Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: carolina [+] flgs [+] [View All]
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going down to Charlotte, N.C. this coming week to visit my daughter.

Does anyone know of any good game stores down there that would provide a few hours of browsing vs. walking around a mall with women looking at clothes and candles and etc?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cole
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't quite understand why you are so reluctant to play Mall Madness Live. If played correctly as an area control game you can minimize your losses while earning valuable VP.

I'll call my daughter when she gets home later and see if I can get you some info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
See this thread for some help, but not much (because there are no good game stores in Charlotte): http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/95560

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bummer,

That just means I'll have to take some good ole standard fun games with me rather than maybe buying a new one when I'm down there.

Let me know guys.

No mall madness for me, unless there's even a few games somewhere or a good book store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Cole
United States
Rock Hill
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Ron no luck here either, just the same bad news... if they want something it's order online or take a trip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Emch
United States
Maumee
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Appreciate it guys. At least I won't waste any time looking for one. Good not to waste time on a vaca. Shame that there aren't any with a city the size of Charlotte. Very surprising. Maybe when I retire and if my daughter's still there, I'll retire and start the best.

Maybe I'll just order 1 or 2 on the internet with 2 day delivery, and still have time to play them with my daughter and her friends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a really nice store just south of Charlotte:

www.aboveboardgames.net

There's also a so-so one (mostly CCGs) in South Charlotte:

www.undergroundgamesofcharlotte.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kawski
United States
Midland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, most of us Charlotteans have to order our games online.

Are you interested in some gaming while you are here? The Queen City Gamers (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queencitygamers/) are meeting for a game day this Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Milburn
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Parker Banner Kent and Wayne in Cornelius carries a wide range of board games from Mayfair, Z-Man, Fantasy Flight and many more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb Petro
United States
INDIAN TRAIL
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PBKWMatt wrote:
Parker Banner Kent and Wayne in Cornelius carries a wide range of board games from Mayfair, Z-Man, Fantasy Flight and many more.

I've never been there myself, but I don't think it would be excessive shilling to post a link to your store's website, since it is relevant to the thread: http://www.pbkwcomics.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls