Recommend
34 
 Thumb up
 Hide
491 Posts
[1]  Prev «  16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20  | 

1 Player guild» Forums » General

Subject: LotR LCG: What are you playing? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Talof Harjo
badge
Talof Harjo
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

crazybear wrote:
JYoder wrote:

Just recently got to try the lastest exp with Radagast and his staff, by summoning a pile of creatures (mainly eagles) which was quite fun and gratifying. Great to have another hero to use "Istari" cards.

Anyone else tried him yet?

Which Expansion?
The Fate of Wilderland

I was able to try him with the quest he came with (had lots of enemies) and had him pack lots of eagles and other creatures. Very fun! The other hand had hero Gandalf, so had 2 Istari always in play, which was great.

However, I had used "A Burning Brand" on Radagast, which recently got nerfed pretty hard, so I should re-think my decks and try it again.


Thank you! I need to catch up on buying some of the expansions.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
through ages
msg tools
JYoder wrote:
However, I had used "A Burning Brand" on Radagast, which recently got nerfed pretty hard, so I should re-think my decks and try it again.

Wow. I didn’t know about it. Now how do we get the erratae’d cards ? That’s quite annoying.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
throughtheages56 wrote:
JYoder wrote:
However, I had used "A Burning Brand" on Radagast, which recently got nerfed pretty hard, so I should re-think my decks and try it again.

Wow. I didn’t know about it. Now how do we get the erratae’d cards ? That’s quite annoying.
Yeah, only 1 shadow card to cancel per round and it's restricted.

As for getting it, I know it's in new starter set (and I assume with new core sets at some point). But I just write on my existing cards. And there are some other card changes. Hopefully they'll update FAQ fairly soon.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Tried the first "Shadow in the East" quest, "The River Running." I had used Radagast in the previous quest he came with, but the heroes/engine I'd built didn't feel as elegant as it could be, so I changed things up and am now trying these 2 newer Hobbits (Frodo and Bilbo) for the first time. Have to say, worked a lot better overall.

An eagles/creature deck is so fun and powerful with Radagast at the helm.

And given the quest was rather enemy-centric, who doesn't love having Haldir in the mix?







This is also my first time trying Brand in a non-Dale deck, as he's there to play various Tactic items on both teams, which has proven quite fun.

Anyone else been playing the game lately?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan Martin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about "lately" but a month ago I played Into the Pit Progression style with 2 friends and we got stomped.

I felt bad because we had played it a few weeks before and lost then too (plus I had built all our decks!) The first time we played, all the treacheries came out at once. This second time, it was the high-threat locations and we were underwater with our questing immediately. I suggested we scoop and start over, but then it happened again!

We kept going and were starting to make some progress, but all three of my Spirit heroes were killed and without Eowyn, there was no hope.

I can make some improvements with these decks, but (and this sounds awful) I think we've gotten beyond the skill of my friends. We play really infrequently, and they still don't really get some of the strategy. When I play these decks myself I win fairly handily.

But I need to get them out and tweak them.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Møller-Poulsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
The Pirates of the League
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just started playing LotR tcg recently. and managed to create a deck that made me succeed going through the corebox. Now I got Khazad-dûm and have to see how that goes.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Schmitt
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamernurse wrote:
I've just started playing LotR tcg recently. and managed to create a deck that made me succeed going through the corebox. Now I got Khazad-dûm and have to see how that goes.
If you can grab the Return to Mirkwood pack so you can play with Dáin Ironfoot. He really makes dwarf decks go.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Matthew
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That hero Haldir is a strong one, excited to meet him when my play progresses which by the way, I am still stuck at those 3 trolls from the 1st hobbit saga.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Yeah, Haldir has always been favorite of mine. Great when playing 2 handed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Møller-Poulsen
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
The Pirates of the League
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A noob question, but what exactly is a Nightmare deck? And why aren't they on ie RingsDB? Are they worth an investment?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

A nightmare deck is a mini exp with only encounter cards (no player cards) to make individual quests harder. So each quest (except for newer ones) have a nightmare exp you can buy, which makes that quest harder by swapping out certain cards. More setup, harder to beat, and no player cards means it's only for those who want really hard challenges.

I've only gotten ones for the first 2 cycles as those quests eventually became too easy with the larger card pool, but can't see myself getting any more.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently started playing LotR LCG and loving it, got some cycles and playing full pool. The other day I finally beat Escape from Dol Guldur!
Posted about it here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/260880/item/7197509#item7...

I'm loving playing with a Hobbits deck, can anybody suggest any good Hobbit cards from packs I don't have yet? (I have complete Mirkwood/Dwarrodelf/Ringmaker/Haradrim cycles)

I'd prefer non-saga stuff, although I know there's plenty of hobbits there.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Neri
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Drugo81 wrote:
I recently started playing LotR LCG and loving it, got some cycles and playing full pool. The other day I finally beat Escape from Dol Guldur!
Posted about it here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/260880/item/7197509#item7...

I'm loving playing with a Hobbits deck, can anybody suggest any good Hobbit cards from packs I don't have yet? (I have complete Mirkwood/Dwarrodelf/Ringmaker/Haradrim cycles)

I'd prefer non-saga stuff, although I know there's plenty of hobbits there.

Mount Gundabad is a good AP for Hobbit cards.
https://ringsdb.com/set/MG

Drinking Song, Gaffer Gamgee, and The Shirefolk are some of my favorite Hobbit cards.

On a personal note, I am playing Flight from Moria this week. I have already lost twice. Might switch to easy mode sometime soon.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Yoder
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Drugo81 wrote:
I recently started playing LotR LCG and loving it, got some cycles and playing full pool. The other day I finally beat Escape from Dol Guldur!
Posted about it here: https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/260880/item/7197509#item7...

I'm loving playing with a Hobbits deck, can anybody suggest any good Hobbit cards from packs I don't have yet? (I have complete Mirkwood/Dwarrodelf/Ringmaker/Haradrim cycles)

I'd prefer non-saga stuff, although I know there's plenty of hobbits there.

Way to beat Dol Guldur -- that's a nasty one! As for Hobbits, I agree with Philip on Mount Gundabad, which would also be my first pick. And while I know you prefer non-saga, I feel I should at least mention The Mountain of Fire...

https://ringsdb.com/set/MoF

Tom Cotton, Rosie Cotton, and Raise the Shire are great Hobbit cards. At minimum, you could proxy them if you don't want to buy it. (It also has Friend of Friends, but I've not messed with it yet as it requires 2 copies in play to work.)


philipneri wrote:
On a personal note, I am playing Flight from Moria this week. I have already lost twice. Might switch to easy mode sometime soon.
Best of luck! Using 1 or 2 decks? Who are your heroes?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Neri
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JYoder wrote:

philipneri wrote:
On a personal note, I am playing Flight from Moria this week. I have already lost twice. Might switch to easy mode sometime soon.
Best of luck! Using 1 or 2 decks? Who are your heroes?

I play one-handed solo. I just beat it on my third try with my Dale Deck (Lanwyn, Bard, and Brand). I am going to try with my Noldor Deck (Erestor, Cirdan, and Arwen) tomorrow.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Coppini
Germany
Frankfurt am Main
Hessen
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
philipneri wrote:
Mount Gundabad is a good AP for Hobbit cards.
https://ringsdb.com/set/MG

Drinking Song, Gaffer Gamgee, and The Shirefolk are some of my favorite Hobbit cards.

On a personal note, I am playing Flight from Moria this week. I have already lost twice. Might switch to easy mode sometime soon.

I got Mount Gundabad and you're right, those Hobbit cards are awesome!

Managed to win Conflict at the Carrock without much trouble thanks to Forest Snares and Gaffer Gamgee
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20  |