Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Kiehl
United States
wynantskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Folks,
I'm looking for some Art/graphic design contributions and I'm willing to pony up some geekgold. I'm looking for two different things and there are two different ways to participate.

How to Participate?
Firstly, and most obviously, you can submit your handiwork by emailing it to feedback at superpowernosissies.com Submissions must be received by 11:59pm EST on April 14.

Secondly, you can use your geekgold to up the ante. I will not be spending any of my geekgold between now and the end of the contest. If you do the math you'll notice that I will only retain 1/5 of my balance of geekgold.

What I'm looking for:

1) A piece of artwork which would make a suitable "box front" for this game. I'll share what is in my head, but you can take this any way you want. I'm imagining some group of gamers facing a large number of games, shelves or piles or something and asking each other the question which is the title of the game.
Reward: 2/5 of my geekgold at the time of the award. 20gg as of this writing, rounding up.
Technical Details: Image should be suitable for use as a cardback (poker size, roughly 2.5 x 3.5) or as a box front for a double deck type box (roughly 3.5 x 5)
Fine print: This will be judged totally subjectively by me. I may or may not involve others in the selection, that is up to me.

2)Four additional card templates. That is in addition to the current card layout. These templates may use any or all of the information currently on the cards as well as information which is expected to be available in the near future, this includes:
--Game Name
--Number of players (also best-with info)
--Game description
--Game designer(s)
--User's comment
--Game weight
--Game category(s)
--Game mechanic(s)
--BGGID for the game
Reward: 1/10 of my geekgold at the time of award to each of the four winning template designers. 5gg at the time of this writing, rounding up.
Fine Print: Sample cards should be sent to me via email to feedback at superpowernosissies.com I will post them online. The final 4 will be selected by a poll of some sort (details to be determined at my leisure). Submitters will need to be able to provide a good quality source image for use in the card generation tool. The current template is a 2.5" x 3.5" 300dpi tiff.

There you have it, I hope we get some great submissions. Use this thread to ask for any clarifications. Enjoy!

peace,
Tom

edit 1: added pm to submission deadline
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kiehl
United States
wynantskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
nosissies wrote:
Sample cards should be sent to me via email to feedback at superpowernosissies.com I will post them online.

Just to clarify a little bit, I'm really interested in two things for template submissions.

1) a sample card worked up for any particular game showing where all of the information would fall etc.

2) in order to actually use it, I'll need a "blank" tiff with all of the graphical features on top of which I'll overlay the text elements. You can see what the default "blank" looks like by going here:
http://www.superpowernosissies.com/games/idkwdywtp/images/bl...

peace,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kiehl
United States
wynantskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A quick update on the prizes. Thanks to a generous contribution, each of the awards have roughly doubled. That makes your winning "Box Art" worth 40gg, and each of the four winning "templates" will take home 10gg.

peace,
Tom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kiehl
United States
wynantskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can view some of the current submissions here:
http://www.superpowernosissies.com/games/idkwdywtp/submissio...

peace,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kiehl
United States
wynantskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
All,
Thanks for those who submitted. I'll be dosing out your geek gold shortly. Also, there is unclaimed gold that has been "left on the table." As such, and given my current schedule, I'll be accepting additional submissions until June first. At that point I should have a good chunk of time to update the card generation application. Thanks again to all the submitters and thanks for your patience as you wait for the next release.

peace,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Kiehl
United States
wynantskill
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OK, so this has been really slow in coming thanks to numerous factors outside my control, as well as my own delinquencies.

With only three submissions, there isn't any point in voting. Congratulations to:
-mr.codepoet
-cdfrisco
-xombe

You should each see an extra 10gg in your account.

As for "box cover" artwork, I'll be holding the previously earmarked 40gg in escrow for the first person who submits something I like.

News on the next release coming "soon."

peace,
Tom

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
VANCOUVER
WA
flag msg tools
designer
48 hour turnaround time for Prototypes!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, when is "soon"? Can I still submit stuff?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.