Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
Microbadge: I spend more time on BGG than playing games!Microbadge: 2017 Secret Santa participant Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2017Microbadge: 2017 Christmas Card Exchange participant
Re: Looking for volunteer MT organizer to test on their next MT using item id's for "lot" names
hestiansun wrote:
What exactly do I need to do to enable it?
A few posts up:
JeffyJeff wrote:
A skinned math nerd wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
I added support years ago for this but never ran a real MT to really test it.
I wanted to use this feature in a current Math trade right now, but didn't understand how to enable it from the information found in this thread. Is it some hidden switch, or did I miss it somehow?
it's in a part of the "edit info" script but a part only I can see/check boxes in (which also includes marking a MT as "mock", the experimental "priority distance" and "games first" style MT's, hiding a MT from step 2)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2019Microbadge: The Chosen One - A Chain of Generosity winnerMicrobadge: Thumbs up for the 2018 Geek Supporter Drive Rummage-O-RamaMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
Re: Looking for volunteer MT organizer to test on their next MT using item id's for "lot" names
hestiansun wrote:
What exactly do I need to do to enable it?
A few posts up:
JeffyJeff wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
I added support years ago for this but never ran a real MT to really test it.
I wanted to use this feature in a current Math trade right now, but didn't understand how to enable it from the information found in this thread. Is it some hidden switch, or did I miss it somehow?
it's in a part of the "edit info" script but a part only I can see/check boxes in (which also includes marking a MT as "mock", the experimental "priority distance" and "games first" style MT's, hiding a MT from step 2)
Right - I know JeffyJeff has to do something that only he can see. I wasn't sure if I had to set up the other stuff in some way as well.

I'll just wait on JeffyJeff to do whatever he needs to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
yes, let me know (or I may just remember) when you start/submit to olwlg the MT (looks like you are still running worldwide promo MT)

after we get everything working with item id's (vs. ordinal #'s) I'll make the option available generally (I may even add another option in the %options% block for the MT)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Jack Vasel Memorial Fund auction participant - 2019Microbadge: The Chosen One - A Chain of Generosity winnerMicrobadge: Thumbs up for the 2018 Geek Supporter Drive Rummage-O-RamaMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
JeffyJeff wrote:
yes, let me know (or I may just remember) when you start/submit to olwlg the MT (looks like you are still running worldwide promo MT)

after we get everything working with item id's (vs. ordinal #'s) I'll make the option available generally (I may even add another option in the %options% block for the MT)
Ok. I just submitted it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Pet loverMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the WeekMicrobadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: Game Group Organizer
hestiansun wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Ok. I just submitted it.
fwiw the gensummary script is working.... for your MT it currently generates:
Quote:
# Geeklist: Atlanta Game Swap Meet (Oct 20th 2018) No-Ship Math Trade
# Summary generated: Sun Sep 2 18:18:18 2018
6352853 ==> "CV" (from LostDice)
6352860 ==> "Bite Night" (from LostDice)
6352861 ==> "All Queens Chess" (from LostDice)
6352863 ==> "Helden in der Unterwelt" (from LostDice)
6352870 ==> "Zombies!!!" (from LostDice)
6352871 ==> "Flash Point: Fire Rescue" (from LostDice)
6352873 ==> "Campaign Manager 2008" (from LostDice)
6352875 ==> "ROBiTs" (from LostDice)
6352876 ==> "Firefly: The Game" (from LostDice)
6352878 ==> "Break the Safe" (from LostDice)
6352883 ==> "Tales & Games: Baba Yaga" (from LostDice)
6352888 ==> "Der schwarze Pirat: Das Duell" (from LostDice)
6352891 ==> "Scrutineyes Junior" (from LostDice)
6352898 ==> "Spooky Stairs" (from LostDice)
6352905 ==> "Order Up" (from LostDice)
6352909 ==> "Banana Party" (from LostDice)
6352917 ==> "Lord of the Rings: The Duel" (from LostDice)
6352924 ==> "The Hunger Games: District 12 Strategy Game" (from LostDice)
6352931 ==> "Bugs & Co" (from LostDice)
6352937 ==> "Nacho Loco" (from LostDice)
6352960 ==> "Ubongo Mini" (from LostDice)
6352966 ==> "Innovation" (from LostDice)
6352970 ==> "Snowstorm" (from LostDice)
6352974 ==> "Rechen-Piraten" (from LostDice)
6353015 ==> "Viva Topo!" (from LostDice)
6353029 ==> "Enchanted Forest" (from LostDice)
6353380 ==> "Ahead in the Clouds" (from bcseda)
6353399 ==> "Arkham Horror: The Card Game – Undimensioned and Unseen: Mythos Pack" (from bcseda)
6353406 ==> "BOO" (from bcseda)
6353417 ==> "Burano" (from bcseda)
6353424 ==> "Doomtown: Reloaded" (from bcseda)
6353432 ==> "Golem Academy" (from bcseda)
6353456 ==> "High Frontier" (from bcseda)
6353482 ==> "Lord of the Rings" (from bcseda)
6353509 ==> "Small World" (from bcseda)
6353578 ==> "Dr. Eureka" (from bcseda)
6353585 ==> "Spyfall" (from bcseda)
6353587 ==> "Loopin' Chewie" (from bcseda)
6353837 ==> "Bears!" (from leisenstein)
I think for a MT using item id's though that I'll remove the "generate summary" step and just have the getwants script generate it each time right into the wants file (the TM input). There is no need for the summary during the want list submission period which was only needed before to know the lot names (which is now just the item id).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
fwiw I just completed the mock math trade using item id's .... the trades-summary script I didn't have to make any changes to... both the mostwanted and "who wanted mine" scripts I had to tweak... mainly turning several arrays into hash tables... turns out even though perl's arrays are "sparse" it wasn't spare enough apparently.

Matt's trade is going to be over later tonight, that will be a bigger test... 297 items by 13 users vs. only 21 items by 6 of us (2 of which didn't submit their want lists)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
JeffyJeff wrote:
fwiw I just completed the mock math trade using item id's .... the trades-summary script I didn't have to make any changes to... both the mostwanted and "who wanted mine" scripts I had to tweak... mainly turning several arrays into hash tables... turns out even though perl's arrays are "sparse" it wasn't spare enough apparently.

Matt's trade is going to be over later tonight, that will be a bigger test... 297 items by 13 users vs. only 21 items by 6 of us (2 of which didn't submit their want lists)
Hopefully it all works out well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
Uh...JeffyJeff?

It looks like, uh, nothing.

Can you please take a look at the wants file? It looks like it's not reading the official wants - but I know I added it. It shouldn't have let me even turn on submissions without loading them.

#pragma user "1hooman"
# Confirmation code: QrGkUgjRAj7o8qhv9SCYdg
# Thu Oct 18 16:55:33 2018

(1hooman) missing-official : missing-official missing-official missing-official missing-official

(1hooman) missing-official : missing-official missing-official missing-official missing-official

(1hooman) missing-official :

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
arghhhhhhh! I guess no one checked the step 4 tab that shows the TradeMax "official format"... and that includes me weird as it went fine with my mock trade... I'm tracking it down now.... I think I may have found the problem.... at some point it looks like "Use Item Id's for Lot Names" got unchecked!!! and that's probably my fault... since it's a superuser (me) check box when you edited the mt to turn on the want list submission it must have got turned off.... and yup, turning that back on the "official format" is correct

looks like only 10 users submitted... your and 9 others... I just nuked the fubar submissions... any chance you could see how many folks could just go back in and submit again? I've turned on submissions again...

... I can go in and manually "login" to each of the users (who previously submitted) who don't submit within next X amount of time (an hour?)

damn part of the reason for the timing of my mock trade was to make sure I had everything in place for your real MT

I'm going to change the edit mt script to make the use item ids available to organizers (don't edit the mt until I do that )

ps: actually the generated (or an uploaded) summary isn't used for a "use item ids" MT... guess I didn't disable it on the edit mt script. the reason is that in theory when using item ids if for some reason after want list submission window is opened and folks have submitted that you need to sync the geeklist with the olwlg again it won't matter if someone deleted an item... as such the "getwants" script generates the summary itself each time you run that script
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
with using item id's here are some things we could look into doing...

in theory we could even from the start of the mt turn on want list submissions making it more flexible for folks... only problem would be with folks changing their items on the geeklist in a way that may make the folks who submitted already want to remove the items from their want lists... I could add code to automatically remove such items until the user has looked at the before/after changed items and re-confirm

I'm also looking into an easier way to do a "leftovers" math trade... which could be as easy as the organizer unlocking the geeklist and the olwlg automatically hiding all items that were traded

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
JeffyJeff wrote:
with using item id's here are some things we could look into doing...

in theory we could even from the start of the mt turn on want list submissions making it more flexible for folks... only problem would be with folks changing their items on the geeklist in a way that may make the folks who submitted already want to remove the items from their want lists... I could add code to automatically remove such items until the user has looked at the before/after changed items and re-confirm

I'm also looking into an easier way to do a "leftovers" math trade... which could be as easy as the organizer unlocking the geeklist and hiding all items that were traded
I think the first is really tricky for the reason you say - people modifying entries after the fact.

I definitely like the idea of the second one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level I - One small step for geek... One giant leap for geek-kind!Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level II - If I have seen further, it's only by standing on the apex of other's dice.Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level III - Are we geeks because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are geeks?Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level IV - The journey of a thousand crits begins with a single roll...
JeffyJeff wrote:
'm also looking into an easier way to do a "leftovers" math trade... which could be as easy as the organizer unlocking the geeklist and the olwlg automatically hiding all items that were traded
Crikey! We'll soon be in "perpetual trading" territory

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
enoon wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:
'm also looking into an easier way to do a "leftovers" math trade... which could be as easy as the organizer unlocking the geeklist and the olwlg automatically hiding all items that were traded
Crikey! We'll soon be in "perpetual trading" territory
The irony was not lost on me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Structural EngineerMicrobadge: Indiana Jones fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Terminator fanMicrobadge: Ghost Stories fan
JeffyJeff wrote:
(jeffyjeff) 1167579 : 1884653
(jeffyjeff) 1202657 :
(jeffyjeff) 1261348 : 2616168
Okay... I get that it would be nice to be able to re-sync after wantlists were open, but...

This seems like it would make it a complete bear to modify someone's wantlists manually (Remove an arbitrage attempt, etc), which I've had to do on several occasions.

Is there a middle ground? Id numbers with a few letters for easy item recognition/distinction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
waleslie wrote:
This seems like it would make it a complete bear to modify someone's wantlists manually (Remove an arbitrage attempt, etc), which I've had to do on several occasions.
fwiw for each actual want list I added a comment on line immediately before with the name of the offering

Quote:
Is there a middle ground? Id numbers with a few letters for easy item recognition/distinction?
well if those letters are based on the name of the offering it suffers the partly the same problem as before... if name of the offering changes so does the generated name.

I had a thought that the OLWLG could actually do away with numbers all together and could generate the lot name the 1st time the OLWLG sees a new item (offering) and store that in the olwlg's db for the MT but that could be confusing as well.

I have been thinking about ways to offer the organizer a way to within a olwlg user interface be able to mark items that will get commented out want list in the generated wants... as well as to mark a user in the mt whose all want lists will be commented out. stay tuned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Leslie
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Structural EngineerMicrobadge: Indiana Jones fanMicrobadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Terminator fanMicrobadge: Ghost Stories fan
Oh crap. I forgot to switch the option to use the older want list styles and now they've got all the item id numbers instead.

It's too late to switch back to the old style now, isn't it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  |