Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Ogre» Forums » General

Subject: Rules for Ninja, Vulcan, Combat Engineers, and Heavy Weapons Teams? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any updates on these rules? Anything official or even semi-official?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

There are hints every now and then on the SJ Games forums, or here, or at cons. Things are happening, but a little slowly. I'm confident we'll get all this, just not now.

There *are* rules for all these, CEs and HWTs are in Shockwave, I think, and there's more in Ogre Miniatures, online, and in The Ogre Book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andreww wrote:
Things are happening, but a little slowly.

(smirk) The understatement is strong with this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just barely over four years since the KS was funded, still plenty of time before heat death. Some of the available energy will surely go into the completion of the Ogre line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Barnes
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you post these rules, Andrew?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Humph, I was wrong. All those goodies are not in Shockwave. That's what I get for posting based on memory.

Shockwave is not currently available from Warehouse23.com, and is offered at stupidly high prices on eBay and Amazon. It adds LGEVs, Missile Crawlers, SHVYs, GEV-PCs, Marines, Lasers, Buildings, and some great scenarios, but no HWTs or CEs.

Ogre Battlefields is not currently available anywhere online at any price. It adds Combat Engineers, Militia, and some great scenarios.

I guess HWTs were added in Ogre Miniatures. That's available as a PDF and is not a bad book to own, since it has a lot of interesting rules easily adapted to the board game. There's an online draft of HWT rules at http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/new-units/

The Ogre Ninja's rules have changed over the years. It's covered in Ogre Miniatures, but there are also rules here: http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/resources/record/ninja.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Remember that if you pledged the Kickstarter that a PDF of Ogre Miniatures was included at most lives, along with some other Ogre PDFs. If you have those look around within them, lots of good stuff.

Someone also wrote a history of Ogre products, a fairly detailed PDF. https://drive.google.com/viewerng/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Andrew is correct.

The most complete set of rules for these units, although not official for ODE, is in Ogre Miniatures. That, along with Battlefields, will cover most uses for a gamer. The conversion from Ogre Miniatures to hex game is easy (2" = 1 hex). Most of the KS supporter levels (non-Car Wars or tip level) received a pdf of Ogre Miniatures as a download from W23. If you have not gotten that, you owe it to yourself to do so. The Ninja, Vulcan, HWTs, and to a lesser degree Combat Engineers, are all detailed there. (Not to mention Militia, Archaic Units, Revetments, Light Artillery Drones, Radar, Jam Screens, etc!). It is reasonable to consider those rules a 'working draft' for ODE.

Battlefields is much tougher to come by, although does show up periodically on EBay or other resellers such as Noble Knight. A deeper presentation of Combat Engineers may be found there.

Obviously everything about the KS has been slower than planned, but life has a way of interfering with even the best laid plans. Additional discussion about the Ninja may be found here: forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=38441

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you didn't pledge the KS OM is $10 on warehouse23.com. That's a lot cheaper than picking up Ogre Battlefields. Plus you get the crazy rules for embedding Ogre weapons in fortified buildings, some cool photos, and a lot of other stuff.

Just remember that SHVY rules and, I think, the Mark VI specs were modified after OM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T K
msg tools
FanMade iterations with Line Art on FanMade Unit Record cards painstakingly and passionately crafted based from the original NINJA and it's background material are available here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128248274@N05/sets/72157650555...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elstree
United States
State College
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference, it looks like the current versions of the rules-in-progress for these units are available here:
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/new-units/

However, there is no official pdf compilation of these posted at SJG yet. If anyone has a working pdf version, say formatted and dressed up to match the style of the Ogre rules, I would love to have a copy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Elstree wrote:
For reference, it looks like the current versions of the rules-in-progress for these units are available here:
http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/new-units/

However, there is no official pdf compilation of these posted at SJG yet. If anyone has a working pdf version, say formatted and dressed up to match the style of the Ogre rules, I would love to have a copy...

The final version of these rules will be presented in the revised rulebook (with official formatting!) that will come with the expansion set, Battlefields. We are planning a Kickstarter early next year for the release of that set. Be sure to subscribe to our Newsletter for updates here: sjgames.com/ogre if you have not already.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Lewis
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew,

Any chance all of these new KS might be ready for public viewing at Origins 2018? Already have my hotel booked for the week. Really looking forward to this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.