Popular Tags: flgs [+] pennsylvania [+] [View All]
Dean Rekich
United States
Lyndora
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be in Reading, PA for a few days next week. Are there any game stores in or near Reading? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kinsey
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a great one in New Holland PA (about 30 mi drive though): Six Feet Under Games. They have a great selection of boardgames, card games, miniatures, and plenty of space for gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey Dean! Coming back to PA for a visit huh? Edmund used to live in Allentown which is kinda near Reading. But I think the whole time he was there he never really foound any good game stores.

Anyway say hi to Mary for us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Butler
United States
Eastport
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittyangel wrote:
hey Dean! Coming back to PA for a visit huh? Edmund used to live in Allentown which is kinda near Reading. But I think the whole time he was there he never really foound any good game stores.

Allentown is about 50 miles from Reading, so it's not really close...

I live just outside Reading and I don't know of any game stores in or near Reading...I buy all my games online, however, to my knowledge, the closest game store (if you don't mind driving) would be in King of Prussia which is about 40 miles from Reading...the store is called The Compleat Strategist...I've never been there, but I've heard a lot of good things about it...

...Sue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Butler
United States
Eastport
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeanMary wrote:
I will be in Reading, PA for a few days next week. Are there any game stores in or near Reading? Thanks!

The yearly Jazz Fest is going on now in Reading, so you might wanna check out going to one of the shows next week if you get a chance...

Hope you have a good time in Reading!

...Sue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tapestry wrote:
kittyangel wrote:

I live just outside Reading and I don't know of any game stores in or near Reading...I buy all my games online, however, to my knowledge, the closest game store (if you don't mind driving) would be in King of Prussia which is about 40 miles from Reading...the store is called The Compleat Strategist...I've never been there, but I've heard a lot of good things about it...

...Sue

well i am bad at measuring distance, didn't seem that far when we went, but that was a long time ago. Yes the compleat strategist is near King of Prussia, which has a lot of games, or maybe they can just drive to Gamesurplus in Lancaster. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bertrand Russell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're going to drive as far as KoP might as well just goto the Games Keep in West Chester.

The Games Keep has a much better selection of eurogames and better prices.
The Compleat Strategist has a better selection of collectible games, RPGs, and war games.

Reading to West Chester - 39.6m
Reading to King of Prussia - 40.3m

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Butler
United States
Eastport
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kittyangel wrote:
tapestry wrote:
kittyangel wrote:

...Sue

well i am bad at measuring distance, didn't seem that far when we went, but that was a long time ago. Yes the compleat strategist is near King of Prussia, which has a lot of games, or maybe they can just drive to Gamesurplus in Lancaster. =)

I didn't realize that Gamesurplus in Lancaster was an actual building...I thought it was only online....thank you for telling me about it! I am *definitely* gonna check it out since it's a lot closer for me than KoP.

...Sue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Spade
United States
Elizabethtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tapestry wrote:
I didn't realize that Gamesurplus in Lancaster was an actual building...I thought it was only online....

It is only online. But they enjoy meeting their customers, and you can pick up your order locally - if you make an appointment.

They also host a monthly game night that's usually the 2nd Tue of the month at the Lititz Library:
http://www.lititzlibrary.org/
(Click on Calendar on the left.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penny
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tapestry wrote:
kittyangel wrote:
tapestry wrote:
kittyangel wrote:

...Sue

I didn't realize that Gamesurplus in Lancaster was an actual building...I thought it was only online....thank you for telling me about it! I am *definitely* gonna check it out since it's a lot closer for me than KoP.

...Sue

They are family owned business, so yes the place exit but they are not retail store, their inventory is in their basement). They do however accept appointments if you want to drop by and look in their gaming basement. (prepare to be tempted by the selection and the online prices). Make sure you email them first to make arrangement to drop by. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls