Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: flgs [+] newjersey [+] [View All]
Ken Shin
United States
Paramus
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm near the Princeton area. I tried looking up game stores using the database, but the nearest one was in NYC which I don't think is true.

Are there are good gamestores to buy Eurogames near Princeton?

Thanks.

Mods, feel free to move this thread if it isn't in the right location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Steen
United States
North Haledon
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother who lives in Princeton used to live right down the street from this one:

http://gametrader.tripod.com/

It was a couple years ago, I assume it is still open despite it's poor online presence! When I was there, they had an pretty good selection of games.

If you want further North, (but not NYC) there is Reality's Edge (http://www.realitys-edge.com/) in North Arlington, which is where LudoNJ game group meets every 2nd Saturday of the month--come on up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Munzing
United States
Piscataway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One on the better game stores in NJ is actually near to Princeton. Try The Gamer's Realm. Its on Old Trenton Rd, about 3 miles or so off of Rt 130.

Lot of older. out of print stuiff as well as new.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Evans
United States
West Berlin
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
If you jump on the NJ Turnpike South or take Rt 1 South to Rt 295 South for about 45 minutes you'll hit All Things Fun! on Rt 73 in West Berlin.

We usually stock between 1,200 to 1,800 diferent in-stock boardgames and we have an agressive special order system which allows us to chase down titles from any number of wholesalers.

Let me know if you end up taking the trip!

-Ed

Ed Evans
All Things Fun!
Toys, Games, Comics & Adventure
185 C Route 73 North
West Berlin, NJ 08091
(856)719-1414
www.allthingsfun.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Shanahan
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Let me second the reco for All Things Fun.Best game/card/comic/mini store I've been to...it even smells nice...the game availability there is surprisingly good, when I first walked in, I was shocked...

Ed and his wife run a first class outfit...

EW1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shin
United States
Paramus
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are the prices?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Shanahan
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Prices are pretty much standard retail with fairly regular sales, sometimes at which you can get some good deals.it is a brick and mortar store after all...But the service is great and the folks who run it do an awesome job of providing a great place to shop and play

EW1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DeLarme Landes
United States
Doylestown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just wanted to drop in another plug for All Things Fun, in case anyone's still checking this thread: I stopped in there today for the first time and it is indeed a great place. Bright, cheery, nice selection of games and minis, lots of books and reference materials for RPGers, and a fully stocked comic shop to boot.

And on top of all that, the people working there are really pleasant and helpful (I believe I chatted with one of the owners for a while). I'd love to stop in for one of their open-gaming nights sometime, seems like a fun group.

Well worth a visit!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Creveling
United States
Marietta
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was a frequent visitor to Gamers realm when I lived in Bridgewater (30 minutes north on 206) Also my sister just told me about a new store in somervile not sure of the name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Zurfluh
United States
Cranbury
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am near Princeton as well....and - seriously - there is no good game store nearby.

I don't like Gamer's Realm at all. Even though they have a decent collection (all msrp), they give me the creeps. They don't say hi when I come in. The last time I was there one of the guys burped out really loud standing next to me, while setting up for some mini tournament, another guy walked in the door with his minis and a blood soaked bandage on his thumb, because he almost cut off his finger with a bread knife, plus it smells. There seems to be a lot of war/miniature gaming going on in there. They usually get new releases in pretty fast.

gamesurplus.com out of central Pa. is by far the best place to buy games. You place an order by noon, and you'll have it the next day (most of the time). They are the best to order from if you are anywhere in the NorthEast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Longpre
United States
Wall Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree...they don't go out of their way to make you feel welcome. And you get the impression that you are bothering them when you try to buy something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wes
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I swear by All Things Fun! Also, they have an exceptional staff and customer outreach system. Sign up for their frequent customer program while in-store. You'll get regular info with lots of sales and rebates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls