Subject: Game Stores in El Paso? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Jason Roth
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question - none of the other forums seemed to fit, either. I just moved to El Paso a week ago, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good game stores in the area. Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried the Game Store Database?

It's available at http://www.gamestoredb.com/

Best of luck finding one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
El Paso has a weird economy.
I don't think it can actually sustain anything worthwhile.

Your best bet is to make the hour trip to Las Cruces and look around there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If in Albuquerque, check out Active Imagination, corner of Montgomery and Juan Tabo NE.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will DeMorris
United States
El Paso
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Closest thing to a real gamestore in the El Paso area is in Las Cruces. Check out Coas in the downtown mall on 317 N. Water Street. They have a decent selection of games and seem to get in most new titles. Also they run a really cool used bookstore too.

Welcome to the area!

http://www.coasbooks.com/

-Will

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bernhardt
United States
saratoga springs
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the phone book for comic shops and the like. I was in El Paso a year ago and managed to find Aquire and Princes of the Renaissance in some random stores there. I wish I could remember where it was, but there was a game store in town that had tables to play at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mich
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ve been to Las Cruces 2 weeks ago: the used bookstore is really cool, but You don´t find any boardgames there - just RPGs and game magazines.

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mich
Germany
Schleswig-Holstein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sun City Games at 1716 Yandell Dr. Near I 10 and HW 54 comes close to a gamestore. They have mainly Magic and Warhammer. The only boardgames they had about 2 weeks ago were Battlestar Galactica, Le Havre, Ingenious, Hoity Toity and 1 or 2 others I don´t remember.

Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sun Rise Games on Dyer, she has been in business for over 30 years. I agree that Coas:My Book Store in Las Cruses has a great store, Mike or his staff there can order and stock any game you desire and they have a great track record of doing so. They also have a game group that meets there on weekends. Sun City Games I will let it speak for its self, no comment.

But if it is primarily board games you're after, I would recommend the Barnes & Nobel at the Fountains Mall, great selection there, and there was a group of board gamer's that met there on Thur. nights. Not sure if they still do. They would use the coffee shop area. Not a large group, but its something. Good Luck, and Welcome to El Paso.

Jeff McDowell
Scale Games LLC
www.scale75.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls