Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] [View All]
Alan Turniansky
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
I am moving to Baltimore soon. What is the situation there regarding places to buy games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a list we're building of area games stores:

http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/GameStores.asp

Also check out the rest of the website for over 30 area gaming locations and special events!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
That list might not help you much, especially if you don't know the layout of Maryland. "Baltimore" is a nebulous term that could mean the city, the county, a large 50mi radius circle surrounding the city proper, or the area between Baltimore and Washington DC.

So the question really is where are you moving to? Then we could narrow down some stores that will be around you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
In the Baltimore area there are not that many traditional game stores.

the ones I use are:
Renaissance games in Fallston
Legends in Towson (still there?)
Games, Comics and stuff in Glen Burnie
The family game store in Savage Mills shopping center.

Also the Hobby Works both in Laurel and Bel Air sell games.

Also know that if you order online that orders with standard shipping from gamesurplus.com will arrive very quickly, over nite sometimes depending on the time of day of the order.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Efland
NC
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Legends appears to still be there. I've never been, but I ate dinner across the street from it last night and I was noticing it.... By the way, a couple of really good sushi places right near there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Mittelstedt
United States
Hampstead
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Isn't Legends that game store that [used to be] in the basement, er, ground floor of the Towson Town Center? Is it still in the mall at that location?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Broh-Kahn
United States
Phoenix
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I frequent both Legends and Renaissance Games. Both are well stocked with a good selection, and deserving of your support. Like all gaming stores in the 21st century, there is a smaller emphasis on board games (my forte) and a larger emphasis on "something else"

I am personally amazed that Legends can survive where it is: At a great location on a major thoroughfare in the county seat. I surmise they get a lot of walk in traffic, as there are a lot of universities and colleges "nearby"

Renaissance Games has the opposite problem. If you didn't know exactly where it was, you'd never find it.

And welcome to Baltimore, Hon!

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antigonus Monophthalmus
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Where in Baltimore? I'm from Howard County and live in the city (school) and I usually frequent The family game store in Savage Mills (which is about a 30 minute drive) for their Sat. board game nights. It's a wonderful store. Pretty much all board games, friendly service, the board game nights are always popular, in a good area (same building as Ram's Head Tavern!), with MSRP prices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sue Hemberger

Washington
Dist of Columbia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No game advice -- just food. Patisserie Poupon (French bakery) and Helmand (Afghani restaurant). Both downtown(ish).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Turniansky
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
BugLaden wrote:
That list might not help you much, especially if you don't know the layout of Maryland. "Baltimore" is a nebulous term that could mean the city, the county, a large 50mi radius circle surrounding the city proper, or the area between Baltimore and Washington DC.

So the question really is where are you moving to? Then we could narrow down some stores that will be around you.
Fair question. I've become used to just saying "Baltimore" to my friends who don't know the area (I'm currently living in Florida).

Pikesville, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
You are closest to towson. Fallston and savage are both about 30 - 40 min away.

Too bad the Armory is no longer a retail place.

-M

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take joy from your wins; take lessons from your losses.
United States
Davidsonville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
    I used to drive down from Harrisburg for the Armory.

I'd recommend GamesSurplus.com for purchases. Go to http://www.gamesclubofmd.org/Locations.asp to find players in the area (although none of the locations are very close to Pikesville), and keep an ear out here for game news.

Games Club of Maryland would be more than willing to hook you up if you want to host your own games night. They're in three different states now, believe it or not. A location on the northwest end of Baltimore would be a clutch addition.

Sag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian rosenberg
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
There is a brand new store in Baltimore:

www.cantongames.com

Just opened a few weeks ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt schmaltz
United States
alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
New store just opened in Pikesville - Northwest Baltimore about a mile from 695.

https://www.facebook.com/thegamehavenmd

Board game days scheduled all day on Saturdays currently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls