Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Neil 77
United States
Port Orchard
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1PG is the first guild I joined. It has been such a good experience that I decided to try a couple others that I had an interest in. I just assumed they would all be as helpful, friendly, and informative as you guys have been. I was surprised to learn how naive I was in thinking that. So thanks Rev and all you other regulars for all your contributions and helpfulness towards us newbies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joestin wrote:
The nerd rage rule is a tough one. I've seen people actually post negative things about Gears of War: The Board Game.

Don't put me in that position people. Just don't.

You aren't saying I shouldn't say it's not my cup of tea?

(Not trying to start something, cognitive dissonance from seeing the first comment on this post seeming to tell me to not say my opinion on the game; however, the struggle is real, and I love that there are games for everyone, and just because it isn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean I am not happy that it is there for whose cup of tea it is.)

Lol self, a little . . . But the cognitive dissonance was just too, too much. It's not about being contrary, part of it stems from abuse, and why the person was abusing me, and what they were trying to accomplish with it. That's why I react like this, sometimes.

Sorry to be all heavy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well done, and I couldn't agree more. A nice set of guidelines for new folk, and reminders for regulars. Should prove helpful in keeping the 1PG a welcoming and safe place for all.

Thank you so much for posting this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara Bear
United States
Centerville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elad wrote:
Well done, and I couldn't agree more. A nice set of guidelines for new folk, and reminders for regulars. Should prove helpful in keeping the 1PG a welcoming and safe place for all.

So we have our own Pirate Code, then? arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor De Boer
United States
Comstock Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
April 8th, 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
Great thread. I check the out 1PG almost daily but rarely ever post anything myself. I can't agree more that this guild is one of the best places on the internet that I have ever encountered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuhns, party of four!
United States
Muncy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
...the grey rain-curtain turned all to silver glass and was rolled back, and he beheld white shores and beyond them a far green country under a swift sunrise.
mbmbmbmbmb
sarebear62 wrote:
Elad wrote:

So we have our own Pirate Code, then? arrrh

It's good to be a solo gamarrrrrrrr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hughes
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said Rev!

Welcome to all the new members! Whether you decide to lurk in the shadows of the guild (like I did for quite a while ) or you become active on a daily basis, I gotta agree with others here, this is the friendliest place on the Internet!

"C'mon in boys, the water is fine!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Fowle
United States
Walpole
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very well said, I couldn't agree more. Lets keep this guild exactly what it is, its what keeps me coming back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jesberpen wrote:
Nice words

I'll make my first anniversary in June this year within BGG and this guild, and little by little I've become a bit more active. Great place indeed and with greater people

My only recommendation is to hide your wallet before asking about what game you should buy whistle

Asking for advice is not a prerequisite for having your wallet killed by the guild .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garyrbrooks wrote:
Well said Rev (for some reason I don't feel able to call you Steve ).

I don't post anything elsewhere on the whole interweb but I do here.

It's for all the reasons you mention.

Continue being awesome everyone.

I think we need to add rule #8: You're not a real member of the guild until you've at least once posted a comment asking: "Who's Gary?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joestin wrote:
The nerd rage rule is a tough one. I've seen people actually post negative things about Gears of War: The Board Game.

It fell flat for me...

Sorry, couldn't help it .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Prebble
United Kingdom
Herne Bay
Coastal Leisure Town
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's Gary?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firefoxnumber6 wrote:
Who's Gary?

No clue, I don't think the guild has any members with that name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miah
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sarebear62 wrote:
joestin wrote:

(Not trying to start something, cognitive dissonance from seeing the first comment on this post seeming to tell me to not say my opinion on the game; however, the struggle is real, and I love that there are games for everyone, and just because it isn't my cup of tea, doesn't mean I am not happy that it is there for whose cup of tea it is.)

Lol self, a little . . . But the cognitive dissonance was just too, too much. It's not about being contrary, part of it stems from abuse, and why the person was abusing me, and what they were trying to accomplish with it. That's why I react like this, sometimes.

Sorry to be all heavy!

In case nobody else responds to this, let me say please DO feel free to post dissenting opinions on gameswhen appropriate. As a careful shopper (read: super anxious about every single purchase) i value the minority opinions and want to hear the negative reactions along with the positive. It's one of the things that makes 1PG more valuable than going to a game's page and asking "is this game any good?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sarebear62 wrote:
joestin wrote:

Sorry to be all heavy!

I'm pretty sure it was meant as a joke. That's how I read it at least.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I might be Brain though
United Kingdom
Gateshead
Tyne and Wear
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles...
mbmbmbmbmb
mortenmdk wrote:
sarebear62 wrote:
joestin wrote:

Sorry to be all heavy!

I'm pretty sure it was meant as a joke. That's how I read it at least.

I can guarantee it was a joke from Justin. However, who am I anyway?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garyrbrooks wrote:
However, who am I anyway?

I've never seen your name before, so I can't help you with that. I think this is your first post in the guild.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
garyrbrooks wrote:

... the terror that flaps in the night?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Monrad Pedersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheUbiquitous wrote:
garyrbrooks wrote:

... the terror that flaps in the night?

the fingernail that scrapes the blackboard of your soul.
the batteries that are not included.
the slug that slimes your begonias.

I love Darkwing Duck's slogans .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Whilst I count my schnookels”
mbmbmbmbmb
Well said, Rev! I love seeing all the new faces. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for posting Rev! I'd also encourage anyone who has been lurking to contribute if they feel comfortable doing so. It was a big first step for me, and I am glad I joined in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
westwardhough wrote:
Thank you for posting Rev! I'd also encourage anyone who has been lurking to contribute if they feel comfortable doing so. It was a big first step for me, and I am glad I joined in!

Bah! I say we banish anyone who joined the Guild after May of '13, before the riffraff brought in their "Monthly Challenges", their "Aggregators", and their "Girl Squads". Back when men had sensibly short hair and shorter pants, the women didn't trust said men, and the babies knew how to varnish the floor in a 12x8 room like nature intended.

Don't say I didn't warn ya
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Prebble
United Kingdom
Herne Bay
Coastal Leisure Town
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb