David Miller
United States
Livonia
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Math Trade Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) - Discussion, Problem Report, etc thread
For a math trade I enabled duplicate protection and then realized that some copies of the games I'm willing to trade more for because of sweeteners. Is there anyway to remove duplicate protection? If I just dont correspond (check) the group item with the same want item will that work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Math Trade Online Want List Generator (OLWLG) - Discussion, Problem Report, etc thread
warpi9 wrote:
For a math trade I enabled duplicate protection and then realized that some copies of the games I'm willing to trade more for because of sweeteners. Is there anyway to remove duplicate protection? If I just dont correspond (check) the group item with the same want item will that work?

Yeah. It's very easy to manually control dupe protection. Just find the original item ROW (it should be a pale grey now) and uncheck the box under the duplicate group name COLUMN. That will remove that item from the group.

Then you can click the box under the name of the items of yours that you will trade for the game, as you would for any other game.

The same method (in reverse) can be used to ADD a game to dupe protection afterwards. Say for example you make a group for Akrham Horror and want to include copied of Eldritch Horror because you don't want to end up with more than one between the two.

Enjoy the trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread should now be considered obsolete, please instead see the forums over in the guild

On-Line Want-List Generator (OLWLG), for Math Trades

this should make it easier in the future for folks to find previously asked and answered questions (hopefully folks keep to one thread per question/problem/feature request/etc)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

this should make it easier in the future for folks to find previously asked and answered questions (hopefully folks keep to one thread per question/problem/feature request/etc)

We can certainly dream! ;) Thanks for the update. And thanks for still working on this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You should ask the admins to lock this one down….
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it will stop people adding comments if it is locked down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lenz Poh
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Warning! Non-empty Dummy Items Not Being Used
The dummy item(s) "TEST2" have non-empty want lists themselves, but are not wanted by any of your real items.

What this one means is that you have some dummy item(s) that have non-empty want lists themselves (if you look under the column for these dummy item(s) in the Table/edit format of step 4 there are box(es) checked)... but the dummy item(s) themselves are not wanted by your real items (if you look at the row for the dummy item in step 4 for the dummy item there are no box(es) checked)..

Hi,

Can anyone explain this in layman term to me? Also how do i resolve this problem? SOrry but still a noob at this..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weijie_88 wrote:
JeffyJeff wrote:

Warning! Non-empty Dummy Items Not Being Used
The dummy item(s) "TEST2" have non-empty want lists themselves, but are not wanted by any of your real items.

What this one means is that you have some dummy item(s) that have non-empty want lists themselves (if you look under the column for these dummy item(s) in the Table/edit format of step 4 there are box(es) checked)... but the dummy item(s) themselves are not wanted by your real items (if you look at the row for the dummy item in step 4 for the dummy item there are no box(es) checked)..

Hi,

Can anyone explain this in layman term to me? Also how do i resolve this problem? SOrry but still a noob at this..

I think this can for example happen if you build a duplicate protection but then don't "want" the dummy item with any of your own items. So I think this is merely a reminder that you might want to "want" the dummy item now that you have inserted it.
Hope that helps.

E.g. Assume you would trade Agricola for Puerto Rico. Since there are 3 Puerto Ricos in the trade, you add a dummy item. If you now forget to tick the box for "I Want "Dummy PR" for my Agricola", you get the warning.

(If you need further explanation, you might want to read more about the duplicate protection itsself.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
as noted above, this thread is semi-obsolete, hoping all OLWLG users join/subscribe to the guild...

On-Line Want-List Generator (OLWLG), for Math Trades

but until most are transitioned over I would like to get as many folks for the poll for an icon to use to "resync bgg collection data"....

Poll
Which do you prefer?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
48.4% 15
32.3% 10
9.7% 3
9.7% 3
Voters 31
This poll is now closed.   31 answers
Poll created by JeffyJeff
Closes: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:00 am
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Morris-Jeter

Des Moines
Iowa
msg tools
mb
Im curious to how the equation works. If I am offering, just as an example Sushi Go, for something ridiculous like Terra Mystica as well as for Hanabi, which of course would never happen in the case of Terra Mystica, am I assigning a false value to Sushi Go and thereby making it now difficult to trade Sushi Go for something that is comparable in value such as Hanabi?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This isn't really the right thread for general "how do Math Trades work" questions, but here's a good place to start for your question: https://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/TradeMaximizer

The simple answer is: The algorithm doesn't pay attention to "values" of games, other than what people are actually willing to trade.

