Subject: Opinions on spider color scheme rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juha Loukaja
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: XCOM 2 fanMicrobadge: I love Finland!Microbadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: Elder Sign fanMicrobadge: Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island fan
I just got around painting the spider from the base set, and wanted to ask for opinions whether I should paint the rest of it in another color, or leave it as is.

I know my skills are not up to par with the rest of you guys painting and showing off, but at least it's better than the dull grey. Here's how he looks right now:

From gallery of Merkillinen

Primarily the head and the butt are the parts I'm pondering whether I should cover the black with something else. Other parts I think are fine as is, though probably another coat is needed for most of the parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
Ideas are bulletproof
badge
I think, therefore I am, I think
Microbadge: Belfort fanMicrobadge: Agricola fanMicrobadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Gloomhaven fanMicrobadge: Eclipse fan
Nice job! I think it's fine the way it is now.
BTW. You might get more responses from the miniature painters guild, or this what are you painting at the moment thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juha Loukaja
Finland
Riihimäki
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: XCOM 2 fanMicrobadge: I love Finland!Microbadge: I love solo gaming!Microbadge: Elder Sign fanMicrobadge: Robinson Crusoe: Adventure on the Cursed Island fan
dagobal wrote:
Nice job! I think it's fine the way it is now.
BTW. You might get more responses from the miniature painters guild, or this what are you painting at the moment thread.
Thank you! It's always amazed me that there's no sub forum for miniature painters here, but I guess that the guild works for that, it's just way more hidden than the other forums.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
badge
ubi bene ibi patria // vidi perfutui veni
Microbadge: Wargamer of 30+ yearsMicrobadge: Card-Driven Wargames fanMicrobadge: Byzantine Empire fanMicrobadge: Commands & Colors Ancients fanMicrobadge: Solitaire Wargamer
awesome choise of colors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Nieuwenhuis
Netherlands
Epe
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Memoir '44 Online League winnerMicrobadge: Memoir '44 fanMicrobadge: Colosseum fanMicrobadge: Roborally fanMicrobadge: Small World fan
Personally I find you are doing a great job.

I would not change the color black to anything else as I feel most spiders are black and that also adds to the menace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I give out citizenship starsMicrobadge: ScientistMicrobadge: Wing Commander fanMicrobadge: I love my Gamer SpouseMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...
Personally I'd rather darken up the legs to match the body, but everyone has his vison as to how a particular figre is supposed to look.

This one is mine for example...
Board Game: BattleLore

Board Game: BattleLore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls