Jonathan Kitchens
United States
Salem
Virginia
flag msg tools
Re: Math Trade Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) - Discussion, Problem Report, etc thread
Ok... I got my items listed in the OLWLG. I went and picked a few games that I really wanted and made a few offers, but I don't think the offers actually went through. Am I supposed to do anything after I click "save" when finished choosing my games for trade to the other person?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Math Trade Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) - Discussion, Problem Report, etc thread
Bad_Hors3 wrote:
Ok... I got my items listed in the OLWLG. I went and picked a few games that I really wanted and made a few offers, but I don't think the offers actually went through. Am I supposed to do anything after I click "save" when finished choosing my games for trade to the other person?

When the wantlist submission window opens (see the header of the math trade you're in) you'll need to submit your wantlist (the button isn't available until then) - you'll receive a geekmail of your official wants to know you've done it right and just then need to wait for the mod to run TM, check & do things, then declare the trade official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When adding games to Math trade, I get "Invalid Action" error. Any one else seeing this? How to address this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
bharath wrote:
When adding games to Math trade, I get "Invalid Action" error. Any one else seeing this? How to address this?

I didn't have problems a few days ago. If I were going to try to debug this[1], I would want to know:

1. This is using the feature of the OLWLG to add games?
2. Which games list are you using? (e.g. Collection, previous trade)
3. How exactly is that error message presented to you? (Jeff probably recognizes it, but from that description I wouldn't know if it is a server error, OLWLG code error, etc.)

[1] I'm not in that position, but figured more information might help Jeff when he has a chance to look at it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
bharath wrote:

I didn't have problems a few days ago. If I were going to try to debug this[1], I would want to know:

3. How exactly is that error message presented to you? (Jeff probably recognizes it, but from that description I wouldn't know if it is a server error, OLWLG code error, etc.)

[1] I'm not in that position, but figured more information might help Jeff when he has a chance to look at it.

1) I went to http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/
2) Selected Keeping' It Real (Short) leftovers .. math trade "Add Games" button
3) It showed me list of games I marked for Trade.
4) Selected "Add this to Geeklist" button for a game (e.g: 3012, A few Acres of Snow)
5) This starts a new tab in IE and fails with "Invalid Action" message.

Additional Information:
1) It fails 100% and seems like any game I try fails with this error message.
2) It fails even if I choose games submitted in previous MTs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bharath wrote:
peakhope wrote:
bharath wrote:

1) I went to http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/
2) Selected Keeping' It Real (Short) leftovers .. math trade "Add Games" button
3) It showed me list of games I marked for Trade.
4) Selected "Add this to Geeklist" button for a game (e.g: 3012, A few Acres of Snow)
5) This starts a new tab in IE and fails with "Invalid Action" message.

Additional Information:
1) It fails 100% and seems like any game I try fails with this error message.
2) It fails even if I choose games submitted in previous MTs.

I know this doesn't help, but I was just able to add 4 listing to the leftover trade from the previous trade with no problems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bharath Allam
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TedMarshall wrote:

I know this doesn't help, but I was just able to add 4 listing to the leftover trade from the previous trade with no problems.

It worked for me without any issues for many years/math trades as well. This issue started happening for me only recently with Keeping it short Math trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Koutsouris
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

I'm a participant of the swedish math trade that is going on right now, it's my first time using olwlg and I've run in to a problem.

In step three, when I click on "If you would like to view the entire list click here" then I don't get the whole list. It only shows item 1-212 (whereas there are 218 items in the list). I've tried to log out and in and I've tried to use another browser (chrome instead of firefox) but I haven't managed to get around it.

Also, I'm wondering if it is possible to rank the games that I want to trade for? It doesn't seem to be possible but I just want to make sure.

Best regards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
kahunasan wrote:
Hi!

I'm a participant of the swedish math trade that is going on right now, it's my first time using olwlg and I've run in to a problem.

In step three, when I click on "If you would like to view the entire list click here" then I don't get the whole list. It only shows item 1-212 (whereas there are 218 items in the list). I've tried to log out and in and I've tried to use another browser (chrome instead of firefox) but I haven't managed to get around it.

Also, I'm wondering if it is possible to rank the games that I want to trade for? It doesn't seem to be possible but I just want to make sure.

Best regards

You just need to wait for the organizer to sync OLWLG with the geeklist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, and yes you can rank games you want -- just give them different values (highest value to most wanted).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kahunasan wrote:
Hi!

Best regards

Here's the part you missed, Alexander:
Quote:
Notera att OLWLG måste uppdateras manuellt (av mig) för att nya spel som har lagts till i GeekListan ska synas i OLWLG. Därför syns de inte där direkt när du har lagt upp dem i geeklistan.
- Pga. att jag är utan en stabil internetuppkoppling under stora delen av tiden innan önskelist skapande öppnas så kommer OLWLG att uppdateras sporadiskt!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone having any issues with the BGG Auction Tool which taps into the Auction Metalist managed by ColtsFan76?

For me, it is sniffing outdated data, and according to Brian the detritus entries have been removed, but the tool is still picking them up.

Maybe I'm the only one that uses this great tool to find items located in Geeklist auctions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that I had failed to update the item header of my listing (The European Sellers Geeklist) when I changed the body text this month - so the item was pointing to an expired list but the body was pointing to the current auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just noticed that the OLWLG auction tool hasn't synched since the end of July - thus the lack of useful updates or clearing of old.

It was such a good tool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Bump - Jeffyjeff, you're our only hope!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Bump - Jeffyjeff, you're our only hope!

I'm switching over to the other tool by James Ludlow - BGG Auction Aggregator. Not as fancy, but does the job

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/780133/auction-aggregator-d...
http://bggauctions.workingasintended.com/auctions

Thanks to

that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb

for the heads up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Campeau
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu brown belt under Bruno Fernandes.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I have a very general question.

Is there a way of indicating in the OLWLG that I'd be willing to trade any one of a list of my games for a game?

Ex: Say I have Trajan and Saint Petersburg for trade, and someone has Twilight Struggle in the Math Trade offers. Can I indicate that I would be willing to trade either Trajan OR Saint Petersburg simply by checking the box next to both in the Twilight Struggle row, or is that saying I'll trade both games for the one in return?

Please let me know! Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
philcampeau wrote:
Hey guys, I have a very general question.

Is there a way of indicating in the OLWLG that I'd be willing to trade any one of a list of my games for a game?

Ex: Say I have Trajan and Saint Petersburg for trade, and someone has Twilight Struggle in the Math Trade offers. Can I indicate that I would be willing to trade either Trajan OR Saint Petersburg simply by checking the box next to both in the Twilight Struggle row, or is that saying I'll trade both games for the one in return?

Please let me know! Thanks.

This really isn't the right thread for this question, but the quick answer is: What you are asking for is exactly how Math Trades work. It's always one item for one item. (An item may include more than one game, but only if you list them in one GeekList item, so that you are always trading those games together.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Its always one entry versus another entry - so if you pile twenty games in one entry/listing and you choose another entry with one game... you will ship 20 and receive 1.

With that said, if you split up your hypothetical games into two separate entries, only one will trade against Twilight Struggle... but there is no way to know which one it will be... but it will only be one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Donaldson
United States
Freeport
IL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For some reason, I stopped getting GM's when my trade/wish list matches an auction item. Can anyone help me with this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Solnitzky
Germany
Schlüchtern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

there is a tool/plugin for Firefox that allows to check one box and add some others by pulling and drawing the mouse button.

Can somebody help me out what the tool was called?

kind regards
Frank

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
donjamcdix wrote:
For some reason, I stopped getting GM's when my trade/wish list matches an auction item. Can anyone help me with this?

Pretty sure the auction tool is dead, now unsupported. JJ is silent on the matter. Use the other tool by James Ludlow. Much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Oz
United States
Litchfield
NH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I access the "Your Full Trade History" link it only loads data from my first 7 trades until March 2014. I noticed that my 8th trade was my first trade where I didn't receive any trades so perhaps there is a bug somewhere. It takes a while to load so it still seems like it is working to compile the list on every request.

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-compiled.cgi

I noticed someone else posted here in Feb with the same issue. Anyone else see this? And does your next trade also contain no trades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karsten
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
honeycomb wrote:
there is a tool/plugin for Firefox that allows to check one box and add some others by pulling and drawing the mouse button.

enoon wrote:
Checkbox mate
Toggles tickboxes (ticked or unticked) by drawing (click-drag) a bounding box around them. Only for Firefox, sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murphy Smith
United Kingdom
Exeter
devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm struggling with completing duplicate protection! I'm not seeing the option under stage 4 of 'easy way' to complete duplicate protection? I've tried to set it up manually and made a mess so also need to know how to delete and start again!

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  71 , 72 , 73 , 74 , 75  Next »  [75] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.