Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I seed the cards for each room and place the clue cards how do I know which clue cards to use?
Example: The Fall of House Lynch

There are 7 clue cards:
1A
1B
1C
2A
2B
3A
3B

And I picked (as the Keeper) story choices:
1A
2A
3A

When seeding basement landing which reads,
2A: Clue 1, Magical Lock

Which "clue" card do I use? 1A?

For the story choice I made would I seed Clue 2A for the Master Bedroom? It reads:
3A: Magic Phrase, Clue 2, Puzzlebox (?), Locked Door

And clue card in the kitchen would 3A, right?

Lastly, if I set everything up correctly should the investigators find the clues in numerical order? 1A then 2A the lastly 3A?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
When seeding basement landing which reads,
2A: Clue 1, Magical Lock

Which "clue" card do I use? 1A?

For the story choice I made would I seed Clue 2A for the Master Bedroom? It reads:
3A: Magic Phrase, Clue 2, Puzzlebox (?), Locked Door

And clue card in the kitchen would 3A, right?

Yup, that's all right.

Quote:
Lastly, if I set everything up correctly should the investigators find the clues in numerical order? 1A then 2A the lastly 3A?

They'll find the clues in reverse numerical order. The Keeper Guide has text that you read to the investigators at the beginning that hints at where to find the highest-numbered Clue. Then each Clue they find will give them a hint at where to find the next lower Clue and a key they'll need to get there. For instance, the Magic Phrase they get with Clue 2 will unlock the Magical Lock that guards Clue 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matěj Jan Morávek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just add, that in the base game scenarios, it is impossible to get the clues in wrong order, unless you made a mistake during seeding of the cards. Next clue is always locked by a lock or obstacle, to which you will find the key with the previous clue. Only the first clue (with the highest number) is always accessible.

When seeding the cards, you select the clues matching your story choices and put the rest back into the box. Then you seed the cards according to your choices, the unchosen clues will not be used.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! This really helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.