4 Posts

Mansions of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Turn sequencing (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Paul Parmakson
msg tools
Dear fellow mansioners

I recently played my first game of Mansions of Madness as a keeper, choosing 1B scenario and beating investigators quite big, especially because they lost interest in spaces with weapons when they were right behind the lock and the only starting weapon, Dynamite, was wasted on a maniac with 2 samples.
(regarding samples per monster, are there any limits? We couldn't find any)
Because I beat them right before event 3 with 10 hp on my Shoggoth, then I have a question about turns regarding "keeper turn summary" on pg 6 of the rulebook. In the end it says "At the end of the keeper's turn, the investigators may once again each take one turn." Because of the ambiguous meaning i can't understand, if that means the turn sequencing is I-K-I-K-I-K or I-K-I-I-K-I, where I represents investigators' turn and K keeper's turn. Can anyone help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
The investigators each take a turn. Then the keeper takes a turn. Then the investigators each take a turn. Then the keeper takes a turn. For example, if the investigators are Joe Diamond, Gloria Goldberg, and Harvey Walters, then one possible turn sequence would be J-G-H-K-G-H-J-K.

That line in the rulebook sounds poorly-written. It should be taken to mean that the keeper's turn is followed by a series of investigator turns. It should not be taken to mean that the final phase of the keeper's turn consists of a string of "bonus" investigator turns nested within the keeper turn. "At the end" should read "After the end".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Paul Parmakson
msg tools
Thanks for the reply, at least we played correctly. The way FFG had written the investigators' turns to be within the keeper's turn seemed quite odd indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, there is no limit to the amount of samples a monster can carry. When the monster is killed, though, all samples it was carrying are removed from the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.