Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all!
geeklist for the July European Math Trade:
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/210710/july-2016-euro...

List closes: Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 22:00 GMT
Deadline for submitting want lists: Tuesday, July 19, 2016, 22:00 GMT

PS. please forgive the fact that due to many 24hr shifts at the hospital this month, I will be extra swift in coflict resolution.

Best of luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
on the http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/

try the automated way to transfer your items from previous trades into the current one:

After clicking on the icon, select a previous trade from the dropdown list and press submit. Then you can easily transfer the entries of your choice into the current trade by pressing the corresponding buttons. This will save you a lot of time.

or, you can use this link:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/addmygames.cgi?listid=2107...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have one game but would only want to post to the UK?

Is that acceptable or is it a bit below par for something titled European Math Trade?

It's not that i voted leave or anything haha, but shipping to Europe is quite expensive and I got a duplicate in the last UK trade.

If it's not cool, that's fine. I'm in no rush to trade it and can wait two months till next UK trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing is below par. Post as many or as few you like.
Oh! now I got what you mean by "post"
I thought you meant "post in the geeklist", while you meant post as in "ship".

The only method to do this is described below.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
I only have one game but would only want to post to the UK?

Is that acceptable or is it a bit below par for something titled European Math Trade?

It's not that i voted leave or anything haha, but shipping to Europe is quite expensive and I got a duplicate in the last UK trade.

If it's not cool, that's fine. I'm in no rush to trade it and can wait two months till next UK trade.

I am not sure if it is allowed in this trade, but maybe you can write that people outside UK pay the difference in shipping? (That is, actual shipping price minus UK shipping price).

wheelerruss wrote:
It's not that i voted leave or anything haha

: - )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael_Olsen wrote:
I am not sure if it is allowed in this trade, but maybe you can write that people outside UK pay the difference in shipping? (That is, actual shipping price minus UK shipping price).
In order to do this, please state the exact amount the recipient would have to pay, for each european country.

from the geeklist emphasized header part
Quote:
When sharing shipping costs with the recipient, please state the exact amount of money that the recipient will have to pay. If you are unsure of the costs, use Enoon's geeklist which displays rates from various european countries, check with your post office and when in doubt state the maximum amount that the recipient would have to cover.

Michael, please check the geeklist header in order to be clear on the rest of the terms. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Dimitris, but that looks like a lot of working out for all the different countries.

I'll just wait till the next UK trade

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Geggus
United Kingdom
Brentwood,
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
May I formally notify a potential delay in mailing any of my games if I am lucky enough to get some trades this month. I am flying off to the WBC on the 21st, so a finish date of the 19th may not allow me time to box up and post my games. Obviously when I return on the 2nd August, all mailings will be attended to immediately.

Therefore if you do need your games within a few days of the final results, then do not add any of my games. Otherwise, please do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
Thanks Dimitris, but that looks like a lot of working out for all the different countries.

Or just pick an amount you're happy with. As long as it's exact, people don't mind. Anything is better than not knowing how much. So for instance if you state "recipients outside of the UK will have to pay £10 via PayPal and cover the fees", you're fine! If in doubt about the shipping, just overstate it to make sure your back is covered and that you will be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Wheeler
United Kingdom
Shepherds Bush, London
Great Britain
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
wheelerruss wrote:

Or just pick an amount you're happy with. As long as it's exact, people don't mind. Anything is better than not knowing how much. So for instance if you state "recipients outside of the UK will have to pay £10 via PayPal and cover the fees", you're fine! If in doubt about the shipping, just overstate it to make sure your back is covered and that you will be happy.

But what if in some countries postage is £15 and in others is £25. If i say people pay £10 then postage could still be high.

Seriously, you're only missing out on a copy of small world! I'll just wait for the UK trade.

Thanks for replying though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Swan
United Kingdom
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Royal Mail Postage rates are the same to all EUropean countries. So you only have to look it up once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wheelerruss wrote:
Gawain wrote:
wheelerruss wrote:

But what if in some countries postage is £15 and in others is £25. If i say people pay £10 then postage could still be high.

Seriously, you're only missing out on a copy of small world! I'll just wait for the UK trade.

Thanks for replying though.

The number was of course only meant as an example, I could have just written "X amount". What's the typical shipping within UK for a boardgame then? Let's say it's £15. Outside of the UK, it can be anything. Figure out what the worst case is, let's say that's £25. So ask for £10 from anyone outside the UK. If it happens to be less, you'll score tons of bonus karma if you let them off easier. Or don't. You stated very clearly what you wanted, so you're entitled to it. This really isn't that hard :) Like I said, state whatever amount makes you sure you'll be happy. At least then you have a chance to trade. You mention Small World. That game costs £40+ new here in Norway. So don't sell yourself short ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Zurich
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dimitri,

Just for your information, the Trade is listed @ OLWLG under the "Non-shipping" trades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
Hi Dimitri,

Just for your information, the Trade is listed @ OLWLG under the "Non-shipping" trades. :)

Yeah, it unfortunately is "non-shipping" by default in OLWLG, and you have to physically go in and change it after it's been added. I guess there are more no-ship than shipping MTs now, so that's probably why.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Picon wrote:
Hi Dimitri,

Just for your information, the Trade is listed @ OLWLG under the "Non-shipping" trades.
Hi! many thanks. that's because to edit the attributes of the trade I wait for it to appear on olwlg, which takes some time after I announce it here.

PS please geekmail me potential errors you catch so it is certain that I don't miss the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This is my first European Math Trade (well my first Math Trade ever) and i've done everything (configured OLWLG and i have my collection there, entered my items and money on the trade) so my question is:

Example:

I listed 1 Puerto Rico and let's say i want game X, Y and Z. When the time arrives to establish the trades ( i think it's when the trade closes - correct me if i'm wrong pls ) can i try to trade the Puerto Rico for game X, Y and Z or i can only try to trade Puerto Rico for X ?

I hope i made my doubt clear

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is there a limit of games for users who only had a few trades so far? e.g. in the German Math Trade there is a limit of 5 games of you have less then 10 rated trades. (In case I missed this part somewhere: I am sorry ^^)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: This is a reply to Joao C L Mendonca

You can try to trade Puerto Rico for game X, Y, or Z. Maybe there will be no trade, or maybe you will trade it for one of them.
Again, to be clear: You can suggest to the math trade system that you would like to trade Puerto Rico (or any other game obviously) for as many other games as you would like. The more games you suggest, the better is your chance of a trade including your game.

I hope that helped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ElPeludo wrote:
Is there a limit of games for users who only had a few trades so far?
no - however there is an emphasis on reading very carefully the geeklist header! let me quote:

Quote:
If you are new to math trades, be advised: this is a counter-intuitive process which could harbour misunderstandings

After results are posted you will no longer be able to cancel the trades you are involved in. If you made a mistake in your wants, you are unfortunately burdened by it.
Doublecheck your wantlists before submitting!

that means: be prepared to make mistakes and -unfortunately- pay for them.

other than that, new users are more than welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Smith
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ElPeludo wrote:
Is there a limit of games for users who only had a few trades so far? e.g. in the German Math Trade there is a limit of 5 games of you have less then 10 rated trades. (In case I missed this part somewhere: I am sorry ^^)

No, that kind of limit is a specific measure of the German MT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Δημητρης Βασιαδης
Greece
Ζωγραφου, Αθηνα
Αττική
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
can i try to trade the Puerto Rico for game X, Y and Z or i can only try to trade Puerto Rico for X ?
Hi!
in the 2nd stage next Tuesday, you click each game of the list and then check each of your items that you would be extremely happy to trade for it, also taking into account the shipping costs and the possibility that you may have misread the game's description.

By checking a box, it means:

"I will not protest if the results call for me to trade my puerto rico for X or Y or Z"

since you have not explicitly stated that you have more than one copies of puerto rico, the algorithm will make sure
you are only asked to trade it 0 or 1 times.

hope I was clear. Best of luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael_Olsen wrote:
Edit: This is a reply to Joao C L Mendonca

You can try to trade Puerto Rico for game X, Y, or Z. Maybe there will be no trade, or maybe you will trade it for one of them.
Again, to be clear: You can suggest to the math trade system that you would like to trade Puerto Rico (or any other game obviously) for as many other games as you would like. The more games you suggest, the better is your chance of a trade including your game.

I hope that helped.

Awesome... that was what i was expecting, because, like you said, "uping" the odds of it being traded!

Just another doubt:

Let's say i see nothing to trade my Puerto Rico and i don't mark any trades. It obviously will not be traded? Correct ?

thx for your reply

Base the Bass wrote:
Jhonyb wrote:
can i try to trade the Puerto Rico for game X, Y and Z or i can only try to trade Puerto Rico for X ?
Hi!
in the 2nd stage next Tuesday, you click each game of the list and then check each of your items that you would be extremely happy to trade for it, also taking into account the shipping costs and the possibility that you may have misread the game's description.

By checking a box, it means:

"I will not protest if the results call for me to trade my puerto rico for X or Y or Z"

since you have not explicitly stated that you have more than one copies of puerto rico, the algorithm will make sure
you are only asked to trade it 0 or 1 times.

hope I was clear. Best of luck.

The intent was like i said above, "uping" the odds of a trade for X Y or Z not to trade 3 Puerto Ricos for 3 different games

thx for the reply
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
in OLWLG you can already click the button add next to each game listed and tick what (out of your games) you would be willing to trade for.

Then when the list closes you double check, makes changes and submit (make sure you receice geekmail about it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Olsen
Denmark
Ringsted
Danmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jhonyb wrote:
Let's say i see nothing to trade my Puerto Rico and i don't mark any trades. It obviously will not be traded? Correct ?

thx for your reply

That is correct. If you only add games and do not mark them for any potential trade there is no chance of the game being traded.

Math trades can be confusing at first (I know I was confused), but once you get the hang of it it makes perfect sense. So hang in there, ask all your questions, and join the party : - )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joao Mendonca
Portugal
Tavira
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael_Olsen wrote:
Jhonyb wrote:

thx for your reply

That is correct. If you only add games and do not mark them for any potential trade there is no chance of the game being traded.

Math trades can be confusing at first (I know I was confused), but once you get the hang of it it makes perfect sense. So hang in there, ask all your questions, and join the party : - )

Ty vm I think i have everything correctly done until now... When the time comes to actually "tick the boxes" any doubt i'll return here!

I'm always trying to trade via BGG too bad ppl are put down by shipping costs or don't even reply! I managed to trade games with Norway and Sweden and paid alot of shipping charges but i don't care i got a new game and i sent a game i didn't play. Don't understand why there isn't this mentality within the community! (well i understand, you can get the game cheaper somewhere, where i live i really don't get that chance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.