Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the DISCUSSION thread for the Granite Game Summit No Ship Math Trade in Nashua, New Hampshire (http://www.granitegamesummit.com/) . This is a place to discuss the trade, ask questions of the moderator, etc. Please do not use this to call people out publicly or anything like that. Also, please try to limit discussion to topics related to THIS specific Math Trade. If you want to engage in a debate on the merits or politics of math trades in general, this isn't really the thread for that. Thanks!

Dates
- Submissions close: Sunday, May 1, 2016, 9:00 PM EDT
- Wants due: Friday, May 6, 2016, 9:00 PM EDT
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close
- Trade Execution: Saturday, May 14th, 3:00pm at Granite Game Summit

Trade Geeklist: Granite Game Summit 2016 No Ship Math Trade - Nashua, NH
Requests Geeklist: Granite Game Summit 2016 No Ship Math Trade - Nashua, NH (Request List)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lees
United States
Franklin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need this to end so I can stop tweaking my want list a few times each day! whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lees
United States
Franklin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, there shouldn't be any issues with arbitrage since there's no money/gg involved, but is there a chance of a trial run to see how many trades are happening unofficially?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MRSA_Major wrote:
Also, there shouldn't be any issues with arbitrage since there's no money/gg involved, but is there a chance of a trial run to see how many trades are happening unofficially?
I think that's doable. I'll do a trial run Thursday evening to see what the numbers are looking like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be running a test this evening to see how many trades are being made, and a list (which will be in spoilers for those of you that don't want to ruin the surprise) of users with at least one trade.

As a side note, I did more algorithm related reading than I ever thought I would do last night. I had originally set the number of iterations to 40 - which means the algorithm would run 40 times to find the maximum number of users (which is the metric we're looking to maximize) who would have at least one trade.

But upon reading more about how the algorithm works, and given the size of our Math Trade, I am considering bumping the number of iterations up to 200. The algorithm will still run very quickly, and the TradeMaximizer will select the result set from that 200 iterations which allows the largest number of people to participate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, folks. So here are some VERY UNOFFICIAL PRELIMINARY TEASERS. These can and probably will change, especially once the missing folks get their wants in.

As of 6:15PM today, we have the following from the submitted wantlists:

- MISSING 38 WANTS (19.8%) FROM 4 USER(s) (20%)
- Num trades = 24 of 153 items (15.7%)
- Approximately 75% of users who have submitted their wantlists currently have at least one trade.

Click below if you would like to see if you're trading. Again, hypothetically. If you are on this list, you still might not trade once all the lists are in:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
USERS TRADING:

BRIANMBE
PUNKIN312
FLYINGSHEEP
MRSA_MAJOR
COFFEEGNERD
SNOOKIEPRIME
SOS1
EARLOFBRONZE
RDONATO926
SCOOTERS76
XHAERETICUSX
MATTGO
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lees
United States
Franklin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you planning on sending Geek Mail to those who haven't submitted wants yet? I messed up my first math trade because of not knowing how to submit wants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure am!! I'm doing that tonight at 9:00.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lees
United States
Franklin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you're a fantastic admin! Thanks for running this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Err....9:30.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it's 9:00!!

I'm locking down the wantlist entries and will have results posted soon!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Results posted!! I've marked them as pending, but I see no reason not to make them official - everything looked pretty straightforward to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
Results posted!! I've marked them as pending, but I see no reason not to make them official - everything looked pretty straightforward to me!
Posted where? I'm a noob to math trades. From the Geekmail, I don't think I ended up having a trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lees
United States
Franklin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're getting Talisman for Ugg-Tect!
If you go to http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/, scroll down till you see a link that says "results summary"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms Dew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MRSA_Major wrote:
You're getting Talisman for Ugg-Tect!
If you go to http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/, scroll down till you see a link that says "results summary"
Thanks, Jason! I totally will play some DC deck builder with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls