Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Rules Question regarding Fall of House Lynch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Tiemeier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
I've been up and down these forums but cannot find an answer. While playing Fall of House Lynch Objective 1b I came up with a weird scenario:

Is is possible for the keeper to summon multiple Shoggoths?
-If so does he win when any one of them escapes?
-If so do the Investigators need kill all of them to win?

At first I thought only one could be summoned but then after reading clue 1 and seeing it say (paraphrasing) "shoggoths in play are stunned" - the implication seems to be the keeper could summon more. Which led to the other questions. Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tiemeier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Bump.

Anyone with an idea on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The keeper can only summon a single Shoggoth by the Objective card's effect. I cannot think of any other effects that would allow the keeper to summon an additional Shoggoth in 1B. (Depending on your expansions there is a way to get a Shoggoth in 1A.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Tiemeier
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
That was my initial thought as well. Having the word shoggoths on the card instead of shoggoth made it unclear for me. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
ttiemeier wrote:
That was my initial thought as well. Having the word shoggoths on the card instead of shoggoth made it unclear for me. Thank you.

Yeah, it was probably written with full generality because they weren't sure if any other Shoggoth-summoning effects would be introduced in expansions. They did introduce one that lets you get a Shoggoth another way in the Fall of House Lynch, but it happens not to work in 1B.

(The most obvious example of this future-proofing is the Crucifix item, which has a special interaction with vampires. Mansions of Madness has no vampires in it at all.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.