Popular Tags: [View All]
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are all the situations (base set only) that a character has to have a willpower attribute test?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
When you say "all the situations", are you asking for a detailed breakdown of every card, component and rule in the game that might require a player to test Willpower?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
entering a dark room?
encountering an object or whatever...

just in general....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matěj Jan Morávek
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wonder why you want to know. It is usually when the inv. is trying to do something they have to convince themselves to - entering a room at fire (not darkness) comes to my mind. Some mythos cards prevents them from opening a door/staying outside if they fail a willpower test IIRC. Staying with someone else in a room when you have... that trauma card I cannot remember the name of right know and internet does not help (I have not the game with me in lab where I work). This sort of things, but mostly mythos and trauma cards. Feel free to sift through them to find out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baker Odom
United States
Bluffton
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also when a monster enters a room with an investigator or an investigator enters a room with a monster.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! All of this helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situations were a character has to do a horror check (excluding any cards):

1. When a monster enters the room of the investigator or when an investigator enters the room of a monster.
For this test, the willpower of the investigator is modified by the "scary-ness" of the monster (number on the bottom right on the monster tile). Note that this triggers each time when entering a room with a monster, or a monster entering a room with an investigator. So the same monster may continue to cause horror checks over multiple turns if it reenters the room.
Also, this triggers only when the investigator and monster are in the same room. This may cause some weird situations in outdoor "rooms" and open "hallways". Even though your investigator can clearly see the monster (and may even be able to attacck it), you do not perform the horror check until you are in the same "room" as the monster.
Feel free to house rule this at your own leisure, though.

2. When entering a room that is on fire.
Regardless of the result of this horror test, your character may then enter the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.