think that would say something positive about them

BTW, Dedale is a nice shop. I used to live in Brussels years ago, and always got my games there. I was there recently and saw that they have a nice selection of Euros and Abstracts. They also have a lot of puzzles of different types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep. Yep.... WHAT?! WHAT?! What?!
badge
The President has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the president?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everybody, I will give Dedale and Antre Jeux a try once I come out of the office. Which will probably be not before Saturday...

By the way, are games here generally in French? Or Dutch? Or even German? I guess the first one is correct.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dedale was where I used to go - though I see it's now the 'ancien magasin'!

They had a variety of languages - wargames in English, lots of French made games and a good range of German games but very few in Dutch - the only one I rememember seing was Settlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls