Subject: What We Sussed Out - Can't Stop the Signal Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome one and all, even you fine lookin' Alliance folks. This Gencon will see the release of the much awaited Legendary Encounters: Firefly. And all us looking for our way in the black will be able to fly through the verse, scrounge up some credits, and maybe do a little bit o' misbehaving.

For those who are not aware of such things, I run a "What We Know" thread for every release of Marvel Legendary. It collates all the information we have about the game in one, easy-to-find location, to make for easy perusin' at your leisure.

So this thread here will be that self same for Legendary: Firefly. We don't know much yet, but as new information comes to light, I'll update this top post with the new info.

If you happen to come along some scrap of knowledge, post it here (along with a link to your source, we don't take kindly to rumor, hearsay and speculation) and I'll update the main post.

Please try and avoid discussing your hopes and dreams for this game. There are plenty of other threads where one can engage in such activities if one were so inclined. This place here is for strict facts, confirmed and sourced.

Stay Shiney!

Release Date: ~August 3rd, 2016
500 Cards
Fully Cooperative Play
Serenity will factor in some how, with players being able to upgrade the ship and if it takes too much damage, the players lose.
Niska, Patience, Bridgit Yolanda Saffron will appear.
Instead of a 3-objective "movie", each game session will consist of 3 individual episodes, with each episode having its own objective (each episode is labeled either A, B or C - you pick on "A" objective, one "B" objective and one "C" objective - then play them in that order). If the players manage to complete the episode's objectives - it ends. However, at the end of the objective deck will be a card with the "Inevitable" keyword. This card is the end-of-episode timer. Once the "Inevitable" card reaches the combat zone, each player will have one more turn, and then the episode will end automatically.
In between Episodes there is a mid-episode phase in which players can spend credits to upgrade Serenity, fix it, heal characters, etc.
The rulebook also has rules for a 5-game campaigns playing through all 14-episodes.

Playable Characters

Each of the 9 Serenity crew members is represented in two ways:
1. An Avatar card
2. A 14-card hero deck

At the beginning of the game each player chooses an Avatar to play. If playing with less than 5 players, you add more avatars until you reach 5. The 4 crew members not chosen, will make up the "Crew Deck" using their respective 14-card hero decks.

For the heathens among us, the nine crew members are:

1. Captain Malcom 'Mal' Reynolds (Avatar)
2. Zoe Alleyne Washburne
3. Hoban 'Wash' Washburne
4. Jayne Cobb (Avatar)
5. Kaywinnet Lee 'Kaylee' Frye (Avatar)
6. Inara Sera (Avatar)
7. River Tam
8. Dr. Simon Tam (Avatar)
9. Shepard Derial Book

Talents and Flaws

Each Avatar lists an effect for "Talent" and an effect for "Flaw". Throughout the game you'll get Talent and Flaw cards. When you play a Talent card, you immediately draw a card, then throughout your turn you may Activate the talent to gain the effect on your Avatar. If you activate the Talent, it is returned to the Talent pile and may be gained again later.

Flaws must be played at the beginning of your turn (or when they are drawn mid-turn) and immediately trigger the Flaw effect on your avatar. Then they are returned to the Flaw pile.

Serenity

Serenity will be a tenth "character" in the game. Some enemies will be able to damage Serenity directly, and should it take too much damage, it will explode and the players will lose the game. In addition, players will be able to purchase upgrades for Serenity in between "Episodes" (games) that will enable them to draw more cards, have a bigger pool to recruit from, etc.

Side Jobs

Throughout the game, you may draw "Side Jobs" cards. These are optional objectives players may complete for an added bonus. Failure to complete these objectives, however, will result in a penalty.

Strikes

The cards spoiled so far mention "Crew Strikes" and "Ship Strikes".

Sources

Preview #1 - Avatars
Preview #2 - Talents and Flaws
Preview #3 - Serenity
Preview #4 - Side Jobs and the Inevitable Card
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if this will stand as fact, but if you click the "Integrates With" link on this page it lists all 3 current Legendary games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
I'm not sure if this will stand as fact, but if you click the "Integrates With" link on this page it lists all 3 current Legendary games.

You can take the playable heroes from any of the Legendary games and plop them into any other, that's been par for the course since the beginning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it will be printed on big damn cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll tell you, when I first heard about this game, I was very jazzed. I love Legendary: Marvel, and thought the mechanics would work well.

But as I talked to some people about it, I realized there's an issue. Character count.

One of the things that makes Legendary: Marvel so much fun is the vast array of heroes, masterminds, villains, and henchmen you can play with. I don't think I've ever played the same set twice.

As I began to think about the Firefly universe, the number of characters is relatively small, that means less variety..

Thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mohnkern wrote:
I'll tell you, when I first heard about this game, I was very jazzed. I love Legendary: Marvel, and thought the mechanics would work well.

But as I talked to some people about it, I realized there's an issue. Character count.

One of the things that makes Legendary: Marvel so much fun is the vast array of heroes, masterminds, villains, and henchmen you can play with. I don't think I've ever played the same set twice.

As I began to think about the Firefly universe, the number of characters is relatively small, that means less variety..

Thoughts?

please leave discussions to other threads. this thread contains only legit official and confirmed information about the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Coming in July!

Legendary Encounters is back with an all new Firefly core set! Play as the crew of the Serenity and work with each other to complete each episode that players choose. Upgrade your ship to gain an advantage, but be careful that Serenity does not get enough strikes to end the game. Once players complete an episode, everything resets to start anew!
Each Core Set comes with over 500 playable cards featuring all original art and will feature some of Firefly’s greatest protagonists, including Patience, Niska, Saphron and the evil Alliance. Also included will be a game mat to help to organize the play field. Get ready to explore the ‘Verse!
Contains:
500 cards
1 Full color game mat
1 Full color rulebook
Assorted card inserts

Here's the link... http://www.imboardgames.com/?p=3117
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I've updated the OP with the new info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Quote:
Each Core Set comes with over 500 playable cards featuring all original art and will feature some of Firefly’s greatest protagonists, including Patience, Niska, Saphron and the evil Alliance.

Wait a minute... Patience, Niska and Saphron are protagonists? Surely they must have meant "antagonists". I can't imagine this is a Marvel Villains-style game where you're playing as the bad guys....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
AdmiralACF wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Quote:
Each Core Set comes with over 500 playable cards featuring all original art and will feature some of Firefly’s greatest protagonists, including Patience, Niska, Saphron and the evil Alliance.

Wait a minute... Patience, Niska and Saphron are protagonists? Surely they must have meant "antagonists". I can't imagine this is a Marvel Villains-style game where you're playing as the bad guys....

You are correct. Second sentence reads, "Play as the crew of Serenity...".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cooper Christian
United States
La Habra
CA
flag msg tools
badge
Legendary: Fanboy
mbmbmbmbmb
Small amount of news... http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/34356/upper-deck-reveals-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
timerron wrote:

Holy smokes! That box art is phenomenal... Sadly, nothing of note to update the main thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Daigle
Canada
L'Ancienne-Lorette
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
"DO NOT PRAY! If you pray, your hands will close together. You will not be able to fight!"
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Can't wait for this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
According to this: http://www.esdeviumgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Lege...

The release date is slated for July 26th.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
According to this: http://www.esdeviumgames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Lege...

Still has that typo haha.
Quote:
The game will feature some of Firefly’s greatest protagonists, including Patience, Niska, Saphron and the evil Alliance.

That or Upper Deck just has a very nihilistic view of the world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:

Quote:
The game will feature some of Firefly’s greatest protagonists, including Patience, Niska, Saphron and the evil Alliance.

Don't know about you, but I was rooting for Yolanda every time she showed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
Jimmydm90 wrote:
IronSyndicate wrote:

Quote:

Don't know about you, but I was rooting for Yolanda every time she showed up.

I was rooting for Saffron, but then Yolanda showed up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Mark:
Quote:
Release date is August 3rd. International distributors can take a bit longer based on their shipping choice.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1582598/release-date-26th-j...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AdelinDumitru wrote:
According to Mark:
Quote:
Release date is August 3rd. International distributors can take a bit longer based on their shipping choice.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1582598/release-date-26th-j...

Cool. OP updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Previews have started and you can find the first one here: http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/07/legendary-encounters-a-fire...

Release has also been pushed back a week to August 10th.

I'll be updating the OP with the new info a little later.

EDIT: OP Updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New preview posted, discussing Talents and Flaws: http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/07/legendary-encounters-a-fire...

OP updated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New update posted - Serenity.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/07/legendary-encounters-a-fire...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C
United States
Townsend
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New update on the blog, side jobs and inevitable cards.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/08/legendary-encounters-a-fire...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KPac511 wrote:
New update on the blog, side jobs and inevitable cards.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2016/08/legendary-encounters-a-fire...

Thanks, OP updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adelin Dumitru
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rulebook has been uploaded in the Files section. Plenty of new info, more details on the campaign mode, all characters revealed, good stuff basically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.