In your example, there's no real harm in putting TM on your list for SG - but you're never going to get it. (It would take someone - or a chain of people - basically being willing to take your SG & give TM.) Given the assumption that that trade will not happen, it will not affect your chance of making the SG/Hanabi trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeetra84 wrote:
Im curious to how the equation works. If I am offering, just as an example Sushi Go, for something ridiculous like Terra Mystica as well as for Hanabi, which of course would never happen in the case of Terra Mystica, am I assigning a false value to Sushi Go and thereby making it now difficult to trade Sushi Go for something that is comparable in value such as Hanabi?

First, as an FYI this is an obsolete thread, so if you have further questions you are better off following the advice and posting in the current locale.

Second, if I am interpreting your question correctly, you are not adding any difficulty whatsoever as you are not really assigning a "value", per se. You are making a series of binary decisions on each geeklist item independently: "Yes" I would trade Sushi Go for it or "No" I would not trade Sushi Go for it

So the only impact upon your desire to trade for Hanabi is that the likelihood of getting Hanabi is reduced ONLY insofar as you could potentially receive Terra Mystica instead. Admittedly a slim chance, but always possible with the way chains work out.

It is therefore not against your interest to "want" items that are significantly higher in perceived value. Your chances of getting them are unlikely, but they only reduce your likelihood of getting any other game insofar as you might get that game instead.

And I think if you were to acquire Terra Mystica for it instead of Hanabi, you would not be upset at having lost your chance to get Hanabi with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy 10 year anniversary of the public announcement of the OLWLG! I'm actually a day late I notice, it was April 2nd 10 years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Inherited instructions that I copy and pasted from my trade said that they should not delete items, but note it in the description and enter a blank in the OLWLG when the trade is run.

But I get notifications when syncing my geeklist that certain items have been deleted. Does that mean that users can now delete an item they no longer want to trade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cubeconvict wrote:
Inherited instructions that I copy and pasted from my trade said that they should not delete items, but note it in the description and enter a blank in the OLWLG when the trade is run.

But I get notifications when syncing my geeklist that certain items have been deleted. Does that mean that users can now delete an item they no longer want to trade?

Deleting items used to be a problem, especially when lists were managed by hand.

This is no longer a technical problem for the OLWLG. (I've participated in a few trades where items were deleted from the list.)

Some people - especially math trade old-timers - may still complain when items get deleted, but it won't cause a problem with the tool/results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
Brazil
Interior de São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I would like to give a suggestion, probably not a hard one.

Today, in step 3, you assign css classes to game name links' to represent "own","want", etc...

<a href="https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thing/178452" class="own">La Granja: 2nd Edition Promo Cards</a>

It would be great if the entire "row" tr (you don't have to style them, just add classes.

<tr id="tr5911638" class="own">

If that, it would be easier to create (faster 3rd part) scripts to filter/style the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Côté
Canada
montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Need to know if olwlg work great on Ipad.
I mean, im stuck on last viewing game. so, since my first viewican’t see no other game other than the newly added in the tread.
I try to ´´clic’´ on the « if you wantto see all game click here » but still nothing happen.

Someone can help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcote78 wrote:
Need to know if olwlg work great on Ipad.
I mean, im stuck on last viewing game. so, since my first viewican’t see no other game other than the newly added in the tread.
I try to ´´clic’´ on the « if you wantto see all game click here » but still nothing happen.

Someone can help?

As noted in the title, this is a dead thread. For support, post in the guild for the OLWLG instead of here.

I will tell you that I've not experienced that issue with the iPad, but I also haven't used my iPad to view a list in the past few months, so it may be something that changed with the iOS updates.

I found that using the iPad is very clunky, because sometimes you have to click multiple times to select things, so I only ever use it for my first pass, if at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  71 , 72 , 73 , 74 , 75  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.