Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] florida [+] [View All]
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We'll be visiting friends there this week (and bringing them a bunch of new games) and I was wondering where the best source of supply for them would be if they end up wanting more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Something in here:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/120302

or here:

http://www.gamestoredb.com/

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest thing to a game store we have in Palm Beach County is "Past, Present, Future Comics" located in West Palm Beach on Military Trail between Southern and Okeechobee. Their phone number is 561-697-2554. They have a decent selection, but the staff is not particularly knowledgeable.

During the holidays there is usually a "Go! The Game Store" at Boynton Beach Mall.

There is a store in Fort Lauderdale called "Dragon's Lair." I have never been there, so can't give a first hand impression, but their web site can be found at http://www.adventuregamestore.com/. I would hesitate to send newbies there, though, since the page about their move mentions that they are remodeling their bathroom ("finally" in their words) and that brings up visions of the stereotypical game store, if you know what I mean.

If your friends end up looking for gamers, we have a group that meets at our house in Wellington most Saturdays, including this one. We start at 4 p.m. and I make dinner (arroz con pollo this week). If you and/or your friends are interested in attending this week, please let me know. You can also check out the web site listed on my profile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is an old thread. I'll be in West Palm beach next week Tues-Sat and am looking for any current gameing groups that I could visit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Sauberer
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eightbit wrote:
I know this is an old thread. I'll be in West Palm beach next week Tues-Sat and am looking for any current gameing groups that I could visit.

We will be having our usual group session in Wellington starting at 4 p.m. on Saturday. You would be welcome to join us. We usually have about 20-25 gamers.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/palmbeachgamers/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been to Dragon's Lair, but not recently. IIRC the boardgame selection was OK but nothing special. It was more of an RPG/ CCG/ GW type of shop.

Their website says that they've moved to a different storefront in the same strip mall and will be reopening this Sunday. I wonder if it'll be worth checking out.

Side note: How many FLGS's have there been named Dragon's Lair? I used to go to the one up in West Springfield, MA all the time. I think it's closed now, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
The closest thing to a game store we have in Palm Beach County is "Past, Present, Future Comics" located in West Palm Beach on Military Trail between Southern and Okeechobee. Their phone number is 561-697-2554. They have a decent selection, but the staff is not particularly knowledgeable.
I went there 3 times this week (so far). They have about 15 games at 40% off so I keep going back to buy another one. Like Paul said not a big selection but not bad either. It's a very nice, well lit, and clean store. I bought VivaTopo last night and that was a big hit with the kids this morning. They even have a decent amount of game space but no board game events on the schedule. I'm resisting the urge to drive down to Fort Lauderdale. Just to pay retail price for a game I won't get to play on this trip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Schlabach
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to this store yesterday.

Pros-
- still open
- staff slightly helpful
- miniature's open gaming was live (so they have gamers)

Con's-
- mostly comics
- limited selection (but good selection)
- lots of expansion packs, no base sets

Summary - it barely filled my need to grab a quick game to introduce to the family
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim
United States
hudsonville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Psauberer wrote:
eightbit wrote:

We will be having our usual group session in Wellington starting at 4 p.m. on Saturday. You would be welcome to join us. We usually have about 20-25 gamers.

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/palmbeachgamers/
I'm in WPB visiting from Michigan. Is this game night happening tomorrow night, March 4? I tried posting to the yahoo group but the page keeps timing out. Are visitors welcome to drop in? If so what is the address?

Thanks,
Tim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colton Tressler
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi, I know this is old, but I was wondering if you still game on Saturdays? I'm kind of new to board gaming (I've played Relic, own Horus Heresy [obviously I'm a 40k nerd]) and was wanting to get into more of those type of games. I'd really like to swing by, maybe I can get a pizza or two (or three).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls