Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Episode # 88 has been posted...

http://www.funagain.com/control/viewblogpost?contentBlogPost...

In this episode, Sam discusses playing Marvel Heroes with his wife, and we discuss a recent gaming event. We start two new segments, "Ask Jed", and "72 Second reviews" by Eric Summerer. Moritz gives us another essay, and Mary provides a lot of news. We end out dice tower contest and start a new one for 24/7 and Incan Gold. Finally, Mike Hibbert provides us with a list of his top 10 games.

Top Ten list is here:

http://www.thedicetower.com/thedicetower/index.php?page=top_...

Enjoy!

Tom Vasel
"Real men play board games"
www.thedicetower.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
[Note to self] Must get iPod fixed, just came back from holidays and then iPod seized up - am falling way behind on Podcasts shake [/note to self]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill H
United States
Absecon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
"Shijuro" in Awatum (Serpent's Tongue)
badge
"A master in the art of living draws no sharp distinction between his work and his play, his labour and his leisure, his mind and his body, his education and his recreation." LP Jacks
mbmbmbmbmb
TomVasel wrote:
...and "72 Second reviews" by Eric Summerer.

That's way too short. His reviews are concise and to the point, but I'd love to hear more of his opinions and some deeper reviews.

You've got some great talent on the show now, between your own reviews that I can always put stock in, Moritz's always-fascinating segments, "Dicey Chic"'s news... and some great interviews.

Excellent podcasts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice episode, as usual.

Eric's 72 second review was a blast! I'd like to have more. If you don't like it, then hey, its only 72 seconds!

Moritz was as fascinating as ever. More discussion of what European gamers and American gamers (referring to the people, not the games) can learn from one another would be most welcome.

Mike's hot 10 was very nice, but rather light. I was getting worried that there was no wargame in the top ten, but the mention at the end saved the day!

And the once monthly update from Camp Casey was most welcome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike hibbert
United Kingdom
Gloucester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mentis wrote:

Mike's hot 10 was very nice, but rather light. I was getting worried that there was no wargame in the top ten, but the mention at the end saved the day!

You know, it's actually much harder than I though it would be to come up with a top 10 that I would be happy with. I generally like most games that I play, and quite often, my Hot 10 will be the last 10 games I played - yes, I know, I'm very fickle. I suspect that if I did the 10 again, it would have changed already

Having said that, you are right, it's a fairly light top 10, with no wargames in there, but next year I fully expect that to be different - maybe Tom and Sam will have me back to see how this has changed. I bought Europe Engulfed at the weekend, 14 hours game time, so I guess thats heavy enough!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.