Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
If you see the icon

in steps 3 and 4 those are items you "want" (ie. you added them in step 3) that on BGG their item listed have been edited by their owner(s) since you added them.

This is only for edits made on BGG to the item itself... not any comments on the item.

When viewing items in step 3 (such as when clicking on the shopping cart icon) for items you added that have been edited you'll now see a side by side view of the item listing both as it is now and what it was at the time you added it.

One way to "mark" that you've seen whatever change(s) there were to the item is to click on the green check mark (in 1st column for the item) and then click "save".

Additionally in step 4 there will be a link that will bring up a step 3 view of just the items you want that have been edited... and below the table will be an "Accept Changes" button.

Note that once you've marked item(s) so they are no longer flagged as having been edited that if the item owner(s) edit the item(s) again you will get a fresh warning.

Please report any problems with this here in this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Just added things to my wishlist in a current MT. Now it displays this:

An offer that I added some hours ago doesn't show any change like that.

P.S.: The geeklist was locked already. There shouldn't have been any changes to the geeklist items possible, so this must be an error.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
A skinned math nerd wrote:
Just added things to my wishlist in a current MT. Now it displays this:
An offer that I added some hours ago doesn't show any change like that.

weird, checking that MT for just you when you added those items the edit date timestamp for those items got stored as "Alt" (it should be a multi-digit number, ie. a unix time in seconds since 1970)

could be you added those items before I fully implemented this feature and there was a bug... I'm going to check wants for other MT's to see if any others have that, as well as see if I can tell how "Alt" would have got set there....

... but in any case I've changed the code to ignore any non-numeric value in that field, hope that gets rid of the extraneous warnings for you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
It might have clashed with the other bug, no idea. I'm not concerned about this, just want to pass on what I'm finding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has the "this is the old listing" ever been implemented?

When I used it for the first time today (first time in a long time I added items before the list was closed) it showed the same thing as the image upthread, where the "this is the old listing" box was blank.

Without knowing what the old listing was, some of the value of this tool is lost. For example, my current practice is to assign a value to the items as I add them, but I don't click any items to add just yet. So if it pops up as being changed, I can't see what value I gave it.

To use an easy example, if there is a $30 GC that is now listed as being edited, I can see on that screen that it is a $30 GC, but I don't know if it WAS a $50 GC, or if they just added in an extra condition or something. If I knew it was always a $30 GC, I don't have to worry. Otherwise, I need to check my valuation and see that I didn't value it at a higher level.

This way I can see at a quick glance if I need to adjust anything at all about it, or just keep it the way it is.

I assume that was the intended functionality, at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.