• [+] Dice rolls
David Carroll
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jdarnold wrote:
Welcome! You should git yerself an avatar!

Advice taken! (I've only been a BGG member since 2006. There was no hurry, right?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julie Ann Glaz-Bopp
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davekuhns wrote:
typo360 wrote:
Welcome David!

One more dave. One more dave. One more dave

Yes! Contrary to Dr Seuss you can never have too many Daves

Davids are cool, I married one. Welcome! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the guild David! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M K
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hey look, its the new guy!

That would be me.

And look, a community of like minded individuals actually makes me feel that when I say, "Hi my name is Graufalke and I like solitaire games" it does not feel like I am part of a 12 step program

jgatkinsn recommended that I take a swing by here and loving what I am seeing!
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW van der Meulen
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Graufalke, please stick around for a while. And have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. @kinson
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome Graufalke! Be prepared to become much poorer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Redheaded Pharmacist
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the community Graufalke!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Terebayza
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the friendliest corner of the interwebs! You’ll find this place is full of some of the kindest and most helpful people you’ll come across...enjoy it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Calw
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Welcome to the guild, Graufalke!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
1 Player Guild
badge
Breaker of Wallets
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard, Graufalke! Jay warned you... Keep an eye on your wallet! Best advice is to steer clear of me, as my new title is the Breaker of Wallets. Ha ha! Have a great time getting into the community, and should you have any questions, ask away! Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Tieman
United States
Simi Valley
California
flag msg tools
designer
Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh what up and welcome G-falke!

Also, I don't know why I'm not subbed to this thread...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just felt the urge to bring this thread back to the forefront of the forum. It's nice to remind myself of the community values we strive to maintain around here.

I've been especially thinking about Steve's 4th point:

reverendunclebastard wrote:
4 - Unsurprisingly, given that almost 7% of the general population experiences it on any given year, we have many members that have struggled with depression. [...] If these discussions are not your cup of tea, just ignore them rather than post antagonistic comments.

I don't suffer from deep depressions, but I have gone through multi-year lows, where seeing goodness and finding peace are especially difficult. I recall a handful of times during these years I spent in the valley, where a harsh, sarcastic, or dismissive comment directed towards me on BGG would send me into a months long spiral. I'm sure the individuals who made those comments didn't intend for a second to cause that type of harm, but it wounded me disproportionately due to my already vulnerable state.

I'd encourage everyone to be more patient than is deserved, use kinder words than you have to, give more grace than is earned. We need to try our best to remember that being good is better than being right.

(This from a man who just lost it on his son for coloring with a marker on the carpet. Sigh. Must do better.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Terebayza
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jomurph86 wrote:
I'd encourage everyone to be more patient than is deserved, use kinder words than you have to, give more grace than is earned. We need to try our best to remember that being good is better than being right.

Well said. A good reminder that comments have consequences...something the anonymous nature of the internet allows many to forget.

It costs little to be kind. And the generous nature of the 1PG is a primary reason I spend more time on BGG than elsewhere on the web.

That and I’m addicted to games. 😏
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Buonocore
United States
Warren
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
English Teechur wrote:
jomurph86 wrote:

Well said. A good reminder that comments have consequences...something the anonymous nature of the internet allows many to forget.

It costs little to be kind. And the generous nature of the 1PG is a primary reason I spend more time on BGG than elsewhere on the web.

That and I’m addicted to games. 😏

A truly crucial reminder for all of us. Loving-kindness and compassion are vitally important in the world (and often seem in rather short supply these days), as our words have great power and can trigger ripple effects, both positive and negative, which we cannot foresee. We must all learn to respect this power and choose our words wisely.

Certainly the level of support, kindness, warmth and grace evident here in the 1PG sets a wonderfully high standard, and one which makes it one of the absolute best places on the internet -- and the place which I consider my internet home. It is truly a privilege to be a part of this awesome community. My deepest thanks to you all for making it such a consistently welcoming and accepting place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arianne H
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
See the Legendary General Forum for Back to Basics League information -- Dark City and Base Set only
badge
Join the Dark City and Base Set only monthly league -- See Legendary general forum for information
mbmbmbmbmb
+100 to the above comments
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pope eugenius
msg tools
Hi everyone! after many years of being on BGG, I have finally got round to saying hi. And this looks to be the best place to start! I think its also the 1st time I have posted on any forum, hopefully the 1st of many.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Friedrichs
Germany
Calw
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
eugenius wrote:
Hi everyone! after many years of being on BGG, I have finally got round to saying hi. And this looks to be the best place to start! I think its also the 1st time I have posted on any forum, hopefully the 1st of many.
Welcome to the guild! Glad you decided to join and I'm looking forward to hear/read more from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Murphy
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Fore!
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. @kinson
United States
Grant
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! Welcome! Prepare to hear your wallet scream!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JW van der Meulen
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
www.solitairetimes.net
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marit Alanen
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Welcome to the guild! It's a great place to hang out (when you aren't playing games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pope eugenius
msg tools
thanks for the welcome! like all proper gamers, spend too much time reading rules, reading about games and not enough time playing. Hopefully that will change!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
designer
1 Player Guild
badge
Breaker of Wallets
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome aboard! Usually the best advice is to watch out for the known wallet destroyers around these parts... And I'm in that group, much to the chagrin of my own wallet. Ha ha! Enjoy exploring the guild and joining in. Great to have you with us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  27 , 28 , 29 , 30 , 31  Next »  [31] |