Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our next episode, Isaac Vega will come on the show to talk about the latest Dead of Winter expansion, Dead of Winter: The Long Night, Ashes and other Plaid Hat Games goodies.

If you have any questions you'd like us to ask him, please post here and we'll do our best to get them in the show.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Perna

New Jersey
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Isaac, tell us - how do you contain so much awesome in one place?

Wait, maybe not. I'll keep my fanboy-ing to our podcast instead.

How about "What's one thing from any of your games that deep down you know you HAD to be cut, but you loved it so much that you fought to keep in?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Karpus
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1-Any comments about the Sci-Fi crossroads game that was talked about last year?

2-Favorite snack while gaming?

3-Favorite filler?

4-What game have you wanted to play for the longest time and have yet to play because hard to get or no one wants to play?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the last game you played that was way better than you expected it to be, and what made it so good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Risley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- Any Game you wish you had designed?
- Any favorite game mechanic that you haven't used yet?
- Favorite flavor of MoonPie?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ from Board Game Gumbo

Lafayette
Louisiana
msg tools
badge
www.boardgamegumbo.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys had an amazing show with Rob D. Kudos for keeping the show fun and informative. Makes me want to play SeaFall RIGHT NOW. Here ate a few Q's for Isaac:

How does he like to gather feedback from playtesters? Notes from the players or watching the games quietly himself?

If he had three hours, would he rather play one awesome but three hour board game, or would he rather four-to-six awesome shorter games in that time frame?

Does he have a game group completely outside of Plaid Hat games, and if so, why aren't Marty or Tony invited? Actually, if so, how does he juggle work versus playing for fun?

Does he know the opening line of "Luka?"

And of course, the inevitable debate -- best snack -- Moon Pies or Beignets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt franz
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
Cardboard Carnage Podcast
mbmbmbmbmb
Which character in your two hits most resembles you?

What is your favorite amusement park ride?

If you designed a game about the Hatfields and the mccoys, what kind of game would it be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Other Guy
Microbadge: Rolling Dice & Taking Names FanMicrobadge: Strike fanMicrobadge: 2019 RPG Geek Play-by-Forum Initiative participantMicrobadge: North Carolina State UniversityMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
Why do I suck at this game?

What is your plan to to manage the Violinist meta going on?

Will Plaid Hat be releasing their own upgraded markers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damcree wrote:

1. Play more
2. Kill the violinist
3. I'm curious but I bet not. Not even FFG tries to compete with Team Covenant
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Other Guy
Microbadge: Rolling Dice & Taking Names FanMicrobadge: Strike fanMicrobadge: 2019 RPG Geek Play-by-Forum Initiative participantMicrobadge: North Carolina State UniversityMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
wolfpackee wrote:
damcree wrote:

1. Play more
2. Kill the violinist
I don't see the words Isaac Vega in your BGG name...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty Connell
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damcree wrote:
wolfpackee wrote:
damcree wrote:

1. Play more
2. Kill the violinist
I don't see the words Isaac Vega in your BGG name...
Because those questions aren't worthy of Isaacs time...well maybe the first one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been debating asking this question because of its controversial nature, but I think it is worth having this discussion:

The upcoming DOW expansion includes characters who identify as minorities (including a trans-gendered character). Isaac has stated publicly that he feels it is important for gamers of all types be represented in games. The rights of minorities (esp. Trans-gendered Americans) have been a point of heated debate in recent months. Has Isaac himself felt any pressure from consumers or publishers to edit potentially controversial content from his games before? Has there been any backlash from consumers regarding the DOW expansion?

Why is it important for games to be conscientious of topics such as gender, race, and sexual identity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Risley
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scottatlaw wrote:
I've been debating asking this question because of its controversial nature, but I think it is worth having this discussion:

The upcoming DOW expansion includes characters who identify as minorities (including a trans-gendered character). Isaac has stated publicly that he feels it is important for gamers of all types be represented in games. The rights of minorities (esp. Trans-gendered Americans) have been a point of heated debate in recent months. Has Isaac himself felt any pressure from consumers or publishers to edit potentially controversial content from his games before? Has there been any backlash from consumers regarding the DOW expansion?

Why is it important for games to be conscientious of topics such as gender, race, and sexual identity?
Edit: Rewritten to be more clear.

Don't worry about him being offended. He's been asked this before, and did very well with answering it the time I heard. I'm looking forward to hearing him talk about it again. I don't own his games, but I'm a fan of him as a person.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Berent
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's your favorite/most memorable experience from playing DOW?

Are you related to Vincent Vega, from Pulp Fiction? whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MikeRisley wrote:
scottatlaw wrote:

Edit: Rewritten to be more clear.

Don't worry about him being offended. He's been asked this before, and did very well with answering it the time I heard. I'm looking forward to hearing him talk about it again. I don't own his games, but I'm a fan of him as a person.
I'm not worried about Isaac being offended. However, I do worry about crossing that line into Religion/Politics. I happen to support PHG's decision to do this kind of thing, but I've not heard any interviews discussing possible push back and I am curious to hear more about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony McRee
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
The Other Guy
Last call guys, will need to prep before tomorrow night's interview, so please get them in by 4pm on 6/8. That is Eastern Time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls