benjamin guffens
Belgium
Belgium
flag msg tools
I am almost sure this rule is written somewhere in the book but ican't find it back.
Can an investigator search a room (explore cards) even if there is a monster in the place as well? Or must the monster get killed before ?

thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gilles de Rais
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Long time since I played, but I believe you can search.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you start in that room you have to make an evade test if you're not going to do combat with the monster. If you move into that room you have to do a horror test but after all of that then I think you may explore the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mork von Ork is almost right. If there is a monster in your space and you perform any other action but attacking (like exploring or moving), you must make an evade check. To do this, you test your dexterity modified by the value at the top right of the monster token. If you fail the monster damages you. Regardless of whether you pass or fail, you may then search the room (unless the attack killed you of course).

When the monster is not in your space you can explore the room without having to perform a test.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
benjamin guffens
Belgium
Belgium
flag msg tools
this is prety clear now !
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vardaine wrote:
Mork von Ork is almost right. If there is a monster in your space and you perform any other action but attacking (like exploring or moving), you must make an evade check. To do this, you test your dexterity modified by the value at the top right of the monster token. If you fail the monster damages you. Regardless of whether you pass or fail, you may then search the room (unless the attack killed you of course).

When the monster is not in your space you can explore the room without having to perform a test.

Hope this helps.

Ohhhh, "space", that's what I missed, I was thinking entire room.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.