Subject: A really fun game for the family! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Hoot
United States
Venice
Florida
flag msg tools
I just want to let you know what we think of Zombietown. It is a very fun game with alot of action and alot of strategy.

First, let me explain that we are new to board. We found this game very easy to understand and fun to play. Our family played this the other night. We range in age from 13 years old to 45 years of age. Some of our younger children watched (ages 9 and 10) and they had no trouble comprehending the game. I have read complaints about the instructions but so far we have not had any problems understanding them. We found that they were very well written and easy to understand.

The game play itself flows very well. It was alot of fun joking with one another and trying to figure out where to send the zombies to your best advantage. Me, being a father with small children around, I don't like the term "screw your neighbor" game. But I would use the term "rip your neighbor to pieces to have a great time" type of game. It is very interesting to watch how everyone tries to grab each others homes and other abandoned homes. This is where some of the strategy is involved. You never want to leave your homes unguarded or unbarricaded or both. Also, you have always got to be watching where everyone is sending the zombies and try to use that to your best advantage. You have to decide your best course for moving around the zombies. Also, depending on what actions cards you hold or draw, what are you going to do? As you can see, with each and every move there are alot of decisions to be made. I don't believe that any of them were too difficult for them to understand but could see a problem of them trying to gang up on each other if we didn't watch it.

The quality of the game is excellent. The cards could be a little bit larger and the zombies fall over a little bit to easy. Besides that there are no complaints whatsoever on the quality.

I preordered it from Funagain games for $32 and wouldn't hesitate to do it again even though you could get it cheaper at other places if you look around.

Zombietown is a great game for family, friends or any group of people who want to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.