Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
eric Reeder
United States
Crete
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey all I'm visiting Denver for a day or two and I'm looking for a good gaming store, hate to drive all over when I don't know the town to look for the best one, any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Heilman
United States
Denver
CO
flag msg tools
nerthas wrote:
Hey all I'm visiting Denver for a day or two and I'm looking for a good gaming store, hate to drive all over when I don't know the town to look for the best one, any recommendations?

Nothing has an absolutely amazing selection where you're likely to find complete obscurities, as far as I know...

Given that, the Wizard's Chest would probably be the one store I would send someone to, just because it's such a big production of a place:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-wizards-chest-denver

There are also two Enchanted Grounds gaming cafes to check out, one in Highlands Ranch, one in Littleton. Both are nice and carry a nice selection of hobby games.

Enjoy your visit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Chambers
United States
Walsenburg (soon Trinidad)
Colorado
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Colorado here I come! Family, hopefully real soon.
mbmbmb
Wizard's Chest is beyond awesome for much more than games.
Shep's Games is another option in Aurora, not a bad selection and nice people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wizards Chest. I came here just to post this. It's epic.

Another place you may want to go is Black and Read in Arvada. I haven't been to CO in a while so i can't say for sure how it is now, but it's a used book store that has a huge supply of RPG books and I believe board games too, now. Think Half Price Books but way, way better and reasonably priced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerbear
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
1 Million Shogoths Killed and Counting.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are looking for deals than Black and Read. I think everything is at least 15% off. Plus a rotating selection of used games for about half off.

Wizards Chest looks cool, but everything is MRSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Syvanis wrote:
If you are looking for deals than Black and Read. I think everything is at least 15% off. Plus a rotating selection of used games for about half off.

You MUST go to Black and Read.

Black and Read 2 is only open select days, FYI.

I think timewellspentgames.com has warehouse pickup. I don't know what they're doing now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric T
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The TimeWellSpent you remember is gone. It is under new ownership now and in a different part of town.

The new owners seem very enthusiastic but I have yet to make the trip over yet.

FYI
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Crit Castle out in Aurora just had a garage sale this weekend with all sorts of consigned games. They even had a Queen's Gambit for $150...

I'm not sure if they still have all the used games they took in.

It's moved a couple times, if it says anywhere but on the corner of chambers and alameda by the 24 hour fitness, that's the wrong place (I think the listing somehow still shows buckley around by Colfax)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
Syvanis wrote:

You MUST go to Black and Read.

Black and Read 2 is only open select days, FYI.
Black and Read is well worth a trip. They have a ton of games, mostly new, some used.

However, make SURE you go to Black and Read. Not Black and Read 2. The latter is a surplus overrun store for music and books. I don't think it has any games. I only mention it because you don't want to mistakenly take a cab to the wrong one and be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave K
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Love 'em even if a few games get scuttled from time to time.
badge
Meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't been back to Denver for a while now, but I will second/third/whatever all the recommendations for Black & Read. Great selection, prices below MSRP, and a reasonable amount of obscure stuff. They don't have any room to game there, so just go expecting to shop, not to play something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric Reeder
United States
Crete
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you all for the suggestions, I will check out all those, yesterday I stumbled across Denver central games, but very sparse selection.nice people but I'm looking to buy lol. Thanks all again

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls