Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is for discussion of the UK Maths Trade LEFTOVERS February 2016.

Please ask as many questions as you like. PLease answer as many questions as you can.

And, hey, lets be careful out there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is so great! Thanks for doing this. I assume you'll be posting the date here so...subscribed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
Are you OK with people adding items that weren't in the previous trade and therefore aren't technically 'leftovers'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Bradford
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revgiblet wrote:
Are you OK with people adding items that weren't in the previous trade and therefore aren't technically 'leftovers'?
I hope so, I missed the last trade so have some items to add to this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Diito - I had a clearout a day after the last deadline
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Clockpunk wrote:
Now you can put that Burgle Bros back in whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revgiblet wrote:
My opinion? New items can be listed and new participants are very welcome but the spirit of this trade is more for people just to relist items from the Fenb UK MT and be a bit more relaxed about what they might trade for.

But that's all it is: my opinion. It would be a PITA for the Moderator to police though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Butler
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
EmpressGeek wrote:
Clockpunk wrote:
Now you can put that Burgle Bros back in whistle
Hah, sorry - was sold just an hour after deciding 'I could probably live without this...' (a decision I am doubting a little, to be honest, despite getting the full price back - but I just have to try out Skyway Robbery first )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Webb
United Kingdom
Canterbury
Kent
flag msg tools
mb
Also, it might be worth putting a notice on the Maths Trade geeklist itself. There are probably people subscribed to the Geeklist but not the discussion thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
revgiblet wrote:
The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. After all, what could go wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
revgiblet wrote:
The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned. After all, what could go wrong?
Snort ....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan D
United Kingdom
North Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can i suggest maybe a no cash trade? since it is leftovers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jetpac wrote:
Can i suggest maybe a no cash trade? since it is leftovers?
I have leftover cash .... but actually I think that's a quite a good idea as a trial, although OTOH cash does lubricate the wheels.

I myself do not have a lot on my "wishlist" so I'm more likely to trade for cash than games. Folks looking to shed the load, so to speak, might be more than happy to trade for cash instead of games.

Is there a reason to exclude cash ? Is it a sense of sort of an 'unfairness' that folks offering cash seem to snap games up more easily than those offering games? That's detrimental to some, sure, but it's beneficial to the person trading away.

It seems to me, though, that Maths Trades are all about perceptions of value - if folks value cash more than games, you ahve to down value the games you're offering to compete with cash.

I'd really be interested to learn why folks think cash shouldn't be offered, or isn't all that desirable and how they think the MT will be better if cash is excluded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll up, roll up...

UK Maths Trade LEFTOVERS February 2016
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I think cash is very good for promos and smaller games and I suspect a fair few of the leftovers will be smaller games. I was actually planning on adding some cash offers for little things I didn't put as trade matches because I didn't have the right value game to trade for them. I know we had an issue with cash in the main trade, but hopefully the issue has put it fresh in peoples minds, so far less likely to happen this time arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Queen Games Lancaster Giveaway Contest participantMicrobadge: Queen Games "Urbanization" Contest participantMicrobadge: Ares Games "Age of Conan" Contest participantMicrobadge: Queen Games Kingdom Builder Giveaway Contest participantMicrobadge: Sirlin Games Yomi Contest participant
MLBath wrote:
This thread is for discussion of the UK Maths Trade LEFTOVERS February 2016.

And, hey, lets be careful out there!
Someone watched Hill Street Blues back in the day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Taylor
United Kingdom
FARINGDON
Oxfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know how long it takes for the list to appear in OLWLG? As I'd rather just copy my existing entries into the new list, which obviously requires OLWLG to see the list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:
Does anyone know how long it takes for the list to appear in OLWLG? As I'd rather just copy my existing entries into the new list, which obviously requires OLWLG to see the list.
I've emailed JeffyJeff, but I think he needs to do something himself to get it listed. If he's currently arranging a mortgage or having sexual encounters then it may be a while...

Will let you know when I know (unless I'm arranging a mortg...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
negatrev wrote:

Use this link: http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=2053...

It works for ANY 'destination' geeklist. Just replace the numbers after the ? with the destination Geeklist ID
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich baker
England
East Grinstead
flag msg tools
:-)
badge
get your mouse off my face!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice idea - I have taken part in a few math trades before but have not come across a leftover trade. Hope it goes well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
negatrev wrote:
I've emailed JeffyJeff, but I think he needs to do something himself to get it listed. If he's currently arranging a mortgage or having sexual encounters then it may be a while...

Will let you know when I know (unless I'm arranging a mortg...
Either you're incredibly quick at sorting out a mortgage, or you're a lot more attentive in the bedroom than I am!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Parker McParker
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
negatrev wrote:

It works for ANY 'destination' geeklist. Just replace the numbers after the ? with the destination Geeklist ID
Note that I can do this on Firefox but not on Microsoft Edge. Is there another Edge user who can confirm it doesn't work on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
Is there another Edge user
Probably not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MLBath wrote:
enoon wrote:
negatrev wrote:

Note that I can do this on Firefox but not on Microsoft Edge. Is there another Edge user who can confirm it doesn't work on that?
I tried to use Edge to add a game to an existing in-the-OLWLG trade, and it failed with that as well. I can confirm it works with Chrome though if that's any help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Holt
United Kingdom
Great Torrington
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
enoon wrote:
MLBath wrote:
Is there another Edge user
Probably not.
Only when searching for the msi for Firefox or chrome ;-)

*I'll head on back to 2005 where that joke came from.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [11] |