Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No preamble this time. Let's get on with the trading.

Please make sure to read through all the rules and pay attention to all posted dates/times. You MUST have a Canadian mailing address to participate in this Math Trade.

For anyone new to Math Trades be sure to check out the following thread for a video tutorial on math trades.

Math Trade Video Tutorials

Trade GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Spring 2016 Edition

Request GeekList: Canadian Math Trade - Spring 2016 Edition - Requests

Submissions Dates/Times:

Posting Games: Wednesday May 18th 6:00 PM EDT to Thursday May 26th 11:00 PM EDT

Want List Submissions: Thursday May 26th 11:00 PM EDT to Sunday May 29th 11:00 PM EDT

Results posted shortly thereafter.

Rules (Please read carefully):

1. Board Games, RPG's, Video Games and items outside the scope of BGG are all permitted.

2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person. Gift Certificate and GeekGold arbitrage is NOT allowed. Neither are cash offerings.

Each Gift Certificate recipient is required to pay any and all fees due to BGG. Check out the following link for full info: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

3. Non-game entries must be added using "Outside the Scope of BGG" (Game ID 23953). Make sure to use the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item for it to properly show up in the OLWLG.

4. You must describe the condition of your games as accurately as possible. This includes both the box and it's contents.

5. You must clearly state the editions and languages of all games posted. Do not just state "edition as posted", as pictures do not show up in the OLWLG.

6. You shall be required to cover full shipping to any location within Canada.

7. Do NOT delete any entries after they have been submitted. Just include a blank wantlist for that particular item instead.

8. Please do NOT include links to any other games (or items) in your entries, so that they are not misleadingly displayed as sweeteners in the OLWLG.

9. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) is required for submissions. Refer to the following document for help: http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

10. If you have been reported as a bad trader, do NOT try to participate. Any entries made will be removed.

11. Any other questions or issues, just ask.

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Thursday, May 26th, 11:00 PM EDT
Deadline-Wants: Sunday, May 29th, 11:00 PM EDT
%End%
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved #1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Per aspera ad astra.
badge
I'm complately nermal.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!! Glad to see a Canadian one run again (last one was 3-4 years ago...). Hopefully I don't mess up too badly adding things...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K P
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just curious - can anybody give a ballpark for how much shipping usually costs for an average-sized game box within Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I have some nice trade bait this time around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ketanp wrote:

Just curious - can anybody give a ballpark for how much shipping usually costs for an average-sized game box within Canada?

I plan for $15-20. Sometimes it's a little less than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Beliveau
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Glad to see a Canadian one run again (last one was 3-4 years ago...).

Wasn't the last one in December/January?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
iklinck wrote:
ketanp wrote:

I plan for $15-20. Sometimes it's a little less than that.

Same; I assume $20 and am usually pleasantly surprised (to the tune of $2-3 per box).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox wrote:
2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person.

Hey Ox, may I just confirm that one is allowed to list multiple GCs within the one entry (using the "%options%" function)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
Cannibal Ox wrote:
2. There is a limit of one (1) Gift Certificate entry and one (1) Geek Gold entry per person.

Hey Ox, may I just confirm that one is allowed to list multiple GCs within the one entry (using the "%options%" function)?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ajbeliveau wrote:
Quote:

I believe so. And I've participated in at least 8 Canadian Math Trades within the last 3 years, and there were a couple/few that I didn't. Perhaps the quoted statement "(last one was 3-4 years ago...)" was meant to say 3-4 months ago?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Prince
Canada
Lacombe
AB
flag msg tools
I'm holding out for a Euro 'til the end of the ni-ight...
badge
Misumena vatia
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephanie's Math Trade Law: you will be unable to find the games you want in any math trades. Once you give up and purchase them at retail, they will automatically appear in the next math trade.

Grrrrr.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Canada
Stratford
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to participate but reading through the tutorials and such make it seem like taking part in a math trade is fairly complicated.gulp Going to take a closer look tonight though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Beliveau
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
I'd like to participate but reading through the tutorials and such make it seem like taking part in a math trade is fairly complicated

Rahdo's walk through of Math Trades was pretty good for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA-hiERrMk8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon of blood wrote:
I'd like to participate but reading through the tutorials and such make it seem like taking part in a math trade is fairly complicated.gulp Going to take a closer look tonight though.

There are many here who will happily help you if you have questions! Check out the various walkthroughs.

The basic concept is:

(1) List all of your games in the geeklist, one game per geeklist item (or you can combine multiple games in a geeklist item if you think that trading that combination of games together is better - often done with games & expansions, or smaller games).

(2) For each of your geeklist items, decide which other geeklist items you will trade it for, one geeklist item for one geeklist item. (i.e. If I have listed item X, and I say I want A, B, C, and D, then I could get A, B, C, or D, or nothing, but never more than one of them in exchange for X. If I've listed X, Y, and Z, and say that I want A, B, C, and D for each of them, I could get 0, 1, 2, or 3 of the things I wanted, but always on a 1-for-1 basis.

(3) Make sure you submit your want list during the submission period! (There will be reminders on this thread.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can EVERYONE check their entries to make sure they've included game languages, conditions and editions (where applicable)? I'm getting TIRED of constantly geekmailing people to include the missing information.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom in Toronto
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bare minimum is $15, with Canada Post standard (slow) parcel shipping, unless it's under 2cm in 1 dimension, in which case you could try and slip it into lettermail, but that would be pretty unlikely.

Anyone know of any canadapost shipping discounts, group discounts, etc?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dragon of blood wrote:

I was not a believer that I could figure this out, but I did and you can too! it really is quite easy but not as easy or appealing as Abecorn. All I would really say is that it is a little time consuming to get going with it, but as for difficulty level its not bad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Thyssen
Canada
Sparta
ON
flag msg tools
adamthyssen.com
badge
adamthyssen.com
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_skills wrote:
Bare minimum is $15, with Canada Post standard (slow) parcel shipping, unless it's under 2cm in 1 dimension, in which case you could try and slip it into lettermail, but that would be pretty unlikely.

You can save a couple of bucks per shipment using PayPal's shipping tools, but it requires a sock-puppet account or a generous friend to do so.

Normally, you can only use their shipping discount for purchases made through PayPal. But if your sock-puppet or your generous friend sends you a payment of $0.01, you can use that to ship by editing the ship-to address.

It's a pain, but if you're cheap like me, the benefits outweigh the extra work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Fort St James
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
mr_skills wrote:

There's the small business discount program, which used to be called Venture One.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
Per aspera ad astra.
badge
I'm complately nermal.
mbmbmbmbmb
ajbeliveau wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, the last one I participated in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cannibal Ox,
How often is the Want List generator refreshed? I'm dying to start making my wants.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
Cannibal Ox,
How often is the Want List generator refreshed? I'm dying to start making my wants.

Thanks!

Once or twice a day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mochara C
Canada
Thunder Bay
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Oh man, some joker deleted some entries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark etwell
Canada
Aurora
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It wasn't me but we tested deleting items in a match trade last month and it didnot have any negative impacts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.