Popular Tags: [View All]
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
401 Games is letting us take over their amazing gaming space for International TableTop Day, and letting us host a math trade there!

For more information about International TableTop Day at 401 Games, check out:
- Toronto BoardGamers Meetup Event (group membership is required)
- 401 Games Event Centre
- International TableTop Day Website

For more information and the full rules for the math trade, head to the geeklist here:
......... Trade Geeklist is located here.

Key Trade Dates:
Submissions Open: As soon as the trade is live on the OLWLG and we receive final approval from 401 Games.
Submissions Close: Monday April 25 after 11pm
Want Lists Due: Wednesday April 27 at 11pm. Results will be posted ASAP afterwards.

Trade Date & Location:
Where: International TableTop Day @ 401 Games
When: Saturday April 30, 2016
Time: 12:00pm - drop off games
......... 12:30pm - pick up new games

If you still have questions after reading through the geeklist, feel free to post them here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Perlmutter
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this, thanks for organizing it. I couldn't post any games but I'm guessing it's just not open yet. Is that the case?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
duckduck wrote:
Looking forward to this, thanks for organizing it. I couldn't post any games but I'm guessing it's just not open yet. Is that the case?

Correct! I was waiting for final confirmation from 401 Games about the gift card policy, which is now received! Math trade is now open for submissions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Sinn
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you so much for organizing this, Sara!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GamerM
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, I'm moving on the 30th. Will have to see if a friend can drop-off/pick-up maybe. Been hankering for a math trade lately! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Korea
Canada
Richmond Hill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mhaessler wrote:
Dang, I'm moving on the 30th. Will have to see if a friend can drop-off/pick-up maybe. Been hankering for a math trade lately! laugh

Same here! Moving day! Gotta find someone to help out with my trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
We've taken care of everything...
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for setting this up Sara!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for organizing! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Colmenares
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah it feels like forever since we've had one. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Veillet
Canada
Boucherville
Québec, Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to participate in this edition...

Talk to you soon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mhaessler wrote:

kidkorea wrote:
Same here! Moving day! Gotta find someone to help out with my trades.

Finding someone else to handle your trades on that day is preferable. But if you can't, we might be able to arrange for you to drop your traded games off at my condo on Thursday or Friday evening around 9pm. This would only be as a last resort, and you'd have to message me on the 25th or 26th to confirm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How would GCs that are bought online and deliverable through email handled? Would I send it to the recipient before the math trade, or make a printout of the code to be given on the day? etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
How would GCs that are bought online and deliverable through email handled? Would I send it to the recipient before the math trade, or make a printout of the code to be given on the day? etc.

I would think for this one the appropriate gift certificate would be with 401 Games? As a thank you to them hosting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't mind doing that myself, but even if it's for 401 I'd rather buy it ahead of time online just so I know everything is ready to go before the math trade

EDIT: hmm, also seems that 401 GCs are only redeemable in-store, not online, so that also makes it inconvenient for people who aren't local and don't want to buy anything that day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
It doesn't look like there is a requirement for the GCs to be from 401 games. If they are purchased online, I think that the exchange can happen online before the day of the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:

It's your choice. If it's a physical card, you can bring it to the trade. If the gift cards can be transferred online, you can email the code/card to the recipient and send me a message letting me know it's been dealt with in advance. I'll send a message to the recipient for verification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I seem to be unable to comment on any entries (I was going to ask which edition a game is)... is this just me and I'm somehow missing something, or was that done intentionally? (it's an option you can check on/off when you create the list, so it may have been turned off accidentally)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Same issue here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that too. Sara must need to edit the settings of the first post?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
I seem to be unable to comment on any entries (I was going to ask which edition a game is)... is this just me and I'm somehow missing something, or was that done intentionally? (it's an option you can check on/off when you create the list, so it may have been turned off accidentally)

It was not intentional and should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing this out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to keep bugging you, but it looks like someone deleted their entry (#575-Maria no longer exists; I know this because I had it in my wantlist ). I don't know if there's a way for you to automatically detect deleted entries, so I just thought I'd let you know in case it screws things up (I think I read somewhere that changes need to be made manually when this happens). Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Maltman
Canada
RICHMOND HILL
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mashpotassium wrote:
Sorry to keep bugging you, but it looks like someone deleted their entry (#575-Maria no longer exists; I know this because I had it in my wantlist ). I don't know if there's a way for you to automatically detect deleted entries, so I just thought I'd let you know in case it screws things up (I think I read somewhere that changes need to be made manually when this happens). Thanks!

The only thing it screws up (I think) is us, when we wonder where the game went.

Which is why people are supposed to:

- keep the game the same (don't change it to beyond the scope of BGG)
- strikethrough the original content
- put a note on why they pulled it (traded, sold, etc)
- submit a blank wantlist

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marina SC
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha, I double-checked where I thought I read about the manual update, and it looks like I got my wires crossed as it's just the USERS that need to update their wishlists (especially if they did it manually), not the admins updating the list overall. Good to know it won't make more work for Sara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I deleted it. The rule that you can't delete items has been carried forward since before I started running trades, but I think it won't mess anything up. As a test, I'm deleting some items that have been removed and we'll see if anything bad happens. I don't like scrolling through pages of removed items, but want to see if it messes anything up in the OLWLG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.